iFrogz Ear Pollution Noise Isolating Earbuds..or..dun dun dun..Skullcandy?..
Jul 9, 2008 at 8:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

Ryan41488

Head-Fier
I know SC isn't liked on this board, but awhile back due to my current broke college student budget, someone suggested I get iFrogz. I dunno if they're any better then Skullcany's FMJ's, or Titans, but I'd like to hear your thoughts. Personally, I've never heard of iFrogz, until I looked them up, and found a review on here: ifrogz Earpollution D-33 Noise Isolating Ear Buds | iLounge

Jul 9, 2008 at 9:12 PM Post #2 of 38
Nasty, they look like they use the same generic casing as the Head-Direct RE1 and RE, and Sony Ericsson phones (the ones that come with their cellphones). Get the JVC Marshmallows or Air Cushions, which should be in a similar price range.

Jul 9, 2008 at 9:25 PM Post #4 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan41488 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was looking into the Air Cushion's, but I heard they're a lil powerful on bass.

Well, so are skullcandy, and probably the ifrogs as well. i would go with the air cushions or the marshmallows if you want some isolation, but go with the koss ksc-35 (can be had for less then $20 off amazon) if you want good sounding on-ear clip ons

Jul 9, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #6 of 38
Yeah, I had forgotten about that. Sorry. It'd be nice if the mods could possibly make a feature for users to close threads they make themselves?..Unless, their is one, and I can't find it.

Jul 9, 2008 at 9:44 PM Post #7 of 38
Definately Skullcandy. Get the SkullCandy Ink'd buds. They're about $20 at most electronics/big box stores. Or you can get them for around $9 on sale at FYE(at most malls).

I've never heard of or use the ifrogz. But I have used the Skullcandy Ink'd and for the price they're not bad. They're not high-end IEMs, but for a broke college student they're great.

Jul 9, 2008 at 9:56 PM Post #8 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickdawg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definately Skullcandy. Get the SkullCandy Ink'd buds. They're about $20 at most electronics/big box stores. Or you can get them for around $9 on sale at FYE(at most malls).

I've never heard of or use the ifrogz. But I have used the Skullcandy Ink'd and for the price they're not bad. They're not high-end IEMs, but for a broke college student they're great.

I would NEVER say 'definitely' for Skullcandy products, unless you meant 'definitely NO'. JVC Marshmallows can be had for a similar price, or less, at most electronics stores.

Jul 9, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #10 of 38
I really like the case that comes with it.
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #11 of 38
Why would people want to sell fake Senn CX-300's anyway?..I do like them, and would get them, just as long as the bass wasn't out of control. But, depending on the music I listen to, would it matter about the bass or no?

Jul 9, 2008 at 10:55 PM Post #12 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan41488 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why would people want to sell fake Senn CX-300's anyway?

Because there's a demand for them from the general public (due to Sennheiser marketing) and people want things cheap and since most people can't tell the difference...

Quote:

..I do like them, and would get them, just as long as the bass wasn't out of control. But, depending on the music I listen to, would it matter about the bass or no?

Well, what music do you lsiten to?

Jul 9, 2008 at 11:29 PM Post #13 of 38
Rock and Country. I listen to bands like Alter Bridge, Chevelle, Cold, Evanescence, Staind, etc. And as far as rap/r&b/hip hop..I only have two Akon songs, 1 song by Elliot Yamin, 2 songs by Fort Minor, 1 song by Brian McKnight. And that's pretty much it for that catagory.

Jul 10, 2008 at 5:37 AM Post #14 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by robojack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would NEVER say 'definitely' for Skullcandy products, unless you meant 'definitely NO'. JVC Marshmallows can be had for a similar price, or less, at most electronics stores.

If you're looking for an inexpensive, low end IEM, I do recommend Skullcandy. For around $9(at FYE) they are a steal. And for that price the sound isn't bad. About on the level of the JVCs.

It depends what you want. If you want sillicone ear tips, go with the Skullcandys. If you want foam ear tips, go with the JVC marshmellows.

Personally, I prefer the sillicone ones.

Jul 10, 2008 at 6:08 AM Post #15 of 38
I was looking into FMJ's or Titans. But, I seem to be interested in the Radius as well..The only thing I can't figure out is the difference between the Radius Atomic Bass earphones, and then the Radius Tru-Tune Ultra-light Aluminum earphones. They're made in Japan, but idk. Anywhore, Nick, in your opinion..And, since you've given me a lot of advice man...FMJ's, or Titan's?...Not sure which of the two isolates noise better though, or has better sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back