iFi products Discussion Thread iTUBE will be out soon!!
Apr 28, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #106 of 355
You are too bad 
biggrin.gif
 You made people crying..haha

May 1, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #110 of 355
anyone have any experience with the ican driving grado's ??

May 1, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #111 of 355
Quote:
anyone have any experience with the ican driving grado's ??

Yup.  325is with G-Cush (sig) sound great.  I use Direct on the soundstage (with G-Cush you really don't need a wider soundstage) and one on bass normally and wide open when I want to have "fun".

May 1, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #112 of 355
Quote:
Yup.  325is with G-Cush (sig) sound great.  I use Direct on the soundstage (with G-Cush you really don't need a wider soundstage) and one on bass normally and wide open when I want to have "fun".

i've got 225i's and ms1's, i returned my fiio eo9k, looking to go a little more "upscale"
ican, asgard 2,
the bass boost and the 3D have me real interested

May 13, 2013 at 6:16 AM Post #114 of 355
I'm the new proud owner of an iCan so thought I'd just drop into the thread and share. I bought it because of the positive reviews etc.... but if I'm truthful I wasn't really expecting much for an amp costing so little. You can tend to get a lot of fan boy type feedback when something new comes out but I have to say I've been floored by this amp.

I have tried it with a lot of my phones including the HE-6 and it does an amazing job with all of them. I am listening without any of the enhancements at the moment with the LCD-2's and there is real synergy here. Only problem is, I am enjoying and feeling the musical sweet spot so easily that my sessions are getting longer and longer. You know what it's like when you connect with the music you become involved, part of it and it can be quite an experience, something you don't get all the time. I got this a few times with specific tubes on my WA6 with Beyer DT880's but since losing the WA6 I have struggled to fully connect, sure I like listening but when you connect it's special.

Amazing amp even without the enhancements and easily the best £225 I have ever spent on this hobby.

No affiliation at all but I got mine from Audiologica (Richard Santiago). Great price (delivered next day). He's a top bloke, even took time out to ring me and talk me through which amp would suit my needs best with my set up.

May 13, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #115 of 355
Hi,

Thanks to share that :)
Good to know how really nice amp it is.

I'm heading to get a dac for my ICan amp (with hd650).
At the moment I have a chance (maybe) to get an AudioQuest Dragonfly, or Nuforce UDH 100.
Any experience, or toughts?

Thanks for the advise.

May 13, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #116 of 355
I'm sorry, I don't.

I feed mine via an M-Dac at the moment. Any reason you didn't go for the iDac? I considered it and was going to use the M-Dac elsewhere but my source (Squeezebox Duet) doesn't have USB out.

May 13, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #117 of 355
Quote:
I'm the new proud owner of an iCan so thought I'd just drop into the thread and share. I bought it because of the positive reviews etc.... but if I'm truthful I wasn't really expecting much for an amp costing so little. You can tend to get a lot of fan boy type feedback when something new comes out but I have to say I've been floored by this amp.

I have tried it with a lot of my phones including the HE-6 and it does an amazing job with all of them. I am listening without any of the enhancements at the moment with the LCD-2's and there is real synergy here. Only problem is, I am enjoying and feeling the musical sweet spot so easily that my sessions are getting longer and longer. You know what it's like when you connect with the music you become involved, part of it and it can be quite an experience, something you don't get all the time. I got this a few times with specific tubes on my WA6 with Beyer DT880's but since losing the WA6 I have struggled to fully connect, sure I like listening but when you connect it's special.

Amazing amp even without the enhancements and easily the best £225 I have ever spent on this hobby.

No affiliation at all but I got mine from Audiologica (Richard Santiago). Great price (delivered next day). He's a top bloke, even took time out to ring me and talk me through which amp would suit my needs best with my set up.

Glad you are enjoying your new amp. It is definitely a bargain for the price, and the enhancements are icing on the cake.

May 14, 2013 at 4:02 AM Post #118 of 355
Hi Spudharris,

Thanks for the kind words - very much appreciated....we really are getting some astonishing feedback from our customers on the whole ifi range, they are embarrassingly good value!

May 15, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #120 of 355
Hello, I'm new here but have been lurking for about a year (my wallet hates this hobby). Anywho, I was wondering if I need to purchase separate RCA cables (and what kind?) to hook up my ipod via LOD? I'm expecting the iCan next week so I would like to be prepared. Thanks for any possible reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back