iFrogz Ear Pollution Noise Isolating Earbuds..or..dun dun dun..Skullcandy?..
Jul 13, 2008 at 8:47 AM Post #31 of 38
Well my thing is, I would hate for someone to buy some based on what I say and then they end up hating them. I saw that post because every once in a while I do a search to see if anyone said anything about them yet. The 2 reasons I got them was because I thought if the cheap buds my friend got me sounded decent, that maybe their more pricey ones would sound like more expensive ones. They sound great with electronic music and Classic rock, but not so much with the heavier more modern stuff like Foo Fighters. So all I can say is they have the seperation to make me say "wow I never heard that before". Im sure they have some soundstage because the electronic music is all over the place and live accoustic recordings have a pretty real sound. Like I said before, it has a lot of bass and I think thats the point of the 11mm driver isn it? At first its way too much but they dont take long to get loosened up, I even ran some pink noise through mine hoping it would help and I think it did.

I had to get a repair replaced after a month but I think thats mostly because Im so clumsy and I was always pushing the cord back behind the ipod to get it out of the way at work. They ask for just the plug back and thats where the dammage was at so I have another pair that just needs a new jack now
smily_headphones1.gif
I wanted to put an angled jack on the first pair and save the new pair but I was too slow and I couldnt wait. I might still do it though. I use a rubberband for cable management now so hopefully this pair last longer. I thought of sending the spair to someone on the forum to evaluate but Im afraid of what they would say and these are the buds that I chose to last me for a long time because I never had money and I had to choose carefully.

They have a lifetime waranty where they will replace them for free if its their fault, or for half off if you broke them. And because ear buds break on me so much, that was one of my big reasons to pick them. I'm not a pothead and I work realllly hard actually. I work up a sweat every day at work and it collects on the little metal mesh screen inside so I remove the rubber fittings and wipe them off every once in a while.

Btw I really like JVC air cushions and I feel a lot safer recommending those. I had them just before I got the FMJ 11MMs but one poped open when it fell to the ground. I didn't have them long. I just have really bad luck with headphones.
smily_headphones1.gif
Usually the wires break inside on me.

Oops sorry that went on a little long. I think thats about it. Just ask I guess.

Jul 15, 2008 at 6:24 AM Post #32 of 38
Yeah. I mean, I have a pair of Brookstone Surround Sound earbuds/w earhooks, and they have damn good sound. The only bad thing is I can't find anything on their specs, and they're not an IEM.

Jul 15, 2008 at 7:48 AM Post #33 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by yeahx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had to get a repair replaced after a month but I think thats mostly because Im so clumsy and I was always pushing the cord back behind the ipod to get it out of the way at work. They ask for just the plug back and thats where the dammage was at so I have another pair that just needs a new jack now
smily_headphones1.gif
I wanted to put an angled jack on the first pair and save the new pair but I was too slow and I couldnt wait. I might still do it though. I use a rubberband for cable management now so hopefully this pair last longer. I thought of sending the spair to someone on the forum to evaluate but Im afraid of what they would say and these are the buds that I chose to last me for a long time because I never had money and I had to choose carefully.

They have a lifetime waranty where they will replace them for free if its their fault, or for half off if you broke them.

How exactly does their warranty work? What's covered by it? When I first bought them I went to their website and registered the product.

Do they cover things like cables breaking? I know I've had headphones in the past that had one side die over time or the cord gets damaged by the plug.

Jul 19, 2008 at 10:02 PM Post #34 of 38
that inernal dammage to one side is kind of what happened to me. I guess they cover things that seem to be more of a munufacturing error and not missuse. But if you do dammage them from missuse you still get the half off of a replacement pair forever.

Jul 20, 2008 at 1:15 AM Post #35 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by yeahx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that inernal dammage to one side is kind of what happened to me. I guess they cover things that seem to be more of a munufacturing error and not missuse. But if you do dammage them from missuse you still get the half off of a replacement pair forever.

That's awesome. I would think that internal damage that kills earphones over time would be a manufacturing thing. Or even damage to the plug since they went with a straight plug instead of a right angle plug. But still, half off a replacement pair isn't bad.

And Ryan, did you ever decide on headphones? All these threads. What's up?

Jul 20, 2008 at 4:09 AM Post #36 of 38
Nick, about 99% of me has decided on the J Labs JBuds Hi-Fi Noise Reducing Earphones. The only problem with this, is that not one person on this fourm has responded to my questions about them--All I'm pretty much looking for is someone who's used them before, and could tell me if they're worth getting. They seem like they are. But I've heard several stories on how sometimes one earbud would sound louder than the other, or the left speaker would die. Are these made of poor quality like the V-Moda's?...I plan to order directly from JLab Audio's site, so.

Jul 20, 2008 at 4:17 AM Post #37 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan41488 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nick, about 99% of me has decided on the J Labs JBuds Hi-Fi Noise Reducing Earphones. The only problem with this, is that not one person on this fourm has responded to my questions about them--All I'm pretty much looking for is someone who's used them before, and could tell me if they're worth getting. They seem like they are. But I've heard several stories on how sometimes one earbud would sound louder than the other, or the left speaker would die. Are these made of poor quality like the V-Moda's?...I plan to order directly from JLab Audio's site, so.

How much are they and what's the warranty? If they have a good replacement warranty I'd consider them. Like Skullcandy has a full replacement if they break b/c manufacturing or half off new ones if it's your fault(see above). If the Jbuds have that, it may be worth it.

IDK, I'd still go with the Skullcandys. I'm happy with the sound as well as the warranty. Even the ear seals are good. Another poster uses seals from the ink'd buds on a Crossroads X3.

Jul 20, 2008 at 5:40 PM Post #38 of 38
Here you go Nick: "JBuds are the perfect companion for your iPod or portable media player, combining sleek design, premium sound quality, noise cancellation, and maximum comfort. The soft silicone earbuds fit perfectly inside your ears, allowing you to comfortably enjoy your music non-stop while blocking outside noise. The new JBuds give you a high-intensity listening experience with crisp, clear sound and powerful bass.

Includes 3 pairs of silicone earbud tips in small, medium, and large to assure the perfect fit!

Specifications:
Colors: White, Black, or Pink
Magnet: 10mm Japanese cobalt magnet
Impedance: 16 ohm +/- 10%
Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
Sensitivity: 102dB
Power Handling Capacity: 60mw

Specifications subject to change without notice. JBuds do not work with iPhone or iTouch. 1-year limited warranty. Patent pending. © 2006 JLab Audio, Inc. All rights reserved. Designed by JLab Audio, Inc. in the USA."

They do work with Ipod's though^, I know may people don't care about specs, but would those seem to have a better SQ and freq range then the skullcandy stuff, since they're Hi-Fi?..or..does Hi-Fi not matter with things.

And, my last choice was gonna be the Zune Premium Sound Headphones (they're actually IEM's, but I can't find any specs on them).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back