IHIFI 760 + 770 (pg 13) + 800 (pg 25) : From makers of the 812V2 / 960
May 31, 2014 at 6:51 AM Post #196 of 482
Maybe I will!
wink.gif

Will be looking forward to your impressions then. 
rolleyes.gif

May 31, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #198 of 482
The 760 is apparently not being made any more according to some Russian forums. Get them while you can.

Jun 1, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #200 of 482
regarding  phase out of the 760 model: as far as the translator worked and I could tell yes that is what they said.
Would be nice to confirm that.
Anyhow i was looking at the output on that 770 and it states in the ebay auction anyhow :
Earphone output power :120mw+120mw/320ohm  so 240 into 320 ohms

The 812v2 which is most adequate has specs of  50mW/300 ( pretty much the same as the 960 far as I recall ) so that 770 spec can't be right.

I was thinking that must be a typo and the 770 is 120+120 ( 240 mw )  output into 32 ohms not 320.

So if the above is right then in comparison between the two :

812 = 225mw into  32 ohm      (Europe) < whats normal non-europe I wonder ?=looks like all the specs are Europe?
760 = 180mw into  32ohm
770 = 240mw into  32 ohm

Pretty darned close! So did they boost the output here or what? Unless I am reading how they measure it wrong or something here and it is 120 but it should be combined channels am I right?
Here's hoping....
Off to explore this.

1. EDIT#1

YEP it is into 32 ohms as per their site. > ENGLISH LINK HERE < It also states the internal amp there , an ipod amp is only 1/8 as powerful as what the new 770's chip outputs ( for some fun trivia ). Booyaw! and 13 hours battery life, nice

1.  EDIT#2
From what I am reading this thing has two headphone outputs, each tuned differently. One is normally tuned (called "classic" ) and one is called "voice"
as per their description :

"earphone output interface A soft mode
 earphone output interface B elegant and beautiful mode"

"IHIFI770 player primarily attempts to install dual-mode output of hardware tuning with earphone jack of dual output of classic/voice. The intermediate frequency of the voice output is very soft and graceful, while the classic output is elegant and intense, even perform better in piano and other instruments. It is available to the hardware compensation for earphones of different styles."

So HARDWARE implemented not SOFTWARE.

Jun 2, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #201 of 482
Well, I enjoy the sound quality of the iHiFi 960 (double-core version) so much, that I have ordered up one of the iHiFi 770 models.  At this point, I will plan to have the 960 for home use primarily and consider the 770 for more portable purposes (bike riding, in-car stereo, etc).  Hopefully, I will get this new player in 2-3 weeks, so I'll let you all know how it sounds.  The 770 appears to have some features that are improvements over the 760 (not just in terms of size/weight), so we'll see.....

Jun 10, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #202 of 482
Well, the iHiFi 770 has arrived and it is very nice.  For all of you that own a Xuelin player (760, 812v2 or 960), this player is markedly different in size, but it still retains the beautiful Xuelin sound quality. The 770 is thin and sleek and really is an attractive music player.  It is about the same size as the Sflo2 (which I think is about the same size as an iphone).  It is quite light-weight; it does not feel as sturdy as the 960 but it does feel solidly built.  I have the iHiFi 960 (dual-core version) and from I can tell so far, the 770 rivals it in sound quality.  The 960 has a wider sound stage, has a slightly warmer sound quality and is a bit better with microdetail, but the sound quality of the 770 (to my ears anyway) is very, very good.  The 770 has 2 head-phone lines out (but no dedicated line out), and the sound quality is noticeably different between the two.  The headphone A port (referred to as "voice" or soft mode by Xuelin) is a bit recessed, and has a bit more base than headphone B (referred to as "elegant and beautiful").  There is enough difference between the two that I prefer different earphones with them.  For headphone A, I prefer to use Westone 2 and Ostry KC06; for headphone B, I prefer zero audio tenore.  For any of you that have the Colorfly C3/C&C BH amp combination, the two outputs on the C&C amp are very similar to the head phone ports on the 770;  Out 1 on the C&C is similar to headphone B, and out 2 is similar to headphone A.

The 770 has much more power than I expected;  the volume settings range from 0 to 60, and with my available earphones, I have not needed to go above a setting of 35, and I tend to listen to music a bit on the louder side. Again referring to the Colorfly C3, the 770 has more power and is much quieter, the 770 has an absolutely black background and there are no pops/clicks between songs or when the player is turned off.  The sound quality of the 770 (at least for me) exceeds that of the C3/C&C BH combo.  It is also easier to carry around as I don't need an amplifier.  I recently read another review (translated from a Chinese forum) in which the reviewer thought the sound quality of the 770 exceeded that of the FiiO X3, but not the FiiO X5.  I don't have either FiiO player, so I cannot comment on this any further...

