IHIFI 760 + 770 (pg 13) + 800 (pg 25) : From makers of the 812V2 / 960
Feb 5, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #451 of 482
  Shenzhenaudio is now selling them for $269.99 delivered.
I'm very tempted, but Since I own the 960, and planned on giving away my 770. It's hard to gather the cash to try this.
I am very pleased with my 960, can't wait to try 128gb card on it. It just sounds fantastic, it's good enough to drive my hd650s.

I do have to thank jdog for all his input on this unit, which drove me to buy it. The firmware update was easier than I thought it would be.

I'm a Xuelin fan now.

I'm really glad you like the 960.  I assume you chose the dual core issue; I really like mine alot.  The dual core 960 is quieter and and its operation is smoother than the modified 960; it is cheaper as well.  Penon Audio has the iHiFi 800 up for $259 (by economy mail) and $265 (for expedited delivery).  I guess I'm just a die-hard Xuelin fan, but I went ahead and purchased the 800 yesterday.  I will add some impressions once I get the player, hopefully it'll be here in the next week or so...

Feb 5, 2015 at 10:14 PM Post #452 of 482
Ya, the dual core, since it was my first player from them, I just know that they sound great.
I just wish the potentiometer had a little more resistance. As in, volume changes as it moves around in my pocket.
No complaints about sound quality, build quality, and UI.
I like the chinese music that came with the DAP, just wish I knew where to get more.
Can't wait to hear your impressions on the 800.
Never heard a Sabre DAC before.
I will soon hear the Cirrus Logic Flagship DAC, cuz I ordered a RACOON - with PSVANE tube
:p
Funny name.

Feb 14, 2015 at 4:51 AM Post #453 of 482
Hi there!

Just wondering if these earbuds are still performing satisfactorily.
(looking for decent earbuds to complement my new 770)

I was drawn to this by the fact that I really do prefer the innermost 
headphone-outlet on the 770 for dynamics and clarity.

By the way my tip for a great listening experience are the Philips 
Fidelio 3300 at 32,95.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Philips-SHL3300-2200MW-High-Power-DJ-Style-Foldable-Headphones-Headset-/331458653363?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d2c79acb3

They absolute blow every other over-ear away, even at ten times the price.
Had mine for the first time on iphone, heard right away that spotify
sounded like crap..
Now, on the 770 with decent flacs, it's like being at the studio.

Boet

Feb 17, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #454 of 482
  Hi there!

Just wondering if these earbuds are still performing satisfactorily.
(looking for decent earbuds to complement my new 770)

I was drawn to this by the fact that I really do prefer the innermost 
headphone-outlet on the 770 for dynamics and clarity.

By the way my tip for a great listening experience are the Philips 
Fidelio 3300 at 32,95.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Philips-SHL3300-2200MW-High-Power-DJ-Style-Foldable-Headphones-Headset-/331458653363?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d2c79acb3

They absolute blow every other over-ear away, even at ten times the price.
Had mine for the first time on iphone, heard right away that spotify
sounded like crap..
Now, on the 770 with decent flacs, it's like being at the studio.

Boet

I'm sorry, I'm not sure which earphones or earbuds you're asking about.  I can tell you though that the secret of the 770 is to find an earphone or headphone that pairs to your liking.. The 770 has really very good power for its size and it can drive any of the iem's I own.  If you are thinking of getting a pair of iem's to try with the 770, please just avoid getting a set with a microphone attachment.  The 770 does not do well with the three-ringed connector.  I have preferred iem's with dynamic drivers with my Xuelin players...

Feb 17, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #455 of 482
I have had the chance to put together some introductory impressions of the iHiFi 800 in the forums in a separate thread for the iHiFi 800, if anyone is interested...

Feb 17, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #456 of 482
  I have had the chance to put together some introductory impressions of the iHiFi 800 in the forums in a separate thread for the iHiFi 800, if anyone is interested...

