iFi iUSB3.0 launch. Names back in the hat and new #2 Winner! (page 24)
Sep 7, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #123 of 410
Range: Micro
Model: iUSB 3.0

Reasons? Well, 1/2 place prize comes with the cables that were meant to be used with iUSB line ups. Also the clues shows some technologies that were used in iUSB but upgraded versions of those.

ADDED: Support of powering two DACs. This is good for person like me who uses one DAC to send audio signal to not only iCAN but to the speaker receiver. By having ability to connect to two DACs at the same time, we will have individual audio signal for each of the receivers. Nice feature! Time to get another Micro iDSD :D

Sep 8, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #126 of 410
I'm sticking with the:
Model: iUSB 3.0

By now it's a bit obvious 
biggrin.gif

Sep 8, 2015 at 3:00 AM Post #127 of 410
Range: micro
Model: iUSB2

It's the only iFi product used with the Gemini dual-headed USB cable. The additional features, i.e. noise cancellation, and reclock/regen, should make it a more than worthy competitor to the Schiit Wyrd and UpTone Audio Regen. As a happy user of the iUSB, I'm definitely upgrading to the iUSB2 when it's out.

Sep 8, 2015 at 4:31 AM Post #128 of 410
Model: iUSB3.0

Sep 8, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #129 of 410
Model: iUSB2

separate power supply, noise cancellation & signal regeneration which fits the bill of signal conditioner, USB2/3 switch and the reward USB cable that clearly shows that it has USB ports

Sep 8, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #130 of 410
Model: iUSB 2

Why?: Because iFi is always pushing the envelope. Whatever this product is, I'm sure it would go along great with a new iDSD Pro (another envelope pusher).

Bonus: I'm going to say it's called "Skin," because the new guy/designer's surname is Erskin, or something along those lines. It could be because curry has a strong aroma, though very delicious. So, if you walk about with a good vindaloo at the office, some of the spice might leak into the spicy bits of new products, and give it that extra bite! Yay! (I'm hungry now) 

Sep 8, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #132 of 410
I am sticking with my answers of Micro family and iUSB power mk2 or something of the kind.

I forgot about the Skyn question, so I think the answer is something to do with the "skin effect" observed in power cables. I dont understand it to be honest as its physics and that's only one step up from witchcraft frankly.

Sep 8, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #133 of 410
Range micro
Model iusb mark II

I'm betting this model doubles as a battery for the ultimate clean power hence the charger requirement!

Oh, and skunk anansi (lead singer is skin)

Sep 8, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #134 of 410
Model: iUSB3.0

It's quite obvious by looking at the photo but it's also the most logical step. Since you now have achieved lowest noise ever on a power supply, it's time to bundle some new and revolutionary technologies with it. And it's quite clear also because UpTone Regen USB is playing a great role in this audiophile world. I was sure you were developing something to make USB a flawless source.
I guess your goal is reduce jitter, restore signal integrity, reduce frame noise and packet noise. And also address impedance mismatching. Oh, and I hope you've made this micro iUSB3.0 BC1.2 compatible to use it with micro iDSD at Turbo mode without draining the battery, pure USB power. That would be awesome!

Skin is the name of the mascot because it recalls skin effect, which is somehow a way to tell that impedance problems are no longer existing when using this new iFi micro iUSB 3.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back