iGrado - Is this for real?
Jul 24, 2006 at 5:32 PM Post #331 of 346
My HF-1 would run that thing out of the house....

big-dogs.gif

Jul 24, 2006 at 6:55 PM Post #333 of 346
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
[size=small]BOOYAKASHA![/size]

Fightin' words, I like it.

"And Today we talk about Respek"

Jul 24, 2006 at 9:21 PM Post #334 of 346
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattg3
I wonder if the hinge allows them to be used over the head since Im not a big fan of that band around the back of head.

My guess is the behind-the-head headband rests on the top of the ear where it meets the skull, then the hinge allows one to adjust the positioning of the driver over one's ear.

As for the looks, yeah...I'm not too thrilled either. For the most part I've been a pretty harsh critic of all Grado designs. None the less I got some HF-1's and I wear them at work, they're not that bad in person despite the fact that they're not very sexy.

Someone needs to take some lessons from Audio Technica when it comes to headphone style...the AudioCubes.com inventory should be a 'Headphone Design 101' textbook, with Stax being the 'what not to do' section
biggrin.gif

--Illah

Jul 24, 2006 at 9:44 PM Post #335 of 346
Quote:

Originally Posted by Illah
My guess is the behind-the-head headband rests on the top of the ear where it meets the skull, then the hinge allows one to adjust the positioning of the driver over one's ear.

As for the looks, yeah...I'm not too thrilled either. For the most part I've been a pretty harsh critic of all Grado designs. None the less I got some HF-1's and I wear them at work, they're not that bad in person despite the fact that they're not very sexy.

Someone needs to take some lessons from Audio Technica when it comes to headphone style...the AudioCubes.com inventory should be a 'Headphone Design 101' textbook, with Stax being the 'what not to do' section
biggrin.gif

--Illah

Hey hey, the Omega II looks just fine.
tongue.gif

Jul 24, 2006 at 11:07 PM Post #336 of 346
Quote:

Originally Posted by Illah

biggrin.gif

--Illah

lol, the Stax I agree on except the omega II. I also disagree somewhat on the Grados. The retro classic styling isn't THAT bad. (I actually like it quite a bit, might need some tweaking, but it is fine as it is)

Jul 26, 2006 at 3:39 AM Post #339 of 346
igrado.jpg

"argh my eyes...da goggles, dey do nothsing"

Jul 26, 2006 at 3:52 AM Post #340 of 346
you know it's sorta silly to be vain about the looks of a portable headphone rig but...CMON! Am I really going to plug an iGrado into this sweet baby?
IMG_0097.JPG

Jul 26, 2006 at 6:11 AM Post #343 of 346
Quote:

Originally Posted by xxlMusikfreak
Bling Bling phones
image.php

yo yo yo!

No, seriously, I really think we're all overreacting here. That's an absolutely terrible photo and there's no way of knowing at all how they'll look and feel in real life. Who knows, maybe we'll all end up liking them. Only problem I can see is the price tag, which is the only thing I can see that isn't aimed at the mass market and will surely turn away quite a few Joe Consumer heads.

I'm reserving my judgements until later when we get some real pics and impressions. As of right now, I don't know what to think at all.

Jul 26, 2006 at 1:26 PM Post #344 of 346
Terrible name, terrible look, lets hope if that truely is the street style that they'll sound ok. I'd be happier walking around with HF1's on.

Aug 2, 2006 at 5:06 AM Post #345 of 346
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
LOL - I also have a cable turtle with my K81's
biggrin.gif

I also had to get a Mini Cable Turtle for mine, though I went with orange (though I was looking for lime green after I saw that pic). They only had a few colors, including two different nasty shades of yellow. Orange looked the best. I'll have to go back in a month or so and see if they have different colors in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back