Thanks! Here's the link: http://www.head-fi.org/t/755399/xuelin-ihifi-800-a-brief-introduction

Feb 20, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #458 of 482
  Hi ALL,

I have iHIFI 760 with ihifi_v1.66, i tried many times to updated to V1.8 version but always said error. what can i do ??

I don't have the 760, so I will just assume that your version 1.8 is for the 760.  In any event, if you are using windows 7, make sure for the Rockchip image upgrader that is needed for the upgrade, that you run it as administrator.  I know that for the recent firmware updates (from 7/28/14) for the 770 and 960, that if you don't run the image upgrader as administrator on windows 7, you will get absolutely nowhere.  I also assume that you have downloaded the necessary drivers as well.  Sorry I can't be of more help, good luck.

Mar 1, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #460 of 482
  sorry for disturbing you, but i want to ask that how can you install rockbox in IHIFI812V2? can you give me some details on installation? thx a lot

I really don't know how stable Rockbox is for any of the iHiFi players, but here is a link for past discussions for process for the 812v2:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/679572/ihifi-760-new-sleeker-dap-from-the-makers-of-the-812v2-960/105#post_10133706

Mar 1, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #461 of 482
Okay, now I'm a bit pissed off at Xuelin.  Yes I realized their firmware and UI were simplistic, but I never really recognized the potential for the 960 (and this should also go for the 800 and 770s as well) until I added Rockbox to my modified 960.  What a huge upgrade this is; I can now play AAC and higher resolution FLAC files, there is cue support, a graphic equalizer, and album art display (among many other upgrades).  I have only had the Rockbox firmware added to my 960 for today, so I don't know how stable the program is, but so far I have not had any problems at all.  In fact, the modified 960 operates more smoothly with the Rockbox program than it did without it.  There is absolutely no reason that the functionality of these players can't be markedly improved by some serious upgrades in firmware.  I'm still amazed how primitive the standard Xuelin firmware is compared to the Rockbox'd version.  There are a few shortcomings of Rockbox; the program has to be added to a microsd card, so only files on the microsd card show up to be played and the songs in the files are all listed in alphabetical order (instead of album track order).  There may be a way to reorder the tracks in a file, but I have not figured it out if there is.  I have written Xuelin to let them know of the potential for their players, but who knows if they'll get serious or not.  I'm telling you, with the fantastic sound quality of all their active players (960, 800 and 770s), some major firmware upgrades could greatly increase the functionality and value of these players...  I don't know how to add zip files to this thread, but if anyone would like access to the files I used to put Rockbox on the 960, send me a PM and I will send them along in an email to you...

Mar 1, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #462 of 482
  Okay, now I'm a bit pissed off at Xuelin.
 Yes I realized their firmware and UI were simplistic, but I never really recognized the potential for the 960 (and this should also go for the 800 and 770s as well) until I added Rockbox to my modified 960.  What a huge upgrade this is; I can now play AAC and higher resolution FLAC files, there is cue support, a graphic equalizer, and album art display (among many other upgrades).  I have only had the Rockbox firmware added to my 960 for today, so I don't know how stable the program is, but so far I have not had any problems at all.  In fact, the modified 960 operates more smoothly with the Rockbox program than it did without it.  There is absolutely no reason that the functionality of these players can't be markedly improved by some serious upgrades in firmware.  I'm still amazed how primitive the standard Xuelin firmware is compared to the Rockbox'd version.  There are a few shortcomings of Rockbox; the program has to be added to a microsd card, so only files on the microsd card show up to be played and the songs in the files are all listed in alphabetical order (instead of album track order).  There may be a way to reorder the tracks in a file, but I have not figured it out if there is.  I have written Xuelin to let them know of the potential for their players, but who knows if they'll get serious or not.  I'm telling you, with the fantastic sound quality of all their active players (960, 800 and 770s), some major firmware upgrades could greatly increase the functionality and value of these players...  I don't know how to add zip files to this thread, but if anyone would like access to the files I used to put Rockbox on the 960, send me a PM and I will send them along in an email to you...