Navigation on the 770 does take some practice, but the firmware is identical to that on the dual-core 960 (version 1.80).  You just have to get used to the key sequences to maneuver between the files.   The 770 has all the UI features  that the 960 has, but instead of physical buttons or a volume knob, the 770 has touch screen "buttons" to make selections and adjust the volume.  The touch screen buttons on my unit are appropriately responsive and the player is quite adept at changing between songs, with no significant lag or delay. To be honest, I do prefer the 960 when it comes to maneuvering the player/volume control, but the 770 is rapidly becoming more familiar as I get more parctice with it.

The 770 is supposed to have a battery life of around 13 hrs; I haven't listened to mine long enough to say if this is accurate or not.  The 770 does (in my opinion) have a feature that is more convenient compared to the 960.  The battery of the 770 can be recharged thru the same USB port that is used to transfer music to the player, whereas, the 960 has separate recharge and USB ports.  This will increase the portability of the 770 for me and make it an easier player to use at the office, in the car, etc.  The player has 8 gb internal memory and has a microsd slot said to accomodate cards up to 128 gb.  I am using a 64 gb card and the player reads it quite well and quite fast.

So, in summary, I think the 770 is a very nice player with excellent sound quality (if you like the Xuelin sound).  It has an absolute black background with no noise/pops/clicks between songs or when the player is turned off.  The player is smaller than the other Xuelin offerings today, and in my opinion, it is a sleek, attractive player.  The 2 headphone outs offer the user a reasonable choice based on the earphones/headphones the user has.  The player has enough power to easily drive all the earphones I currently own.  The firmware on the 770 does have preset equalizer settings (I am just using normal, like I do on the 960), so this may help some users.  At this point, I do not see the need for an amp for my purposes with this player. The touch screen navigation does take some practice to get used to, but is not complicated.  All in all, I am quite happy with the 770 thus far, and I think it will meet my purposes quite nicely.  I purchased my Xuelin 770 from Penon Audio; the player comes with a USB cable, a user's manual and a protective leather case.  I paid US $180, and this included shipping.

Jun 10, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #203 of 482
  Well, the iHiFi 770 has arrived and it is very nice.  For all of you that own a Xuelin player (760, 812v2 or 960), this player is markedly different in size, but it still retains the beautiful Xuelin sound quality. The 770 is thin and sleek and really is an attractive music player.  It is about the same size as the Sflo2 (which I think is about the same size as an iphone).  It is quite light-weight; it does not feel as sturdy as the 960 but it does feel solidly built.  I have the iHiFi 960 (dual-core version) and from I can tell so far, the 770 rivals it in sound quality.  The 960 has a wider sound stage, has a slightly warmer sound quality and is a bit better with microdetail, but the sound quality of the 770 (to my ears anyway) is very, very good.  The 770 has 2 head-phone lines out (but no dedicated line out), and the sound quality is noticeably different between the two.  The headphone A port (referred to as "voice" or soft mode by Xuelin) is a bit recessed, and has a bit more base than headphone B (referred to as "elegant and beautiful").  There is enough difference between the two that I prefer different earphones with them.  For headphone A, I prefer to use Westone 2 and Ostry KC06; for headphone B, I prefer zero audio tenore.  For any of you that have the Colorfly C3/C&C BH amp combination, the two outputs on the C&C amp are very similar to the head phone ports on the 770;  Out 1 on the C&C is similar to headphone B, and out 2 is similar to headphone A.

The 770 has much more power than I expected;  the volume settings range from 0 to 60, and with my available earphones, I have not needed to go above a setting of 35, and I tend to listen to music a bit on the louder side. Again referring to the Colorfly C3, the 770 has more power and is much quieter, the 770 has an absolutely black background and there are no pops/clicks between songs or when the player is turned off.  The sound quality of the 770 (at least for me) exceeds that of the C3/C&C BH combo.  It is also easier to carry around as I don't need an amplifier.  I recently read another review (translated from a Chinese forum) in which the reviewer thought the sound quality of the 770 exceeded that of the FiiO X3, but not the FiiO X5.  I don't have either FiiO player, so I cannot comment on this any further...

