IHIFI 760 + 770 (pg 13) + 800 (pg 25) : From makers of the 812V2 / 960
Sep 22, 2013 at 3:54 AM Post #61 of 482
I've had stuff from HK post come after 60 days lol. I doubt that the seller will give you a refund unless you paid via paypal. I personally wouldn't ask for a refund until 45 days, the limit of the protection. 

It's bigbargainsonline , dealt with them before, there won't be any problems, if it was another seller there might be concerns. All under control. :wink:

Sep 22, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #63 of 482
Should have paid a bit more for EMS. It's only around $10-20 more.

You know once the conversation rate was done the player came to around $267 AUD, (including shipping) it looks nice and cheap in the listing at $218 + $20  but once you check out Paypals conversation rate hits and  price goes through the roof because our AUD dollar is so weak at the moment, I really didn't want to pay anymore on something I was already taking a gamble with and was prepared to wait. Then consider every other item I've purchased from this seller arrived in roughly 10 days (ie. my CK4) I really saw no need to get EMS. It's the new regulations Lin, (checking for batteries) they have slowed everything up, nothing has ever happened like this before, and I can see it causing problems for many future purchases this is different to when I ordered my CK4 or other gear that had batteries, apparently they're really cracking down. I have over 560 sales on eBay at 100% feedback,, everything is well under control my friend. 

Sep 22, 2013 at 5:02 AM Post #64 of 482

You know once the conversation rate was done the player came to around $267 AUD, (including shipping) it looks nice and cheap in the listing at $218 + $20  but once you check out Paypals conversation rate hits and  price goes through the roof because our AUD dollar is so weak at the moment, I really didn't want to pay anymore on something I was already taking a gamble with and was prepared to wait. Then consider every other item I've purchased from this seller arrived in roughly 10 days (ie. my CK4) I really saw no need to get EMS. It's the new regulations Lin, (checking for batteries) they have slowed everything up, nothing has ever happened like this before, and I can see it causing problems for many future purchases this is different to when I ordered my CK4 or other gear that had batteries, apparently they're really cracking down. I have over 560 sales on eBay at 100% feedback,, everything is well under control my friend. 

Indeed. I've never been told about the battery rule. It must be quite new.
You have the DX50 to play with for the meantime anyway. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 28, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #65 of 482
Update

I feel like this thread has turned more into discuss H20's missing player, but none the less here's an update.

After 26 days waiting, I finally found out today my item has just left Hong Kong airport, it appears my IHIFI 760's been sitting at customs in Hong Kong for almost one month, all this due to the new battery checking dilemma. That's right, not 26 days and I have the player, 26 days has just left for it's destination.

So the IHIFI 760 thread will continue with impressions. However, I must say my taste and enthusiasm for 760 has very much subsided. The amount of msging and dead end repeated answers bigbargainsonline gave me during weeks of back and forth have very much soured my taste on them as a seller also.

Sep 28, 2013 at 7:21 AM Post #66 of 482
Well, stuff like that happens occasionally with Hong Kong and China Post. It doesn't even necessary have to be related to the battery. Just occasionally some packages get stuck in a limbo. People often think that these 30 days and more delivery times are because the Asian post offices are slow because their airmail is slow but it's usually the dispatch times that slow the whole process and after the item is actually dispatched it usually takes less than a week to arrive. 
I still remember the fiasco with me pre-ordering the Vsonic VC02 just to get it first. I'd totally given up on receiving it and suddenly it arrived - I checked the dispatch info and it actually took them 50 days to dispatch the package and it arrived 3 days later and IMO someone at the post office there was probably writing a review on my vc02 and took his sweet time to make it as the iem's package was pretty torn up. That's not an issue with the seller though as his involvement with the package ends when he sends you the tracking number, which is usually within 2 days with the good sellers - after that the package's faith is in the hands of the post office clerks.

Sep 28, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #67 of 482
Yep, these things do happen, and I don't like it when they happen to me. 
smile.gif

I am coming to terms with the situation, slowly. 

Sep 28, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #68 of 482
Ah, bummer H20! I generally get stressed out to varying degrees when ordering from china/hongkong via ebay. But your experience takes the cake sadly. At least you now know where they are.

