iFi micro iDSD Black-Label - In-Depth Review
Aug 9, 2023 at 11:41 PM Post #1,036 of 1,056
I'm not sure that is a real concern since most of the time it is plugged into a computer or other electrical device. Read this Head-Fi page for a good explanation.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ifi-audio-nano-idsd-black-label-tour-details-page-12-tour-participants-page-26-post-386.864211/page-45#:~:text=You can actually run it,USB port is always powered.

That's correct, but many of us like to go portable with ours, with devices other than computers. I use a couple of digital transports and a S/PDIF cable when I do it.

Aug 10, 2023 at 7:14 AM Post #1,038 of 1,056
I'm not sure that is a real concern since most of the time it is plugged into a computer or other electrical device. Read this Head-Fi page for a good explanation.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ifi-audio-nano-idsd-black-label-tour-details-page-12-tour-participants-page-26-post-386.864211/page-45#:~:text=You can actually run it,USB port is always powered.

BTW, along the same lines, I have the small Ray Samuels Predator headphone usb dac/amp. The sucker does 24/192 and makes music out of my laptop sound very good. It too has a rechargeable battery but only lasts 5 years. I've had it 10 years and use the AC power for it and that works for me. If I want to carry Hi-rez music with me my Fiio X3 with the added 128 GB mini SD card will hold all the music I need and it charges up with most usb-c cords.
My issue is that the micro won't work once the battery is dead even if hooked up to the computer.

Aug 10, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #1,040 of 1,056
My issue is that the micro won't work once the battery is dead even if hooked up to the computer.
I already talked to Ifi service and they informed me that even if the battery is dead, as long as it is hooked up to an electrical device with a usb connection the dac will still function. Presently I have my ifi black label dac plugged into my Roon Nucleus.

Aug 10, 2023 at 7:56 PM Post #1,043 of 1,056
One other question. Is it possible to use a USB splitter cable with one input feeding power and the other input feeding data? My scenario is using an android phone to provide data but I don't want it to provide power.

Aug 12, 2023 at 8:55 PM Post #1,044 of 1,056
Just for clarity. I have an Anker 7port hub. BC 1.2 compliant. I want to plug my android into the hub as the host and the micro to the one powered USB outlet on the hub. Will the micro charge the battery and limit to 80% charge when using it in USB power mode?

Sep 8, 2023 at 3:29 PM Post #1,047 of 1,056
I already talked to Ifi service and they informed me that even if the battery is dead, as long as it is hooked up to an electrical device with a usb connection the dac will still function. Presently I have my ifi black label dac plugged into my Roon Nucleus.
Thank you - that's a good tip - have only thought about plugging the BL into the computer, but I do also have the Nucleus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back