iGrado: design analysis from an engineering student
Sep 5, 2006 at 10:57 PM Post #76 of 95
hehe...well maybe Grado should just market them as EXXTREME-fidelity headphones! With, erm...integrated audio balancing sound signature....?

biggrin.gif

Sep 6, 2006 at 1:01 AM Post #78 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by noseallinit
you can keep your old stretched out, heat effected, goober grabbing store bought cassettes played on your AIWA

It definitely sounds like you were addressing me at certain points during your post, but it doesn't seem like we're on the same wavelength at all. I don't have time to try to respond to what may or may not have been addressed to me or to what I was actually saying. I will say, for the record, that I want an iPod. I won't, however, be listening to mine with earbuds or the iGrado. And I'll be looking straight down my nose at anyone who does, with every ounce of hate I can muster. Seriously. No, really, I'm serious. Rage and hate.

Sep 6, 2006 at 1:18 AM Post #79 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator
It definitely sounds like you were addressing me at certain points during your post, but it doesn't seem like we're on the same wavelength at all. I don't have time to try to respond to what may or may not have been addressed to me or to what I was actually saying. I will say, for the record, that I want an iPod. I won't, however, be listening to mine with earbuds or the iGrado. And I'll be looking straight down my nose at anyone who does, with every ounce of hate I can muster. Seriously. No, really, I'm serious. Rage and hate.

You'll hate people who use the iGrado just because you think it's ugly?

Sep 6, 2006 at 1:37 AM Post #80 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meyvn
You'll hate people who use the iGrado just because you think it's ugly?

That was dry, black sarcasm. A response to some posters seeming to think that I genuinely have some kind of deep-seated issue with people who use earbuds/iPods/iGrados, which I think is pretty silly. Sorry for the confusion. All I have is love for Head-Fi. Love and sometimes sarcasm.

Sep 6, 2006 at 3:00 PM Post #83 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150

The big unknown however is just how strong the "i-name" gimick will be. If John could break out and sell the cans at the apple store... THAT would be a gold mine IMHO.

Seems to me that there are lots of really cool progressive folks up near or at the top of Apple who just may have "heard" of Grado(!) and could understand the potential benifit of the joining of the names.

Yeah; just maybe!

Sep 6, 2006 at 6:45 PM Post #84 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5
Seems to me that there are lots of really cool progressive folks up near or at the top of Apple who just may have "heard" of Grado(!) and could understand the potential benifit of the joining of the names.

Yeah; just maybe!

Well, both companies believe in price-controlled marketing policies that prevent retailers from giving consumers a good deal, so they have something in common: They both care about maintining profit margins throughout the distribution chain more than they care about what's good for their customers.

Sep 7, 2006 at 4:37 AM Post #86 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by carlosgp
Comic Sans font is uglier than iGrados...

LMAO. This is the single most self evident, truthful bit of knowledge in this thread!

Sep 7, 2006 at 5:23 AM Post #87 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator
That was dry, black sarcasm. A response to some posters seeming to think that I genuinely have some kind of deep-seated issue with people who use earbuds/iPods/iGrados, which I think is pretty silly. Sorry for the confusion. All I have is love for Head-Fi. Love and sometimes sarcasm.

Haha, it's cool. I imagine if you'd said it in person, I would've picked up on it; text is always just a bit more difficult to decipher, especially given the 'Actually, I do think I'm better than...'.

Sep 7, 2006 at 5:24 AM Post #88 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by creyc
LMAO. This is the single most self evident, truthful bit of knowledge in this thread!

shut up. I used Comic Sans in eighth grade.

...excuse me while I cry in a corner.

Sep 7, 2006 at 5:32 AM Post #89 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meyvn
shut up. I used Comic Sans in eighth grade.

...excuse me while I cry in a corner.

I think you meant to say...

"... excuse me while I cry in a corner."

Sep 7, 2006 at 6:21 AM Post #90 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by carlosgp
Comic Sans font is uglier than iGrados...

frown.gif

I still use Comic Sans MS as my default AIM font...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back