ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion
Jul 8, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #1,231 of 2,267
Could I ask you if you had and used the DAC option in the 430? If so, were you compelled to use a free standing DAC to get the most of its potential?
Thanks... Skooks

Jul 8, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #1,232 of 2,267
I owned the amp only,no DAC ..i used my chord dave with the 430

Jul 9, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #1,233 of 2,267
I see what people mean by the Pro iCan working well with the Pro iDSD. I have both in solid-state mode, as the tube modes tend to narrow the soundstage a bit, at least with the default tubes.

Jul 17, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #1,236 of 2,267
hi guys

I need your help and advice on a Pro Ican device.
I had purchased a Pro Ican amplifier unit from samma3a store in Dubai, UAE. Last night as the devise was on and I was using it while charging, I soptted some dust, so I tried to clean it, but syddenly there was a cracking noise and the device turned off with a burnt smell. The piece of paper tissue I used to clean was completely dry and there was not a slightest humidity on it, so any short circuit possiblilty is highly remote.I bought the device around 2 to 3 months I'm very angry and worried about this amplifier.With this small incident, it doesn't work.I am a fan of this brand and I have a lot of products and very pleased.

It will be a high appreciation if you tell me what should I do. I have not tried to turn on the devise since this incident.

Regurds Mori

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #1,237 of 2,267
That's very unusual ideed... I never had a problem like that. I wonder if something is inside the amp. But, regardless... get in touch with ifi and tell them your problem. Warranty should cover it. Also, tell or show your dealer the Pro iCan.

Jul 17, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #1,238 of 2,267
That's very unusual ideed... I never had a problem like that. I wonder if something is inside the amp. But, regardless... get in touch with ifi and tell them your problem. Warranty should cover it. Also, tell or show your dealer the Pro iCan.

I've sent an email waiting for the answer.I think that's problem isolating .Body Insulation

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #1,239 of 2,267
hi guys

I had purchased a Pro Ican amplifier unit from samma3a store in Dubai, UAE. Last night as the devise was on and I was using it while charging, I soptted some dust, so I tried to clean it, but syddenly there was a cracking noise and the device turned off with a burnt smell. The piece of paper tissue I used to clean was completely dry and there was not a slightest humidity on it, so any short circuit possiblilty is highly remote.I bought the device around 2 to 3 months I'm very angry and worried about this amplifier.With this small incident, it doesn't work.I am a fan of this brand and I have a lot of products and very pleased.

It will be a high appreciation if you tell me what should I do. I have not tried to turn on the devise since this incident.

Regurds Mori

The iCan Pro chassis is very rigid and protects the circuit board and tube very well. However, when I got mine, I carefully ran my fingers on the vents to check for any flakes of left over aluminum. I didn't find any but it was not the smoothest cut outs either. My guess is that your chassis vent had a tiny flake of metal that came loose when you wiped. If it landed somewhere on the PCB it could have caused this issues since what you describe is an electrical short. Either this or you have a blown board component that just happened to go off while you wiped. Either way, it's an incredibly unlucky event and hope you are able to get warranty repair soon.

Jul 17, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #1,240 of 2,267
hi guys

Regurds Mori
I used to live in Doha, Qatar where is similar weather condition, harsh in summer and always dusty. I had serious trouble with my desktop PC as my experience, I had to replace most of the components such as CPU, motherboard and main memories due to dust or sand during my stay there. The CPU was completely damaged and never work after 1 month. Another example is my digital cameras. Power zoom was broken, main switch didn't work..... It is very bad circumstances for any electric devices. Probably you faced shortcircuit somewhere inside of pro iCAN, which could easily happen in those regions. My advice is to bring your unit to the retailer to repair.

Jul 18, 2018 at 4:19 AM Post #1,241 of 2,267
I used to live in Doha, Qatar where is similar weather condition, harsh in summer and always dusty. I had serious trouble with my desktop PC as my experience, I had to replace most of the components such as CPU, motherboard and main memories due to dust or sand during my stay there. The CPU was completely damaged and never work after 1 month. Another example is my digital cameras. Power zoom was broken, main switch didn't work..... It is very bad circumstances for any electric devices. Probably you faced shortcircuit somewhere inside of pro iCAN, which could easily happen in those regions. My advice is to bring your unit to the retailer to repair.

I live in Tehran Dust is not too much .

Jul 20, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #1,242 of 2,267
Folks...

CanJam London 2018!

...and two of our staff - Sarah and Hannah - will be there! The girls will be located with iFi audio hardware at the Electromod's booth! Please do visit the place, the iFi ladies don't bite!

And to all able to visit the event, enjoy!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jul 27, 2018 at 5:05 AM Post #1,243 of 2,267
Hi guys

I have question ,I have experienced the use of several products with my HD800S (headphone) idsd micro ,idsd black ,Ican se ,Itube2 ,hugo2 ,Dx200 ibasso ....The question is here With PRO ICAN the most sibilance I experienced, upper mid too thin .I have not heard another sample of this product Do you think this is normal?

My device failed ,I'm suspicious of having the problem first .Has anyone had an experience like me?

Regurds Mori

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2018 at 8:23 AM Post #1,244 of 2,267
I have question ,I have experienced the use of several products with my HD800S (headphone) idsd micro ,idsd black ,Ican se ,Itube2 ,hugo2 ,Dx200 ibasso ....The question is here With PRO ICAN the most sibilance I experienced, upper mid too thin .I have not heard another sample of this product Do you think this is normal?

It shouldn't affect the sound in that way. What source are you using for the Pro iCan and what kind of cable? Also, is 3D mode activated?

Jul 29, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #1,245 of 2,267
It shouldn't affect the sound in that way. What source are you using for the Pro iCan and what kind of cable? Also, is 3D mode activated?

My source Idsd Black and about RCA cable (ifi rca include iRack) stock headphone cable.all mode sibilance in upper mids ,male and female tube and tube+ Does not matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back