iFrogz Ear Pollution Noise Isolating Earbuds..or..dun dun dun..Skullcandy?..
Jul 10, 2008 at 6:20 AM Post #16 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan41488 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was looking into FMJ's or Titans. But, I seem to be interested in the Radius as well..The only thing I can't figure out is the difference between the Radius Atomic Bass earphones, and then the Radius Tru-Tune Ultra-light Aluminum earphones. They're made in Japan, but idk. Anywhore, Nick, in your opinion..And, since you've given me a lot of advice man...FMJ's, or Titan's?...Not sure which of the two isolates noise better though, or has better sound quality.

Never heard of the Radius before. I would assume the Atomic Bass would have more bass. Although it may be a bloated bass.

As for the Skullcandys, I have to look them over. I'll make another post sometime soon.

Jul 10, 2008 at 6:46 AM Post #18 of 38
Skullcandy Titan

6219-707444-d.jpg

Skullcandy FMJ

Skullcandy_SCFMJblue_300x250_s.jpg

Skullcandy Ink'd

SC-INKDBK_1.jpg

All three models have the same 11mm driver in common as well as the same sillicone ear gels. Frequency range is about the same as well(20Hz - 20kHz). The Titans say they come with comply foam tips.

11efaf9a6da6c527e0ef0fa5a5c9050b.image.320x320.jpg

(yes, those are little skull logos stamped on the sillicone ear gels)

There is a difference in the prices. The FMJ and Titans are in the $40 range. The ink'd buds are about $20(or $9 on sale at FYE). The driver case on the Ink'd buds is plastic. The FMJs and Titans are metal.

Isolation should be the same since they use the same kind of ear gels across models.

The rest is up to you dude. It depends on how much you want to spend or which style you like better.

Jul 10, 2008 at 7:35 AM Post #19 of 38
Ty man. How good is the isolation on your pair?..not saying it's so good to like end up getting run over, but yeah..lol. And, this is an odd question..but..do you think maybe buying a set of Shure tips, or those Three flanged tips like the Ety's have might provide better isolation?..Just a thought..dunno if they'd fit though.

Jul 10, 2008 at 8:18 AM Post #20 of 38
The isolation is great. I can't hear anything else if I have both ears in and music on. My loud weed whacker is reduced to a soft buzzing noise.

IDK, I'd look both ways when crossing the street.
tongue.gif

The Shure olive foamies might fit, but I don't think the etys would. The drivers look different.
---------------------------------------
I read some reviews and the Titans come with one medium pair of sillicone gels and two pairs of the same size foam tips.

Jul 10, 2008 at 12:35 PM Post #21 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickdawg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The isolation is great. I can't hear anything else if I have both ears in and music on. My loud weed whacker is reduced to a soft buzzing noise.

IDK, I'd look both ways when crossing the street.
tongue.gif

The Shure olive foamies might fit, but I don't think the etys would. The drivers look different.
---------------------------------------
I read some reviews and the Titans come with one medium pair of sillicone gels and two pairs of the same size foam tips.

Great is a relative term. My girlfriend had a pair of Skullcandy's, and their isolation was nowhere as good the canalphones that came with my Sony Ericsson phone. IMO, if you're on a budget, you may still want to pay a little bit more to get the JVC Marshmallows (foam tips) or Air Cushions (silicon tips), and avoid Skullcandy's over-marketed junk.

Jul 10, 2008 at 7:51 PM Post #22 of 38
Air Cushions seem to be more bassy from what I've read. I need something that's balenced and not over powering to to the SQ. I saw the Sony Ericsson Stereo Portable Handsfree HPM-70 earphones on Amazon for less than 10 dollars. O.o..Are, these over powerful with bass, or no?..Not sure if they'd be good with my 80 gig Ipod though. But, back to the Skullcandy's...I know you're gonna shoot me for saying this..butttt..If I like the sound of Apples earbuds (the ones that come with the Ipod's, even though they suck at staying in)...Will I like the Skullcandy's?...

