iFi audio's SilentPower Collection: GND Defender, DC Blocker, Nova, and SupaNova!
Dec 8, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #106 of 206
I am considering the supanova for the iPower Elite... I am new to this game, honestly I tried the iPower Elite expecting minute improvements but it transformed my M17 into something else so I wonder...

What does it bring to the table? I mean the iPower Elite is pretty great in itself...
The SupaNova brings a lower noise floor, blacker background, and built-in surge protection, so you can plug your equipment directly into the wall (if you like) without worrying about power surges.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #107 of 206
The SupaNova brings a lower noise floor and blacker background, plus surge protection, so you can plug your equipment directly into the wall (if you like) without worrying about power surges.
Yeah I have seen the power surge protection great.
Noise floor and background is already pitch black that I can hear... I'll think it over.
Maybe Nova is enough for me.

Hmmm this review got me thinking, especially this sentence : "Mere humans can't hear RFI "noise," but audio electronics are stressed dealing with it, and that can be all too audible." Now I wonder... Edit : Ok ordered a Supanova, @iFi audio does great products, we'll see :)

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #108 of 206
Yeah I have seen the power surge protection great.
Noise floor and background is already pitch black that I can hear... I'll think it over.
Maybe Nova is enough for me.

Hmmm this review got me thinking, especially this sentence : "Mere humans can't hear RFI "noise," but audio electronics are stressed dealing with it, and that can be all too audible." Now I wonder... Edit : Ok ordered a Supanova, @iFi audio does great products, we'll see :)

Enjoy and let us know what you think!

Dec 9, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #109 of 206
Dec 9, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #110 of 206
Dec 11, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #111 of 206
Waiting for impressions :)
Delivery was delayed but it finally arrived!

Let me say I am so glad I did go for the Supanova :)

IMG_7104.jpg
image0(4).jpeg

Plugged to the M17 with the iPower Elite 12V I hear major improvement : pitch black background but also dynamic range has gotten much much better : wow!

I didn't expect such a huge cable section though, this is quite a beast!

Dec 11, 2021 at 10:38 AM Post #112 of 206

IMG_7104.jpgimage0(4).jpeg

Plugged to the M17 with the iPower Elite 12V I hear major improvement : pitch black background but also dynamic range has gotten much much better : wow!

A python ready to swallow the rest of your gear?…🐍

Dec 11, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #113 of 206
Dec 19, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #114 of 206
I worry the ground defender plus dc blocker with a heavy power cable is going to apply too much leverage to the power socket of my equipment and possibly physically damage it. It's like putting a lever in the socket and pulling down.... Maybe my fears are unfounded, but man my gut reaction to that setup was no way that can be good for the power socket.
If you have robust high quality power socket, no, this is not an issue.

Jan 6, 2022 at 5:02 AM Post #115 of 206
I’m debating a Nova to feed my PowerStation from the wall, but I dont need such a long cable. Has anyone compared the Nova against an audioquest NRG-Z3 or anything else in the $150-$250 price range?

Jan 6, 2022 at 6:56 AM Post #116 of 206
Just got my GND Defender and DC blocker.

Both did nothing to my WA22 hum. Guess my noise issue is solely tube related. Zero improvement. I’ll return them asap but I hope those products can help other people with DC on the mains and ground loop problems.
The hum may come from source.

Jan 6, 2022 at 8:48 AM Post #117 of 206
Jan 18, 2022 at 9:07 PM Post #118 of 206

IMG_7104.jpgimage0(4).jpeg

I recently got the Supanova as well and I am seriously impressed with this cable. It probably needs a good amount of time to burn in but it sounds great out of the box.

I am using it to feed my Furutech etp80 plc, it replaced a Furutech 314ag with FI-20M plug and FI-15 iec. The increase in soundstage was the most noticeable, it was a really massive increase.

IMG_20220117_210541.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back