iFi audio ZEN Stream - Streaming elevated to a higher plane
Feb 3, 2022 at 9:48 AM Post #3,571 of 5,913
Did the latest beta firmware change the color scheme for the sample rate LED?

Feb 3, 2022 at 10:21 AM Post #3,572 of 5,913
Did the latest beta firmware change the color scheme for the sample rate LED?
Yes, according to the message it was to be more inline with Tidal, universally accepted color schemes…

There was a post by @Sebastien Chiu about the change some pages back!

Cheers!!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Feb 3, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #3,573 of 5,913
Yes, according to the message it was to be more inline with Tidal, universally accepted color schemes…

There was a post by @Sebastien Chiu about the change some pages back!

Cheers!!
OK good, I switched power supplies yesterday and wasn't sure if something like an undervolt was causing it.

Thanks!

Feb 3, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #3,574 of 5,913
jst update fw to 2.30.7 and tidal connect mqa is broken again on my zen stream to gustard x16 via spidf,playing the eagles the gustard will quickly display 88khz then drop to 44.1khz,every mqa album does the same apart from hotel california album which displays 192khz,mqa passthrough is off

Feb 3, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #3,575 of 5,913
jst update fw to 2.30.7 and tidal connect mqa is broken again on my zen stream to gustard x16 via spidf,playing the eagles the gustard will quickly display 88khz then drop to 44.1khz,every mqa album does the same apart from hotel california album which displays 192khz,mqa passthrough is off
seriously ifi I jst tryed usb aswell and mqa is broken on that aswell,playing the eagles to my gustard x16 the gustard shows mqa 44.1 instead of 192khz,jst plugged my node into the gustard and thats perfect playing the same track unfolded to 192khz

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2022 at 3:21 PM Post #3,576 of 5,913
seriously ifi I jst tryed usb aswell and mqa is broken on that aswell,playing the eagles to my gustard x16 the gustard shows mqa 44.1 instead of 192khz,jst plugged my node into the gustard and thats perfect playing the same track unfolded to 192khz
all MQA files are running fine on my Holo Audio Spring 3 non-MQA DAC.
Tidal is doing first unfold.
No problems ever so far...

Attachments

• 5F165470-6600-451F-BB6C-F580FEC148A1.jpeg
    5F165470-6600-451F-BB6C-F580FEC148A1.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Feb 3, 2022 at 6:49 PM Post #3,577 of 5,913
From my experience so far, MQA is working good with my Pro iDSD. It's just that with Tidal Connect sometimes the playlist stops or skip. And there are some stability issues where I need to disconnect and reconnect the playback device (the Stream).
Playing DLNA files, the Stream is slow to load and play tracks, and DSD files are even worse (20s or more to load).
Radio stations takes forever to connect, why? It's instantaneous when I use my PC as the streamer!

Maybe some of you can confirm if I'm the only one having delays issues? I already asked and got no answers...

If it wasn't because it sounds good I would have already get rid of it.

Feb 4, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #3,578 of 5,913
Radio stations takes forever to connect, why? It's instantaneous when I use my PC as the streamer!

Maybe some of you can confirm if I'm the only one having delays issues? I already asked and got no answers...
Almost instant for me after I changed Audio Buffer Size from 32 MB buffer to 8 MB in Settings/Playback Options.

Buffer before Play is at the lowest available setting of 10%.

Feb 4, 2022 at 1:47 PM Post #3,579 of 5,913
Almost instant for me after I changed Audio Buffer Size from 32 MB buffer to 8 MB in Settings/Playback Options.

Buffer before Play is at the lowest available setting of 10%.
Yeah! It works pretty well with Radio stations with lower buffer settings, but with theses, listening to DSD files becomes impractical, it's stutters like crazy for many seconds.
I guess ifi can find a way to adapt dynamically buffer settings related to the weight of the content been played?
I cannot explain why delays on a wired 1Gb/s lan, my HTPC seems happy with that speed, maybe the Stream is only 100Mb/s or less?

Feb 4, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #3,580 of 5,913
I seem to have a bug where the first thing streamed to it after booting outputs nothing. If I stop until the sample rate LED turns off and then resume it outputs fine and works as expected until the next reboot. This only happens once per reboot, so not a huge deal, just a little annoying.

I almost always steam Roon, sometimes Spotify.

Feb 4, 2022 at 2:39 PM Post #3,582 of 5,913
I seem to have a bug where the first thing streamed to it after booting outputs nothing. If I stop until the sample rate LED turns off and then resume it outputs fine and works as expected until the next reboot. This only happens once per reboot, so not a huge deal, just a little annoying.

I almost always steam Roon, sometimes Spotify.
That's the usual synch delay I ve posted earlier.
First synch always takes a while and then it's playing flawlessly and instantly.
You can set a delay in Roon settings of the Ifi device to compensate that effect

Feb 4, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #3,583 of 5,913
That's the usual synch delay I ve posted earlier.
First synch always takes a while and then it's playing flawlessly and instantly.
You can set a delay in Roon settings of the Ifi device to compensate that effect
The resync delay?

I just set it to 1000ms, I'll test later.

Feb 4, 2022 at 3:10 PM Post #3,584 of 5,913
Feb 5, 2022 at 9:25 PM Post #3,585 of 5,913
However, the Q&A section of this wallet-friendly streamer’s Amazon.ca listing suggests a forthcoming firmware update will upgrade TOSLINK to 24bit/192kHz.[...]

This part I've quoted - I'll wait till that firmware update is actually out and supported and working.

I've learnt the hard way not to buy anything based on 'upcoming firmware update'

Zen Stream has a good example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back