iFi audio ZEN Stream - Streaming elevated to a higher plane
Aug 29, 2022 at 12:24 PM Post #4,621 of 5,934
Yes, having the same problem today. Tidal connect doesn't work on any of my Android products; phones and tablets. Really fustrating. Spotify connect works to can only assume it's a Tidal issue. Have you had it working since you posted? Are you having problems today? I note your location is also UK.
Solved. Uninstalled the Tidal app and reinstalled. All working fine now.

Aug 29, 2022 at 11:56 PM Post #4,622 of 5,934
@iFi audio : Still no information about major evolutions (OS, kernel, application versions...) ?

Unfortunately, no I do not believe we have any more information to share at this current time on these topics.

Aug 30, 2022 at 10:22 AM Post #4,623 of 5,934
Unfortunately, no I do not believe we have any more information to share at this current time on these topics.
.. Nor on the possibility of opening and documenting a development using the usb-c socket...

Aug 30, 2022 at 10:20 PM Post #4,626 of 5,934
In theory, yes. In practice however there's a difference between digital transports :wink:
Why so? In my experience, I can not tell the difference between the Pi4 running Ropiee and paired with a nice DAC, and my $ 3000 Lumin! It all depends on the DAC. A streamer is just a transport. With the USB interface inside the Pi4, the purported electrical noise issue has already been addressed, and it is cold to touch even when streaming seriously high res content.

The case for the iFi unit is that it is a simple appliance for those who don't want to expend energy in downloading the Ropiee or Volumino or similar software and spending a few minutes configuring it on a web browser. For that reason, I totally get what iFi are trying. However, for those savvy enough to use a computer, it is all quite trivial and very well illustrated and explained. I would rather take the $ 399 that one is about to spend on the Streamer and put it toward a Roon lifetime subscription. Much better value for money, IMHO!

Aug 31, 2022 at 5:36 AM Post #4,627 of 5,934
Hi guys,

Need to catch up with some things.

Did we have any updates on the possibility to play Qobuz via its native app?

It was supposed that ifi was working on same.

Sep 1, 2022 at 9:23 PM Post #4,630 of 5,934
Does anyone know if it is reasonable to expect/hope that the next version of the Zen Stream will support 768Khz PCM out via USB, or is that something @iFi audio has categorically said they aren't interested in?

I'm not looking for any type of confirmation/guarantee that it will be supported. I'm just asking if it's ruled out or not.

Sep 1, 2022 at 11:05 PM Post #4,631 of 5,934
Does anyone know if it is reasonable to expect/hope that the next version of the Zen Stream will support 768Khz PCM out via USB, or is that something @iFi audio has categorically said they aren't interested in?

I'm not looking for any type of confirmation/guarantee that it will be supported. I'm just asking if it's ruled out or not.
It would be nice as I use mine as an NAA for HQ Player up-sampling.

The only very minor quibble I have with my unit is that it doesn't always show the correct colour (red) when I start sending it 256 DSD - instead showing blue. I have to feed it PCM for a few seconds before switching back to DSD for it to rectify itself.

I've been toying with buying a 2nd ZS for my other setup but I will wait a bit longer to see if iFi have anything new to show us.

Sep 2, 2022 at 10:01 AM Post #4,634 of 5,934
Difficult because when using cox or usb, one also judges the coax or usb input of the dac.
The choice for me is simple: usb because of the usable frequency range.

Sep 7, 2022 at 3:36 AM Post #4,635 of 5,934
Hi, has anyone here been able to get Ifi zen to work stably with Bubble upnp in dlna mode.
Only if I turn on the proxy then everything works without interruption.
But with proxy it is clearly audible worse sound.
As a roon endpoint everything is also fine (roon mode), but I don't like roon.
I want my ifi work in upnp mode stable with Bubble or Mconnect..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back