iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions, Reviews and Comments.
Oct 7, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #1,097 of 9,047
I wish we had a CanJam in Asia - anywhere from Singapore to HK would suit me. Traffic is just too hideous in Manila and JKT  
wink.gif

Oct 8, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #1,098 of 9,047
I want owners to chime in here. How sensitive is the IEM match switch on the bottom of your unit? Mine is a little flaky when turned on and if the switch is set to Ultra Sensitivity and I touch or knock the switch gently (normal device handling), it can blast with high volume if I am not careful. Anyone else experiencing this or should I do a warranty exchange?

Oct 8, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #1,100 of 9,047
I want owners to chime in here. How sensitive is the IEM match switch on the bottom of your unit? Mine is a little flaky when turned on and if the switch is set to Ultra Sensitivity and I touch or knock the switch gently (normal device handling), it can blast with high volume if I am not careful. Anyone else experiencing this or should I do a warranty exchange?

mine does not do that. it's quite firmly notched where it's set. you should contact iFi. 

Oct 8, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #1,103 of 9,047
the 3d switch works great for heavy metal live music. Iron Maiden is playing and its a blast! 2 minutes to midnight, blood brothers... enjoy

Oct 9, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #1,104 of 9,047
I was recently forced to use my Brainwavz B2 IEMs (rebranded Fischer DBA-02) which I haven't used in months as although I brought my DX90 and iDSD, I forgot to bring any IEMs or headphones… quite careless, I know. It just so happens I had my B2s in Comply tips in my bag, forgotten. 

I hadn't used them for months due to their analytical nature but let's just say that the iDSD has brought these IEMs and even my cheapo SoundMAGIC ES20 to new heights. 

Quite lovely actually. 

Oct 9, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #1,105 of 9,047
Anybody know how I get in contact with ifi? I have opened tickets on both the concierge special ifi club portal and the main portal. I cant find any contact info other than electronic contact, which is unacceptable to me. Seems like these guys are asleep at the wheel....not happy.

Oct 9, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #1,106 of 9,047
I bet they are focused on rmaf and their iFi Club meeting at the moment. The company has top-notch customer service. Allow them a couple of days then reassess their response time.

Oct 9, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #1,107 of 9,047
I bet they are focused on rmaf and their iFi Club meeting at the moment. The company has top-notch customer service. Allow them a couple of days then reassess their response time.

not to mention they are jet lagged, time zone whacked and altitude adjusting all at the same time!
blink.gif

Oct 9, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #1,108 of 9,047
Mine wa not like that but a little cheap feeling but it does work fine. My only issue is the volume control if left in my bag walking around it can turn off or turn loud very bad !!!!!! Anyway considreing the many situations these things get used under its acceptible. I have no other issues , there is a ifi guy on this thread have you Reid him as well.
Al

Oct 9, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #1,110 of 9,047
So the Micro volume control is rubbing up against other things in your bag or we talking that it is so loose that knob moves with jostling of bag?  

Quote:
Mine wa not like that but a little cheap feeling but it does work fine. My only issue is the volume control if left in my bag walking around it can turn off or turn loud very bad !!!!!! Anyway considreing the many situations these things get used under its acceptible. I have no other issues , there is a ifi guy on this thread have you Reid him as well.
Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back