iFi audio xDSD- The Official Thread
May 7, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #2,343 of 2,505
As an update, it looks like they're asking me to mail it back and then will tell me the cost of repairs. Truth be told I'm a little torn right now. I'm tempted to just scrap it for a little while, save up, and then buy a new one.

May 7, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #2,344 of 2,505
As an update, it looks like they're asking me to mail it back and then will tell me the cost of repairs. Truth be told I'm a little torn right now. I'm tempted to just scrap it for a little while, save up, and then buy a new one.

PM'd you!

May 10, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #2,345 of 2,505
Hi! I'm brand new to the site, so I hope I am posting this correctly and not as a reply to anothers question. Sorry if this ends up in the wrong place.
I just recently purchased an xdsd type-c and I'm using it with my CA SS andromedas. I know, I'm about 3 years behind the times... I primarily listen using BT. It seems like i have to turn the volume up quite a bit in order to get music to a listenable level. Like, i can barely hear anything until it's in the green, which should be around 50% volume right? Anyway, when i plug the andromedas directly into my phone, LG ThinQ 8s, i only have to turn up the volume two clicks up from silent to get the same result. Is this normal for xdsd?

May 10, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #2,346 of 2,505
Hi! I'm brand new to the site, so I hope I am posting this correctly and not as a reply to anothers question. Sorry if this ends up in the wrong place.
I just recently purchased an xdsd type-c and I'm using it with my CA SS andromedas. I know, I'm about 3 years behind the times... I primarily listen using BT. It seems like i have to turn the volume up quite a bit in order to get music to a listenable level. Like, i can barely hear anything until it's in the green, which should be around 50% volume right? Anyway, when i plug the andromedas directly into my phone, LG ThinQ 8s, i only have to turn up the volume two clicks up from silent to get the same result. Is this normal for xdsd?

Hi mate,

That is pretty standard for Andros - I use them at the top of the blue volume level and a little bit past right when it hits green.

Sounds correct in our book - make sure your phone volume is up all the way as well!

May 10, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #2,347 of 2,505
Hi @iFi audio - so as you may know, I've reviewed my xDSD on here a while back and I'm loving it.

But that pretty much turns into a sour taste because I've encountered two annoying issues lately:

1) Bluetooth connection sometimes plays no sound - even though it's connected, my xDSD doesn't play any sound 1/3 times it's connected. I've tried keeping the function button up to 20 seconds to "reset" (don't know if it did anything), nothing. Every time this happens, I need to "forget" the xDSD and re-pair.

2) The "kHz" LED (sample rate) stopped lighting up. It simply doesn't work anymore. Maybe it's burnet? It's quite rare for a LED to burn so fast (unless it's very badly made or very cheap). I tried restarting, draining the battery - nothing.

Is there anything I can still do to try to fix those 2 issues, or should I send it back to the retailer for servicing/refund?

10x!

May 10, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #2,348 of 2,505
Hi @iFi audio - so as you may know, I've reviewed my xDSD on here a while back and I'm loving it.

But that pretty much turns into a sour taste because I've encountered two annoying issues lately:

1) Bluetooth connection sometimes plays no sound - even though it's connected, my xDSD doesn't play any sound 1/3 times it's connected. I've tried keeping the function button up to 20 seconds to "reset" (don't know if it did anything), nothing. Every time this happens, I need to "forget" the xDSD and re-pair.

2) The "kHz" LED (sample rate) stopped lighting up. It simply doesn't work anymore. Maybe it's burnet? It's quite rare for a LED to burn so fast (unless it's very badly made or very cheap). I tried restarting, draining the battery - nothing.

Is there anything I can still do to try to fix those 2 issues, or should I send it back to the retailer for servicing/refund?

10x!

Since you're quite familiar with your xDSD, and have already done our few at-home recommendations, we'd definitely recommend you suggest the xDSD in for servicing with your retailer! Apologies this is happening to it!

May 10, 2021 at 7:04 PM Post #2,349 of 2,505
Hi all,

I just received my replacement iFi xDSD after the old one carked it.

However, it won’t hold charge at all. It turns on when it’s plugged to a power source, but as soon as you unplug that source the whole thing dies. I’ve been charging it for 12 hours now.

While it’s plugged in it won’t pair with Bluetooth either.

Before I return it, is there something I’m missing with regard to charging? Could this be something to do with the battery being fully depleted (although after 12hrs I’d expect some charge)?

Any help would be appreciated!

Jul 7, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #2,350 of 2,505
There has been an update for the Tidal Android app. I now get this message
Screenshot_20210707-145533.png

when my xDSD is connected to my Motorola G7 phone. But if I select OK, Tidal crashes as soon as I try to play something.
Is anyone else having the same problem?

Jul 7, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #2,351 of 2,505
There has been an update for the Tidal Android app. I now get this messageScreenshot_20210707-145533.png
when my xDSD is connected to my Motorola G7 phone. But if I select OK, Tidal crashes as soon as I try to play something.
Is anyone else having the same problem?
At the beginning even if I accepted, no sound was coming from my xDSD but from the phone speaker, I had installed USB Audio Player Pro so I uninstalled it. Then tried again and now Tidal crashes too when I try to play something. I have a Huawei Mate 20 Pro. I even reinstalled Tidal but it is the same, it crashes.

Jul 7, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #2,352 of 2,505
At the beginning even if I accepted, no sound was coming from my xDSD but from the phone speaker, I had installed USB Audio Player Pro so I uninstalled it. Then tried again and now Tidal crashes too when I try to play something. I have a Huawei Mate 20 Pro. I even reinstalled Tidal but it is the same, it crashes.
I was going to try uninstalling UAPP, because one time I got a 'do you want to open UAPP?' message when Tidal crashed. But seeing as this did not work for you, I won't bother, thanks.
I did get get Tidal playing through my xDSD by clicking 'cancel', but there was no MQA. I think this Tidal update is supposed to enable bypass of Android resampling, allowing the use of MQA DACs with Android, like you can do with iOS.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2021 at 4:51 AM Post #2,353 of 2,505
I'm experiencing some weird battery problem on my xdsd. Battery life got significantly low. After full charge (white solid and off) it plays around 1hr and shut itself off (disconnecting from bluetooth and red flashing). But after few hours if i turn it on it shows again green indicator and plays around 30-40 min approx without charging again. Same thing happen again after few hours but reduce playback time. I'm confused weather its a battery problem or charging circuit? Already opened a ticket at ifi support but they stopped responding last two days.

Whats should i do?
Please help.

Jul 27, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #2,354 of 2,505
I'm experiencing some weird battery problem on my xdsd. Battery life got significantly low. After full charge (white solid and off) it plays around 1hr and shut itself off (disconnecting from bluetooth and red flashing). But after few hours if i turn it on it shows again green indicator and plays around 30-40 min approx without charging again. Same thing happen again after few hours but reduce playback time. I'm confused weather its a battery problem or charging circuit? Already opened a ticket at ifi support but they stopped responding last two days.

Whats should i do?
Please help.
How old is your xDSD? Those battery problems are common when the battery has reached its end of life. I hope iFi gives you the support as to be proud for their customer support. The best batteries my devices have had have last 6 years, but the common is 3 years.

Jul 27, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #2,355 of 2,505
How old is your xDSD? Those battery problems are common when the battery has reached its end of life. I hope iFi gives you the support as to be proud for their customer support. The best batteries my devices have had have last 6 years, but the common is 3 years.
My one purchased 2019. My usage is not much so its quite unfortunate to expect this problem so early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back