ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion
Feb 10, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #976 of 2,267
Thanks I think I understood the gist of what you were saying, thanks to a couple years of french in high school. I am surprised it's actually noticeable. Still don't understand why the line outs connected to a powered off amplifier would degrade the quality of sound going to the headphone though, could someone please explain that?

Feb 10, 2018 at 10:55 PM Post #977 of 2,267
I’ve inadvertently discovered something like this - I plugged a 3.5-6.35 adapter into one of the 3.5 outputs in mine while listening to my LCD4s via 4 pin XLR - just the adapter, nothing plugged into it. There was a noticeable decrease in volume. I’m assuming the circuitry inside automatically “allocates resources” inside if it senses any sort of closed circuit in another output.

Feb 10, 2018 at 11:24 PM Post #978 of 2,267
That's unfortunate. So I'm basically going to have to connect/disconnect my monitors when I want to listen through them instead of just powering them on. Do other amps work like this too, like the Ragnarok which also has line outs? I never noticed anything like this before on anything I've owned.

Feb 11, 2018 at 1:25 AM Post #979 of 2,267
[QUOTE = "ra990, post: 14035285, membre: 478047"] C'est malheureux. Donc, je vais devoir connecter / déconnecter mes moniteurs quand je veux les écouter au lieu de simplement les allumer. Est-ce que d'autres amplis fonctionnent comme ça, comme le Ragnarok qui a aussi des sorties en ligne? Je n'ai jamais rien remarqué de tel sur tout ce que j'ai possédé. [/ QUOTE]

et pourtant c'est la réalité, il ne devrait y avoir que la source que l'on écoute qui devrait etre branché, le ifi pro ican est tellement précis qu'il montre la différence, et pas la plupart des autres matériels,

Feb 11, 2018 at 4:25 AM Post #980 of 2,267
Is there some kind of device I can put in the middle of the ican and my powered monitors to prevent the headphone output from being affected by the turned off powered monitors being connected to the line outs? Some kind of switch that makes the ican think there's nothing connected to it's line outs? @iFi audio any tips?

Feb 12, 2018 at 8:22 AM Post #981 of 2,267
That's unfortunate. So I'm basically going to have to connect/disconnect my monitors when I want to listen through them instead of just powering them on. Do other amps work like this too, like the Ragnarok which also has line outs? I never noticed anything like this before on anything I've owned.
I didn’t notice a difference with my headphones when my monitors are off or disconnected. Also wouldn’t changing the input knob to an empty input be essentially the same thing as disconnecting them? I know i thought about using a monitor controller like a drawmer 2.1 or 3.1 to be able to switch the monitors “off” without physically reaching and doing it. Also to combine my mic output with my dac output. Of course though that could just be one more peice of equipment in the signal path

Feb 12, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #982 of 2,267
I had a question..since Ifi says not to mix headphones, and speaker. Is turning off a speaker enough or do you have to disconnect the cables?

Looks like someone else had the same question when it first came out, but didn't see a response from @iFi audio yet. In my case they're powered monitors and I am not hearing a difference between keeping them powered off and disconnecting the cables, but I'm not running very demanding headphones right now and have the gain at 0db. Would love to know the official response to this question...

Thanks!

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2018 at 1:49 AM Post #983 of 2,267
Hi guys

I searching about HI END amp for headphone (HD800S)
Do you thinking that this price range There is a better option Is it available?
Recently purchased ICAN SE and like it so much really great, I wonder about it Product at this price amazing ,what about ICAN PRO ?????
Really curious
Is there a better option with this price? :)

Regards Mori

Feb 21, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #985 of 2,267
IFI makes some fantastic products. They are simple to use, sound great, and are building quite a nice reputation. This is on my short list of upgrade amps. I may consider this with their energizer for my 009's as well.

Feb 22, 2018 at 1:29 AM Post #989 of 2,267
The iCan Pro seems to go nicely with every headphone I try on it. Some day I would like to try the Violectric V281, have read in many places that it is a fantastic HP amp, but I am quite content with my iFi.
I just got the V281 and I spent a few hours listening on it and now just switched back my ican pro back and my quick impression is that the V281 seems to exhibit a tiny more bass and a tiny bit more width, but I can get that out of the ican pro with a 10hz xbass and the first setting of the 3d effect (on some songs). There's not a huge difference between the two or at least nothing where I turned it on and immediately noticed how much better one is to the other. I'm just a couple hours in though, going to spend some more time listening and decide which one to sell. I did like that I can switch the headphone and preamp functions on and off with a button with the V281, a little more convenient than having to power on/off my monitors.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018 at 1:39 AM Post #990 of 2,267
[QUOTE = "ra990, post: 14059866, membre: 478047"] Je viens d'avoir le V281 et j'ai passé quelques heures à l'écouter et maintenant je suis revenu sur mon ican pro et j'ai l'impression que le V281 semble montrer un minuscule plus de basse et un tout petit peu plus de largeur, mais je peux sortir ça de l'ican pro avec une xbass 10hz et le premier réglage de l'effet 3d (sur certaines chansons). Il n'y a pas une grande différence entre les deux ou du moins rien où je l'ai allumé et immédiatement remarqué combien mieux on est à l'autre. Je ne suis que quelques heures, je vais passer plus de temps à écouter et décider lequel vendre. J'ai aimé que je puisse allumer et éteindre les fonctions casque et préampli avec un bouton avec le V281, un peu plus pratique que d'avoir à allumer / éteindre mes moniteurs. [/ QUOTE]
re bonjour, si cela est possible d'avoir un compte rendu plus détaillé, merci

Users who are viewing this thread

Back