iFi: NOS6922 Valve/Tube upgrade set (new product announcement!)
Aug 24, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #61 of 81
The adapter used by IFI looks way nicer than that eBay one though and I would rather have one designed and implemented by a known company that has warranty support. Supposedly the IFI adapter has circuitry within it that lowers noise, I can't confirm if it makes a difference over the other adapters but it nice to know they did something extra with it. Also you are paying for them to test all the tubes and sort them into matched pairs which is a pain to do yourself.

On a different note I was thinking these tubes were brighter but wasn't sure if it was my imagination or not, thanks for confirming I am not going mad! They are particularly sparkly.
biggrin.gif

All great points, and why I decided to go the "premium" route.  They also come in a very nice box.  As someone used to getting tubes from eBay, I was pleasantly surprised by the packaging.

Going to roll them today after giving the CV4108s one more listen.  Sounds like they've already had a decent amount of burn-in.  Looking forward to some sparkle 
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 24, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #62 of 81
All great points, and why I decided to go the "premium" route.  They also come in a very nice box.  As someone used to getting tubes from eBay, I was pleasantly surprised by the packaging.

Going to roll them today after giving the CV4108s one more listen.  Sounds like they've already had a decent amount of burn-in.  Looking forward to some sparkle :)

Hopefully you will like them as much as me! 3 days in and sounding fab! Hopefully they will sound even better once they are installed in the Mjo2 I am getting next month :)

Aug 25, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #64 of 81
I can verify that they sound fantastic in the Mjolnir 2!

This is good news. I'm using the mjo2 as both a pre and direct amp at times. At times I have spend too much cash on NOS tubes. I"m hoping to get a similar and more affordable solution from these tubes. 

Nov 21, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #65 of 81
Just to confirm, a NOS6922 purchased pair comes with an adapter?

Nov 21, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #66 of 81
  Just to confirm, a NOS6922 purchased pair comes with an adapter?

Yes, however it's something that is permanently attached to the tubes. 

Nov 21, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #67 of 81
Apr 2, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #70 of 81
I'm liking these tubes a lot in my Mjolnir 2 . They've been in place around a month now.

They seem to be good value at $100/pair. Neutral signature. Pleasing midrange. Nice weight to the bass. Treble perhaps a bit too polite but it is difficult to know if that's the tubes or the rig in general. 

I've had the Gungnir MB + Mjolnir 2 around 6 weeks and so far I've only experimented with the LISST + Stock 6B7Z tubes but the iFi NOS 5670's are a step up from those for sure.

Apr 2, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #71 of 81
I'm liking these tubes a lot in my Mjolnir 2 . They've been in place around a month now.

They seem to be good value at $100/pair. Neutral signature. Pleasing midrange. Nice weight to the bass. Treble perhaps a bit too polite but it is difficult to know if that's the tubes or the rig in general. 

I've had the Gungnir MB + Mjolnir 2 around 6 weeks and so far I've only experimented with the LISST + Stock 6B7Z tubes but the iFi NOS 5670's are a step up from those for sure.

Thanks. Good to know.

The stock tubes are meh and I was initially underwhelmed by the Mjolnir 2 because of them. =)

I am using some Telefunken e88cc (non CCA) and I wonder if the ifi tubes are as good or better.

Apr 2, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #72 of 81
Thanks. Good to know.

The stock tubes are meh and I was initially underwhelmed by the Mjolnir 2 because of them. =)

I am using some Telefunken e88cc (non CCA) and I wonder if the ifi tubes are as good or better.

I'd be interested to find out how they compare to Telefunken E88CC's or any other well respected NOS tube.

These tubes are certainly very musical indeed. Others describe them as slightly warm so I may have that wrong. My Gungnir MB imparts a touch of warmth but maybe the tubes are adding just a little too.

Jan 22, 2018 at 11:01 PM Post #73 of 81
bonjour, j'ai le ifi pro ican, il y a 2 GE 5670 W, mais pas les adaptateurs, j'aurai souhaité trouver que les 2 tubes chez ifi sans les adaptateurs, qui ne rentrent pas à l’intérieur du ifi pro ican, si certain on des infos, merci
Tony

Sep 26, 2018 at 12:59 AM Post #74 of 81
I just received my pair from Music Direct after a month of backorder! I've only listened to them for a couple of hours in my Mjolnir 2 and I have to say that I really like them so far! There is definitely some very solid bass to these! I'd say the mids are a touch warmer compared to Schiit's LISST, and although I prefer a bright sound, I feel like these are about perfect for me. The treble is a little smoother without sacrificing any of the detail and the soundstage opened up quite a bit. This will definitely be my main tube!

I thought it was pretty cool that these came with a pair of white cotton(?) gloves! That was a nice surprise!

As an aside: These tubes have a brighter light than any of the 6922/E88CC's that I've rolled. Looks really cool in the dark!

Sorry to revive such an old thread, but I'm really curious about the "riser" you're using. I've got the ifi tubes in my MJ2 too and they obviously don't sit quite that high. I've also got some adapters that don't fit thru the socket holes in the MJ2. Are yours the tubemongers or something else? Being able to see more of that lovely tube glow is the only thing that could make me enjoy this amp/tubes combo more.

Sep 26, 2018 at 1:06 AM Post #75 of 81
Sorry to revive such an old thread, but I'm really curious about the "riser" you're using. I've got the ifi tubes in my MJ2 too and they obviously don't sit quite that high. I've also got some adapters that don't fit thru the socket holes in the MJ2. Are yours the tubemongers or something else? Being able to see more of that lovely tube glow is the only thing that could make me enjoy this amp/tubes combo more.

It's all good. You are correct that I'm using the tubemonger socket savers there. I really like them, except they're a real pain to remove from the MJ2 sockets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back