Sep 30, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #69 of 482
Finally.

It's been a laugh, 760's a touch warm but with far above average detailing levels, soundstage is wider than I expected, thick creamy vocals, impressive bass presence  (slightly loose) and instrument separation is done nicely. One of my albums started playing then all these weird noises came through my IEMs like aliens were landing, fully spazzed out ending with a constant buzzing noise which made me pull the headphone jack and do reset it. (was only one album so far, might be tag related), fairly noticeable imbalance at lowest of volumes, could be an issue.  Balance seemed a bit off (off center) but as we're aware there is a balance control located on top which I proceeded to turn and turn......and turn with nothing happening, after feeling like I drilled down to China I began correcting the imbalance so it's not very sensitive and needs a few good spins to take effect, does work though and a good thing really because you can make tiny adjustments. 

No hiss present with low impedance IEMs. Doesn't pair well with my new RDB+ v1 Mini on quick five minute listen (will test more) treble however was nice. T-Peos H-200 however sound decent, solid bass impact, nice and full/thick creamy low end, detailed mid range, extended vocals and impressive soundstage making H-200 sound spacious from left to right. Tried Sony MDR-V6, very impressive with full size headphone, lots of driving power for the 60ohm Sony.

Heavy, (I mean real heavy) UI seems smooth for whats there, reminds me of navigating a game boy. Very basic play by folder or "all music", will look more into menu options. 

Will spend more time. Now drink Coffee.

Sep 30, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #71 of 482
  Compared to DX50? 

Well my main fullsize headphone I love (MDR-V6) sounds much better on IHIFI 760 than what DX50 offered. The detailing on this unit with that pairing is superior to what DX50 serves up, it's well detailed (micro detail and extension) also rather powerful/engaging to listen too. The bass impact isn't overwhelming, but there's solid thump and texture, accompanied with deep rumble and presence which can get up and go when you lift the volume levels, similar can be said where detail is concerned with vocals in the mid range, so plenty of power and driving force. I'm mighty impressed with the full size headphone session. I will need more time with IEM's.

One quick thing 760 has which DX50 doesn't, 760 will actually resume your session from where you left off.

Overall with the V6 pairing, it's worth it for that alone, you can call me impressed so far. 

Oct 1, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #72 of 482
A resume feature.

Oct 1, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #74 of 482
One quick thing it has which DX50 doesn't, the 760 will actually resume your session from where you left off!

Big deal. My C3 does that as well (once I manually and painstakingly scroll through my library and find the appropriate folder, then song, and then fast forward to the appropriate spot in the song and then press "play" 
triportsad.gif
).

Seriously, that's good. And I'm actually a bit surprised that the DX50 doesn't support it.

Oct 1, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #75 of 482
After spending some more time with IHIFI 760 turns out to have not one resume feature but three!

That's right, whoever designed this player made certain you're not going to miss any of your last tracks. there's a feature called 'Resume Recollection' which remembers your last three shut downs and keeps the track/track duration stored allowing you to choose where to start again on boot up. There's also basic 'Resume Play' which resumes the most recent shut down.

(please excuse the shoddy pics and scratches, my cameras night sensor can be seen on the screen and I haven't removed the factory screen protector)

First you select this menu.

Which takes you to the pic below into resume central where IHIFI 760 has saved the last three shut downs keeping the duration and track.

From here you select which track you want and resume the session of your choice where you left off.

I think that's a pretty cool feature, especially considering players like Colorfly C3, Hisound Studio V, Rocco BA (from external) don't even have a resume (and DX50 when this was written) So we have all these players with no resume feature and this one supports three! there's also some basic EQ presets and some other nifty enhancements in a section called MSEQ, where you can find LEQ, BASS, 3D. But of course we know the 760 should (and does to me) sound best set flat.

Also appears 760's adapted Colorfly C3 file sorting by time/date, which is a bummer, but nothing new to a C3 owner.

I still can't get past the Sony MDR-V6 pairing, also rather nice with ER4S but I keep going back to the full size headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back