Ignorant fool needs advice
Nov 6, 2001 at 6:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Destructobot

New Head-Fier
I just bought a couple synthsizer boxes (korg electribes, if anyone cares) and built myself a battery pack so I can use them in a bomb shelter, on the surface of the moon , at the south pole, etc....However, I don't own any headphones, and I'd have to string together way too many d-cells and transformers to get the 120 vac my stereo wants. Anyway, I have $65 to spend on a pair of headphones. I need something that: can withstand being carried around in a backpack, is sensitive enough for portable sources, won't make my head hurt, doesn't broadcast my inane noise to passersby, and will make me smile when listening to a wide range of tunes on my Marantz 2252b. I like everything I read about the Grado SR-60's (even the styling) but just can't stand to have the sound going out to everyone around me. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time, space cadets.

Nov 6, 2001 at 6:28 AM Post #3 of 7
yup, definitely a sony v6 job.

Nov 6, 2001 at 3:09 PM Post #5 of 7
Thanks for the advice. The v6's are where my research has led me as well, so I guess that makes them the winner.

Does anyone know where I can order the Beyerdynamic pads that so many people reccomend for the v6's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back