iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions, Reviews and Comments.
Nov 2, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #6,962 of 9,047
You're feeding it an average quality signal, connect it via USB and you should get better results.

I`ve connected it to USB3.0 port of my laptop with standard cable from the box. Note 5 shows the same perfomance no matter if via OTG or HD 650 connected dirctly to 3,5mm jack (of course, if I only make same volume level).

Nov 4, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #6,965 of 9,047
Is there a good solution for docking an iPhone 7, that will supply power to the phone and allow connecting to the iFi?

Nov 4, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #6,967 of 9,047
anyone had tried their iFi iDSD Micro with the new Audeze iSines or the JH Michelle ?
i am very interested in their pairing !

Nov 5, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #6,968 of 9,047

Much sexier look for the case style...  Wish ifi offered this color option when I bought mine last year.

Ditto, really like that look as well.

Nov 5, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #6,969 of 9,047
Im at work so I can not use the search function for what ever reason but, my question is, when I have my ipod touch plugged in the iDSD will drain my iPod in a matter of an hour or so, there is a certain way the "hand shake" needs to be done to stop this right?

Nov 5, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #6,972 of 9,047

Turn on the iDSD before connecting it to the iPod. I think that triggers it to run off the battery and not pull power from the USB connection.

When its done charging I will try that, thanks!

Beside that, 5.2B software is better for these kind of stuff. Otherwise iDSD will start to drain your battery after 1-2 minutes when you stop the music. Also 5.2 software(non-B one) itself has a playing delay problem.

Nov 5, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #6,973 of 9,047

Is there a good solution for docking an iPhone 7, that will supply power to the phone and allow connecting to the iFi?

No.

When the iDSD is OFF and connected to the phone, it will always charge from the phone, no matter what the firmware. You must disconnect it to prevent that.

With the alternate firmware (B), with the iDSD connected to phone and turned ON, but not in use (no signal), the iDSD will not go to sleep and thus not charge from the phone, at the expense depleting its own battery.

Really hope the future designs will have a simple charging on/off switch, since this is a design oversight.

Nov 5, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #6,974 of 9,047
  Hi everyone!

I got mine iFi micro a week ago and heating it up through nights and days, but still can`t say that this thing plays better than the Samsung Note 5..... Of course, the volume level is out of any questions, but setting the same level on both devices I can`t here where iFi is better on my HD 650. Tested on the same flac tracks (Foobar2000 on laptop, Onko HF Player on Note 5).

Am I doing something wrong? Does anybody has both Note 5 and iFi micro to compare?

Make sure you don't have the IEMatch activated (even accidentally), and try to give the HD 650 a little boost (set one level above Eco) even if the volume doesn't seem to need it.

Also the iDSD may need more than a week to properly burn in, however crazy that sounds. It replaced my bedroom tube amp setup which I thought was really good.

Nov 5, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #6,975 of 9,047
Make sure you don't have the IEMatch activated (even accidentally), and try to give the HD 650 a little boost (set one level above Eco) even if the volume doesn't seem to need it.

Also the iDSD may need more than a week to properly burn in, however crazy that sounds. It replaced my bedroom tube amp setup which I thought was really good.

Thanks a lot for trying to help.

I'm sure IEmatch is switched off. iFi recommended to use ECO mode with HD650, but of course I've tried all of them.

BTW I can't hear difference between filters (standart, bit perfect etc). Device is playing 12 hours a day and I can't say it is getting way more better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back