iFi micro iDSD Black-Label - In-Depth Review
Oct 15, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #557 of 1,056
I reviewed the Amp before BL version, it is good, powerful, dynamic, clean.
I suppose BL is better, but have not tried it.
Slightly more analog sounding. Equal in details. Color BLACK.

Oct 15, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #558 of 1,056
Better than the Hugo , Mojo.
When you said it was better than Mojo, I don't know if you were referring to the characteristics or the sound? ... Finally, if it is better in sound, is the difference night and day? If possible, you could specify in a note from 1 to 10, how much do you put the Micro BL and the Mojo in sound quality?

Oct 15, 2019 at 10:31 PM Post #560 of 1,056
When you said it was better than Mojo, I don't know if you were referring to the characteristics or the sound? ... Finally, if it is better in sound, is the difference night and day? If possible, you could specify in a note from 1 to 10, how much do you put the Micro BL and the Mojo in sound quality?
Sound , detail , depth , width

Nov 5, 2019 at 6:17 AM Post #562 of 1,056
I just piked up a used iDSD, it's the original silver version. While I'm not using it in dac/amp mode, I am using it as a usb>spdif converter into a modi 3. It works in this mode with the iDSD powered off, is that right?

Nov 5, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #563 of 1,056
I just piked up a used iDSD, it's the original silver version. While I'm not using it in dac/amp mode, I am using it as a usb>spdif converter into a modi 3. It works in this mode with the iDSD powered off, is that right?

Yes

Nov 5, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #566 of 1,056
My iPhone XR has suddenly stopped playing MQA files with the Micro BL .
The albums are downloaded on MQA format but are not playing in MQA . I have the settings correct. Anyone got any advice please?

Nov 5, 2019 at 7:47 PM Post #567 of 1,056
The Abyss Diana V2 sounds ridiculously good with the Micro Black Label. And surprisingly, they eat up all 4 watts of power to sound their best. I never would have guessed that they needed that much juice. But give it to them, and they will cast a soundstage as large as the 800S even though they look tiny on your head.

Yep, the Micro Black Label is a special Dac/amp. So now I want to know if it can power the Susvara???

Nov 7, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #570 of 1,056
Hi guys. Is the sounds going behind your head? Or is it a proper 3D sound stage in the middle of your head?
You mean you can hear it in front of you but once the sound passes your slow ears then you can hear it ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back