Ha! I rockboxed my clip zip and was similarly impressed by how good rockboxing is. Fortunately for me though I let go of any further expectations in that regard as far as the 770 is concerned, and I guess I have gotten used to the simplistic UI again. But at least the 770 has the resume function (one thing that my colorfly c3 didn't have, which drove me absolutely bonkers lol).

Mar 2, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #463 of 482
  Okay, now I'm a bit pissed off at Xuelin.  
Yes I realized their firmware and UI were simplistic, but I never really recognized the potential for the 960 (and this should also go for the 800 and 770s as well) until I added Rockbox to my modified 960.  What a huge upgrade this is; I can now play AAC and higher resolution FLAC files, there is cue support, a graphic equalizer, and album art display (among many other upgrades).  I have only had the Rockbox firmware added to my 960 for today, so I don't know how stable the program is, but so far I have not had any problems at all.  In fact, the modified 960 operates more smoothly with the Rockbox program than it did without it.  There is absolutely no reason that the functionality of these players can't be markedly improved by some serious upgrades in firmware.  I'm still amazed how primitive the standard Xuelin firmware is compared to the Rockbox'd version.  There are a few shortcomings of Rockbox; the program has to be added to a microsd card, so only files on the microsd card show up to be played and the songs in the files are all listed in alphabetical order (instead of album track order).  There may be a way to reorder the tracks in a file, but I have not figured it out if there is.  I have written Xuelin to let them know of the potential for their players, but who knows if they'll get serious or not.  I'm telling you, with the fantastic sound quality of all their active players (960, 800 and 770s), some major firmware upgrades could greatly increase the functionality and value of these players...  I don't know how to add zip files to this thread, but if anyone would like access to the files I used to put Rockbox on the 960, send me a PM and I will send them along in an email to you...

Yes I totally agree with you @jdog Maybe we can start a campaign for rockbox development for this we can all send e mail to Xuelin that we all have their players(maybe we can add this premium cards numbers)and demand official rockbox release for their audio players. 

And about the higher resolution flac files as I read in Russian forums rockbox downsample them to play with RK27xx chip but without converting it is working and thats also good. 

Mar 15, 2015 at 6:57 AM Post #464 of 482
good day sir! i'm very interested with the 770 and the 800. can you please enlighten me with its real-world battery life?? i would love to have this dap as my first dedicated one.. i'm a student who loves to commute that's why i need my players to have atleast 10hrs+ on Flac files. i'm torn with this xuelin player vs. the DX50. though a colleague of mine suggest that the 800 blows the X3 II and DX50 out of the waters.. Thanks in advance for your kind inputs on my dellima. :)

Mar 15, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #465 of 482
good day sir! i'm very interested with the 770 and the 800. can you please enlighten me with its real-world battery life?? i would love to have this dap as my first dedicated one.. i'm a student who loves to commute that's why i need my players to have atleast 10hrs+ on Flac files. i'm torn with this xuelin player vs. the DX50. though a colleague of mine suggest that the 800 blows the X3 II and DX50 out of the waters.. Thanks in advance for your kind inputs on my dellima.
smily_headphones1.gif

I left a more detailed answer about the 800 and 770 in the thread for the iHiFi800.  I can't speak for others, but I have had occasional difficulties playing a few more highly compressed FLAC files on the 770.  With less compressed FLAC files, I have had no problems at all.  The iHiFi 800 does well with FLAC files. I think this must be a firmware issue, because I had more problems with these FLAC files on my 960 until I replaced the Xuelin firmware with the Rockbox firmware...Now the 960 (with Rock box) plays any file type I put thru it, including high resolution FLAC files (24 bit/192 khz)....  The iHiFi 800 has very nice sound quality, I'm just waiting for Xuelin to step up their efforts with significant firmware upgrades...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back