Jul 10, 2008 at 10:03 PM Post #23 of 38
What exactly do you like about them? If it's the fact they are loud and drown out background noise, that's not necessary with in-ear headphones. You'll be surprised with how much sound you can get with not as much volume on in ears.

They're all low end. They all sound about the same. I've used the JVC masrhmallow and Skullcandy and they both are an imporvement over the ibuds.

Jul 10, 2008 at 10:09 PM Post #24 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by robojack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great is a relative term. My girlfriend had a pair of Skullcandy's, and their isolation was nowhere as good the canalphones that came with my Sony Ericsson phone. IMO, if you're on a budget, you may still want to pay a little bit more to get the JVC Marshmallows (foam tips) or Air Cushions (silicon tips), and avoid Skullcandy's over-marketed junk.

I should have said great in the category of under $50 IEMs. I have the FX-33 and FX-34 Marshmallows as well as the Skullcandy Ink'd. I like the FX-33 but not the FX-34(different tips, shorter cord).

Personally, I'm biased towards the Skullcandys because I like the sillicone tips. The JVC Air Cushions are next on my list to try.

Jul 10, 2008 at 10:47 PM Post #25 of 38
I'm wondering if I should buy the pair of 59.99 Song MDREX85 earbuds..or..are they IEM's?...since they have three different sizes of tips. I've heard great things about them, I just dunno how well they'd stay in my ears. And well, as I've said before, I've only had one pair of IEM's from Sound Squared. They had 9mm drivers, and 20 - 20 Freq. But again, I've never tried the Sony's. I just dunno if their earbuds, or in-canal phones. I've heard they're better then the previous models though, this is this true?..or..is it just because of the problems with the housing.

Jul 11, 2008 at 2:21 AM Post #26 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan41488 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm wondering if I should buy the pair of 59.99 Song MDREX85 earbuds..or..are they IEM's?...since they have three different sizes of tips. I've heard great things about them, I just dunno how well they'd stay in my ears. And well, as I've said before, I've only had one pair of IEM's from Sound Squared. They had 9mm drivers, and 20 - 20 Freq. But again, I've never tried the Sony's. I just dunno if their earbuds, or in-canal phones. I've heard they're better then the previous models though, this is this true?..or..is it just because of the problems with the housing.

MDREX85LPB.jpg

They definately are IEMs(a good clue is they come with different sized ear pieces).

The only way to know whether or not they'll fit is to try them. Ears are different and its hard to judge fit, comfort and sound without trying them.

Is this the first time you've used IEMs? Were the Sound Squared in-ear or regualr earbuds(like ibuds)?

Jul 12, 2008 at 8:34 AM Post #28 of 38
I feel like I'm the only one on here who has FMJ 11mm. I was going to post my impressions but I dont think I qualify. I do like them though. I bought them more for their waranty and because the smokin buds were decent to me. I had instant buyers remorse when I ordered them because of this forum, but I really like their sound. The FMJ do have a lot of bass, too much at first until they loosin up a little. I get decent isolation with the medium set of tips but everyone is different.

Jul 12, 2008 at 9:04 PM Post #29 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by yeahx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel like I'm the only one on here who has FMJ 11mm. I was going to post my impressions but I dont think I qualify. I do like them though. I bought them more for their waranty and because the smokin buds were decent to me. I had instant buyers remorse when I ordered them because of this forum, but I really like their sound. The FMJ do have a lot of bass, too much at first until they loosin up a little. I get decent isolation with the medium set of tips but everyone is different.

Please do post your impressions. The Skullcandy brand gets an unfair amount of bashing here. A thread opened the other day where one poster called Skullcandy "retardphones" and "the users don't have jobs and smoke and drink all day". Absolutely nothing helpful in terms of sound quality.

I have the Ink'd buds and like them too. Glad to find another Skullcany fan.
biggrin.gif
:skullcandysmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back