IHIFI 760 + 770 (pg 13) + 800 (pg 25) : From makers of the 812V2 / 960
Aug 31, 2013 at 10:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 482

nick n

Headphoneus Supremus
Is this an X3 / DX50 competitor?

I was browsing around again rereading impressions on the Xueling IHIFI 812v2 and the bigger brother the 960 ( again yeah ), and ran across this IHIFI 760 from Xueling ( a.k.a XUELIN )
It appears this is a smaller version of those two and if the sound quality is anything comparable to the other two as has been described in here, at this price point this thing should be a serious contender.

Pricepoint is about the same as the FiiO x3 and DX50...

Some pics of the unit
http://www.erji.net/simple/index.php?t1503055.html
and pics of the colour screen in action.
http://www.erji.net/read.php?tid=1511995
EDIT:
FOUND SIZE COMPARISONS! This thing is smaller than i thought.
http://bbs2.erji.com/read.php?tid=1516680&fpage=0&toread=&page=1

and specs lifted from an auction:

[size=large][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=large][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=small][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]The zinc alloy die - casting process, surface auto spraying, the fashion exquisite, has strong metal texture.[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=small][size=small][size=small][size=10pt]The product supply part of the optimization process, the use of  5 polymer filter capacitors as, the ripple parameters compared with the conventional design, it is lower bottom, pure sweet sound.[/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=small][size=10pt]The audio DAC uses mainstream wm8740 (120db/snr), LPF is [/size][/size][size=small][size=10pt]using the latest opa1652 Dual OP AMP[/size][/size][size=small][size=10pt] (THD=0.00004%).[/size][/size]

[size=small][size=small][size=small][size=10pt]in order to avoid the problem of sound, ihifi760 specially designed a precise multi turn potentiometer for the user to adjust the balance, in the factory with rmaa matched to the error is less than 0.5 db.[/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=small][size=small][size=small][size=10pt]High current amplifier output of the machine can reach about 300MW per channel, can be easily pushed hd650 class of high impedance headphones.[/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=small][size=small][size=small][size=10pt] Especially for the energy consumption of products is optimized management, and the use of Samsung S4 large capacity battery core, the system of stand-by time to record 18 hours (the impact of this is the relatively heavy weight) and most similar equipment life time is only 6-8 hours, can not meet the need of long time out.[/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=small][size=small][size=small][size=10pt]Ihifi760 voice kept Xuelin consistent high-quality standards, zero noise, sound field is broad, voice sweet, strong thrust, portable headphone enthusiast.[/size][/size][/size][/size]

* Saw some mention of this maybe being changed unless the Russian translation is awkward here: http://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=http://player.ru/showthread.php%3Ft%3D126938&prev=/search%3Fq%3DXUELIN%2BIHIFI760%26client%3Dubuntu%26hs%3DNkd%26channel%3Dfs
POST#35 maybe more after that
Post#172 says ( with pictures of build progress Dated AUG 11  )
Decoding: wm8740 (like 960go)
Amp: ad8397ardz (like 960go)
Lpf: AD8672

from what i could gather they were not happy during testing with the earlier OPA1652 chip quality and went with this other.
^ CONFIRMED AS PER THEIR WEBSITE

[size=small][size=small][size=small][size=small][size=small][size=small][size=small][size=10pt]Technical Parameters:[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=small][size=10pt]Headphone output power......300mw/16ohm 180mw/32ohm 40mw/300ohm[/size][/size]
[size=small][size=10pt]Line output reference level........2V + 1.8dB (1KHz)[/size][/size]
[size=small][size=10pt]Signal to noise ratio..................Greater than or equal to 105 dB (A weight)[/size][/size]
[size=small][size=10pt]Channel unbalance............... ≤ 0.5dB (1KHz)[/size][/size]
[size=small][size=10pt]Channel separation..................More than 93dB (1KHz)[/size][/size]
[size=small][size=10pt]frequency response....................20Hz ~ 20KHz (+0/-2.5dB)[/size][/size]
[size=small][size=10pt]Total harmonic distortion plus noise.......≤ 0.004% (1KHz)[/size][/size]
[size=small][size=10pt]Life time..................WAV format for about 18 hours (screen closed) ape format for about 16 hours (screen off)[/size][/size]
[size=small][size=10pt]Support audio format............WAV APE FLAC AAC OGG MP3 WMA (8-48k)[/size][/size]
[size=small][size=10pt]Storage capacity...................The built-in 8GB, expandable to 32G[/size][/size]
[size=small][size=10pt]Battery type........................ 3.8V 2600mAh lithium polymer battery[/size][/size]
[size=small][size=10pt]Life time........................18 hours depending on different sampling rate change[/size][/size]
[size=small][size=10pt]Charging time.................3 Special Ops[/size][/size]
[size=small][size=10pt]Size and shape............About 98*69*17mm (not including the knob)[/size][/size]
[size=small][size=10pt]Weight........................ About 270 grams[/size][/size]

