iGrado: design analysis from an engineering student
Sep 7, 2006 at 7:55 AM Post #92 of 95
Todd said on this sponsor forum that they are going to ship early next week for the preorders. Too bad I didn't preorder because I donot have the funds at the moment
mad.gif
(blew it on my Grado #6
tongue.gif
)

Sep 7, 2006 at 5:53 PM Post #93 of 95
This whole debate about iGrados seems kinda funny to me. It's not like iGrado has to sell millions and millions of headphones immediately. I'm sure no one in Grado Company even expects the iGrado to conquer the world. It is merely a portable phone for people who appreciate the "Grado sound" and are looking for something a little more handy than the SR-60.

While there are lots and lots of people who fail to see the differences between 20$ headphone and a 200$ headphone, there are also plenty of people who are willing to spend something like 100$ to their phones and probably less for portable phones. These people will probably never buy "high-end gear" and are not interested in differences between GS-1000 and RS-1 since they are both just out of their league. I think the iGrado is aiming at this market segment. Among other competitors in the same market are Koss and Sennheiser with their PortaPro and PX100-phones.

Okay, so the iGrado isn't the most beautiful headphone in the world. Fortunately we've only seen one picture and I hope that it turns out to be a bit more classy in the real world. But iGrado doesn't have to appeal to everyone. It only has to look better than say for example Koss Porta Pro. And that's one ugly looking can.
tongue.gif

P.S. Personally I think there's nothing wrong with the way SR-60's look and I would gladly wear them in public if they didn't leak so damn much. I mean who could resist that charm of the 70's? They would even go great with my Converse All Stars.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 7, 2006 at 6:50 PM Post #94 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek
frown.gif

I still use Comic Sans MS...

+1 Too funny!!! Perhaps it's because I like comic books?
wink.gif

Sep 7, 2006 at 6:54 PM Post #95 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4metta
+1 Too funny!!! Perhaps it's because I like comic books?
wink.gif

...you've spent some time on the Rooster Teeth forums, haven't you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back