iGrado - Is this for real?
Jul 20, 2006 at 7:54 PM Post #61 of 346
Man all this ridicule.

No one has even seen these things in more than one picture. How cheap can they possibly look? They don't look extremely cheap to me. I think they look quite nice for $50... definitely look less cheap than the equally priced PortaPro. They don't look any more or less cheap than the PX100 or PX200s either.

The name is rather annoying... but we're not the demographic these things are shooting for. Throw these headphones into a display with a bunch of other white iPod accessories and they won't look out of place at all...

I say ROCK ON with your blandly named non-hair-messing-up SR60 driver housed iGrado headphones for $50!

Jul 20, 2006 at 7:56 PM Post #62 of 346
My respect for Grado is about to go out the window... Soon there will be iBeyers and iAudioTechnicas too! Such a lame name... and such a horribly designed (from the aesthetic point of view) product.

(And this is coming from someone who likes the Grado look)

edit: The reasons why the iGrado looks cheap
1) Shiny plastic = instant lame
2) Grille looks horrible

Jul 20, 2006 at 7:59 PM Post #63 of 346
This confirms my theory.

They've got a trained monkey or caveman in the back and they just throw soup cans and bits of plastic at him and see what he comes up with.

John - "Time to do some design work Ruprecht."

Ruprecht - "Me Hungy..."

John - "Work first, there will be time for food later!"

Ruprecht - "Make Gwado! John be happy, you see..."

Jul 20, 2006 at 8:00 PM Post #64 of 346
wow... looks like a cheap toy. And who in the WORLD came up w/ that name????

Jul 20, 2006 at 8:02 PM Post #65 of 346
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
This confirms my theory.

They've got a trained monkey or caveman in the back and they just throw soup cans and bits of plastic at him and see what he comes up with.

John - "Time to do some design work Ruprecht."

Ruprecht - "Me Hungy..."

John - "Work first, there will be time for food later!"

Ruprecht - "Make Gwado! John be happy, you see..."

I frigging love that you named him Ruprecht!

Jul 20, 2006 at 8:03 PM Post #66 of 346
once again i am humbled to speak no more on dissing others.

i tried to be clever by typing in "worst headphone" in google images and find a can worse looking than these...

http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...ne&sa=N&tab=wi

see what i found? a pic of my old turntable in the first row. what gives? that's not even a can!
frown.gif

Jul 20, 2006 at 8:04 PM Post #67 of 346
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sodacose
it's going to look like some kind of steve-jobsian mind-control device: like the bald guy on lando calrisian's planet (help me out here fellow dorks).

Dork to the rescue: His name is Lobot

Jul 20, 2006 at 8:07 PM Post #69 of 346
Assuming this is legit:

1) I agree that the white ones are ugly. The black ones look good to me. That is certainly not a flattering picture though.

2) John Grado is a good businessman, and he knows what he is doing. If the 'iGrado' thing sticks, it is a spectacular business move, regardless of what us headphone snobs think. The iPOD angle is also why they come in white as well (obviously). *cough* K701s *cough*

3) My educated guess is that those are hinges, that will allow the headphones to be worn either 'Streetstyle', OR traditionally.

4) As far as the iPOD market and accessories are concerned, I can almost guarantee that they will TROUNCE all other 'iPOD' advertised headphones in that price range (especially if the SR-60 drivers are used).

5) WARNING: cliche usage ahead!
Mamma told me you can't judge a book by its cover.

6) Without an official announcement, we can't assume that that picture is what the final released product will look like.

Of corse we are all just talking out of our as*es until an official announcement is made.

Jul 20, 2006 at 8:09 PM Post #70 of 346
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
I frigging love that you named him Ruprecht!

as long as he doesn't Fork himself again!
ruprecht.jpg

Jul 20, 2006 at 8:12 PM Post #71 of 346
LOL, I love that movie and it is of course where the 'Grado Monster' got it's name. It was either that or Chunk.
biggrin.gif

Jul 20, 2006 at 8:12 PM Post #72 of 346
Quote:

Originally Posted by aufeuer
Dork to the rescue: His name is Lobot

who, as previously mentioned, likes to wear his Jenklin Floats done Streetstyle.
lobot.jpg

Jul 20, 2006 at 8:12 PM Post #73 of 346
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundboy
Disappointed and underwhelmed

Bring back the SR40!!

Only if it doesn't SOUND like the SR40...

Jul 20, 2006 at 8:14 PM Post #74 of 346
Sweet god these are f'in ugly. We waited all this time and this is what they "developed"?
Chalk up another member of team-dissapointed.

Jul 20, 2006 at 8:15 PM Post #75 of 346
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
who, as previously mentioned, likes to wear his Jenklin Floats done Streetstyle.

nonono, those are iFloats... get is straight!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back