I see they have brought over the nicer glass covered screen from their 960.
Another thing I noticed was apparently a user-adjustable balance screw on the outside of the casing.< reason being i think they surmise that not everybody has equal hearing in both ears!!! Great idea not seen on much else that I am aware of anyhow.
Internal amp output seems slightly lower than the 812v2, as well it seems no external gain switch so this will be dealt with internally using the volume control as it is in the 960.
Line out option also but maybe no digital out.
Who knows about the UI, certainly the X3 and DX50 will be great in that regard, but I don't care about all those options ( happy C3 user here
bigsmile_face.gif
)

One other thought, this was brought up in the Russian forum a bit,  is this : don't necessarily judge this based on the price point compared to the higher models.
The higher models were small batch, and we have yet to find out about these. In other words they may possibly have begun producing a large volume of this model to break into the market and recoup costs that way. See what i am getting at?

Here's hoping someone has picked this gorgeous little thing up  and can shed some light on it. Itchy trigger finger was bad enough on the 812v2, only thing that kept me from it was form factor and buttons, well that stuff and  the price.

Could this 760 be the one.....

Sep 1, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #3 of 482
Has anyone possibly heard this DAP, or any of our international members had a chance to test one in store?

I would like to know more about this, especially how it sounds.

Sep 1, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #4 of 482
Looks similar to the DX50 but a lot more like a brick. 
Is this from China? 

Sep 1, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #5 of 482
Looks similar to the DX50 but a lot more like a brick. 
Is this from China? 

Little under double the weight of DX50.

IHIFI 760 = 270 grams

DX50 = 146 grams

My HTC phone is heavier than DX50 coming in at around 180 grams with gel case.

Sep 1, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #6 of 482
Sep 1, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #7 of 482
Quote:

Yeah, most things are nowadays aren't they? 
I might be able to try it late this year if I see it in a shop in HK. 
I personally dislike their design though, it just looks too bulky and doesn't keep up with the DX50, X3 or even the Hisound players. 

Sep 1, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #8 of 482
Sep 1, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #9 of 482
it is another 8740 DAP with LO and PO only, but no digital out..

I read through the page but could not confirm if it will support HD tracks, i.e. 24bit flac files.

Sep 1, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #12 of 482
I was going to order within the 3rd batch of DX50s, only the way things are going with delays and waiting on DX50 batches to be built/shipped I"m going to allow that product a month to settle down, the anticipation and pressure on iBasso is a little much for me. I decided to place an order on IHIFI 760 and have a play with it while things calm down next door. I'll report in once it arrives with some pics and see how it sounds.

Sep 2, 2013 at 2:12 AM Post #14 of 482
Quote:
I was going to order within the 3rd batch of DX50s, only the way things are going with delays and waiting on DX50 batches to be built/shipped I"m going to allow that product a month to settle down, the anticipation and pressure on iBasso is a little much for me. I decided to place an order on IHIFI 760 and have a play with it while things calm down next door. I'll report in once it arrives with some pics and see how it sounds.

Glad you'd be the first to pull the trigger on such a new product to the market!

Looking forward to your opinions on it. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 4, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #15 of 482

I've been keeping an eye on the Russian forums reading about IHIFI 760, they say it sounds nice so far with two impressions I've read.

There it is next to a packet of cigarettes so not too big, but apparently heavy weight at 280 grams, that's a fair amount. Takes a Galaxy S4 battery which can be changed and runs for 18 hours with WAV.  The consensus is 760 may sound a touch warm?, they also say it's very melodic which is a good sign. I'll put my camera to work when it arrives. Not easy makiing what's being said exactly with the translator however from what I am picking up it's not getting the thumbs down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back