Navigation on the 770 does take some practice, but the firmware is identical to that on the dual-core 960 (version 1.80).  You just have to get used to the key sequences to maneuver between the files.   The 770 has all the UI features  that the 960 has, but instead of physical buttons or a volume knob, the 770 has touch screen "buttons" to make selections and adjust the volume.  The touch screen buttons on my unit are appropriately responsive and the player is quite adept at changing between songs, with no significant lag or delay. To be honest, I do prefer the 960 when it comes to maneuvering the player/volume control, but the 770 is rapidly becoming more familiar as I get more parctice with it.

The 770 is supposed to have a battery life of around 13 hrs; I haven't listened to mine long enough to say if this is accurate or not.  The 770 does (in my opinion) have a feature that is more convenient compared to the 960.  The battery of the 770 can be recharged thru the same USB port that is used to transfer music to the player, whereas, the 960 has separate recharge and USB ports.  This will increase the portability of the 770 for me and make it an easier player to use at the office, in the car, etc.  The player has 8 gb internal memory and has a microsd slot said to accomodate cards up to 128 gb.  I am using a 64 gb card and the player reads it quite well and quite fast.

So, in summary, I think the 770 is a very nice player with excellent sound quality (if you like the Xuelin sound).  It has an absolute black background with no noise/pops/clicks between songs or when the player is turned off.  The player is smaller than the other Xuelin offerings today, and in my opinion, it is a sleek, attractive player.  The 2 headphone outs offer the user a reasonable choice based on the earphones/headphones the user has.  The player has enough power to easily drive all the earphones I currently own.  The firmware on the 770 does have preset equalizer settings (I am just using normal, like I do on the 960), so this may help some users.  At this point, I do not see the need for an amp for my purposes with this player. The touch screen navigation does take some practice to get used to, but is not complicated.  All in all, I am quite happy with the 770 thus far, and I think it will meet my purposes quite nicely.  I purchased my Xuelin 770 from Penon Audio; the player comes with a USB cable, a user's manual and a protective leather case.  I paid US $180, and this included shipping.

Thanks for the impressions. I'm quite interested in your comparisons. In which ways does iHiFi 770 exceed that of the C3/C&C BH combo? Is iHiFi 770 bassier, warmer?

Jun 10, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #204 of 482
+1 re the sound comparisons with the c3/bh combo.

Nice writeup!

Jun 10, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #205 of 482
Ozkan,

Let me just start by saying I like the sound quality from both the Colorfly C3 and the iHiFi 770.  As we all know, sound preference is going to be a very individual thing...  But the biggest difference between the IHiFi 770 and the Colorfly C3 combo has to do with background noise.  The 770 has absolutely no background noise, so you don't hear any pops/clicks between songs.  The black background (at least to me) gives the songs on the 770 a more isolated, more clear sound.  The issue re: warmth and bass will vary depending on which headphone port you use on the 770 and which output port you use on the Colorfly combo.  For instance, when I use headphone B on the 770 and compare this to output 1 on the combo using the Zero Audio Tenores, the Colorfly comes across with a bit more warmth and bass than the 770.  On the 770, the vocals seem to placed a little more forward.  As I said earlier, the sound from each headphone port is different enough that one will have to figure out which earphone/headphone to match with each port.  I like the sound I get from headphone port B with the Tenores.  On the other hand, I prefer to use the Ostry KC06 or Westone 2s with headphone port A.  I'm convinced people will find their own preferences when they individually test their own earphones with the 770.  I recognize that with all the DAPs available that some people will/do not appreciate the sound signature of the Xuelin players.  I do really like the sound quality I get from these players, so I guess much of it is going to come down to your own preference.  Although I've indicated I prefer the 770 over the Colorfly combo, I'm sure there are others who will prefer the Colorfly combo.  Outside of sound quality, I did also want a player that did not need to be combined with an amp to sound good.  This is another area (again IMO) where the 770 bests the Colorfly.   

Jun 11, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #206 of 482
Thanks for going into so much detail and with the other setup comparison many can relate to!

Real-life juicy action shot pictures at some point?
jecklinsmile.gif

Jun 12, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #207 of 482
You are welcome.  Looks like Penon Audio has dropped the price on the 770 down to US $175 and this includes economy shipping.  His eBay site, bigbargainonline, has dropped the price to $179 and this includes shipping and an undefined "hifi earphone"...

Jun 12, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #210 of 482
  I previously owned 760 but sold it finally due to its serious channel inbalance especially at low volume listening. Is there any channel inbalance from the new 770??? Thanks.

you knew that you could manually adjust each channel for that independantly didn't you? With the tiny screws

Users who are viewing this thread

Back