iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions, Reviews and Comments.
Feb 10, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #5,236 of 9,047
Yeah, likewise the whole reason I got into the ifi products in the first place was entirely to stream Tidal Hi Fi from my laptop, iPhone and iPad although mostly it is laptop based to be honest. The battery on the iDSD is charged and ready to go once I am travelling though!!!  

Feb 12, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #5,242 of 9,047
Ifi has lots of them for sale

thanks...prob is they're full pop ...and our cdn dollero sucks right now
...a yr or so ago it was par with the US greenback...now it's 35-40% less
eek.gif
...so used is the route, i'm afraid

Feb 12, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #5,243 of 9,047
thanks...prob is they're full pop ...and our cdn dollero sucks right now
...a yr or so ago it was par with the US greenback...now it's 35-40% less :eek: ...so used is the route, i'm afraid
They seem to sell quick second hand. No wonder, they are really good.

Feb 12, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #5,245 of 9,047
  Interview with iFi - history, background, future plans....

thanks Dharma...cool! always fun to think of new toys we can buy.

also and i know this isn't related (so don't flame me please) but Audioquest
also coming out with 3 new dacs in early 2nd quarter:

blue tooth dac (beetle)
and 2 new dragonflys (a black and a more robust red 'turbo model)
all will have firmware upgradeable software, too, which is a first for this series.
just more portable and lightweight than alot of dacs out there: would be ideal for a smartphone etc

different dac chips and amps for each.

first link (vimeo) is insightful: by the always interesting John Darko at the official release at CES 2016
http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/01/ces-2016-audioquest-mobilise-dragonfly-black-red/#comment-130562

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUj4SAhm6RY
(interesting interview with the president on more specific diffs between the products and aims)

interviews also talk of their future plans e.g., on how the jitterbug's popularity has opened them up to possibly developing more products
related to line conditioning and signal integrity, etc.

my point is: more fun stuff in the works for us in portable audio to support those companies we trust and like.
Ifi, Chord, Audioquest: all on my radar (have the 1.2 dragonfly currently)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back