Jul 20, 2006 at 5:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 346

Nospam

500+ Head-Fier
Jul 20, 2006 at 5:50 PM Post #2 of 346
could this be the streetstyle?
blink.gif
is it really gonna be called iGrado? it sounds gay

Jul 20, 2006 at 5:50 PM Post #3 of 346
I'll be damned. Ladies and Gentlemen, I'll bet that's the final design of the Streetstyle.

igrado.jpg

I'll be buying these for sure. That is really slick design.

Now, the irony of the article is this: the SR40 did in fact use the SR60 driver. They got that bit wrong. Grado will be using the SR60 driver in these though. As a former SR40 owner, I can attest that the problem with the SR40 was that a driver that wanted "open" was too closed in.

Jul 20, 2006 at 6:01 PM Post #10 of 346
Uhh..

Is it just me, or does Grado seem to be releasing uglier and uglier cans as time progresses?

HP-1000 => RS-1/RS-2 => SRxxx => GS-1000 => Streetstyles?

frown.gif

It could sound like a bowl of awesome, but it'd fail with mainstream iPod owners because it looks like a bowl of turds. Even <$5 headphones on eBay look better than that, come on!. The SRxxx had that retro feel, I guess, but the streetstyles just look extremely cheap, like a pair of airplane or toy headphones.

Tell me again why I would want to buy the streetstyles instead of the SR-60s? The SR-60s are only ~$10 more??

Jul 20, 2006 at 6:02 PM Post #11 of 346
Honestly, if that is in fact the Grado Streetstyle, i'm more than a bit disappointed that they didn't announce it here first.

I mean, with all the waiting & hoopla over these things here on Head-Fi (>two years now since we saw that prototype at Grado labs??), as well as all the support we've given Grado, I would have though we'd hear about it first *shrug*
confused.gif
. Anyone who won a pair at the National meet hear from Grado yet?

Btw, it looks a bit bulky to me. The prototype was smaller (if not as polished) and supposedly used a new (not SR60) driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back