iFi audio xDSD- The Official Thread
Oct 27, 2021 at 2:19 AM Post #2,371 of 2,506
Hi.

Does anyone tried the ifi xdsd with focal celestee? And also with denon ah d7200,beyerdynamic amiron home,hifiman sundara and the power hungry modhouse argon t50rp mk3? I have the rme adi 2 fs,atrox v2,dragonfly black and fiio btr5.The rme and atrox are great combo,but only use them when im alone in the living room.Wich is not that often.So im looking for an power strong portable dac/amp i can use portable at home.The ifi xdsd is within my bugdet 😊 Does it work with samsung note 10 plus? 😊

Oct 27, 2021 at 2:59 AM Post #2,372 of 2,506
my xCAN drives my DT1770(same driver as Amiron) ok with SE output(same power as xDSD) (need 80% vol)

argon t50rp mk3, think they need more power than xDSD can deliver

Oct 27, 2021 at 4:23 AM Post #2,374 of 2,506
yes. I Like that combo. don`t use 3d or xbass.

only use xbass with my grados

Oct 29, 2021 at 1:50 AM Post #2,375 of 2,506
Posted this before somewhere but I'm gonna share this here too.

Let's just say...coming from Fiio Q1 MK1, I've never been grinning so much while listening things from iFi...

P_20211029_123925.jpg

P_20211029_180039_1.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #2,377 of 2,506
Hi. I'm having some issues with my new xDSD. It works fine when powered from USB-A to USB-C connection (for power), and via the blue USB cable from a computer, or via Bluetooth from my phone (iPhone 13). However, once I unplug the power, and try to run it from battery, there is no sound. The input light shows that it's connected to the phone and receiving audio (and the phone is able to pair with the xDSD), ditto when connected to a computer. So there's a signal, but no audio. If I plug in the external power, it works. For headphones, I'm using a Focal Celestee. What is it I'm doing wrong?

Nov 1, 2021 at 7:29 AM Post #2,378 of 2,506
Hi. I'm having some issues with my new xDSD. It works fine when powered from USB-A to USB-C connection (for power), and via the blue USB cable from a computer, or via Bluetooth from my phone (iPhone 13). However, once I unplug the power, and try to run it from battery, there is no sound. The input light shows that it's connected to the phone and receiving audio (and the phone is able to pair with the xDSD), ditto when connected to a computer. So there's a signal, but no audio. If I plug in the external power, it works. For headphones, I'm using a Focal Celestee. What is it I'm doing wrong?
Hi.This question has nothing to do with yours.Sorry for that :/ But i was wondering if you use xbass and 3d on the xdsd and celestee.And if it makes the bass/soundstage larger on the celestee 😊

Nov 3, 2021 at 4:08 AM Post #2,379 of 2,506
Hi.This question has nothing to do with yours.Sorry for that :/ But i was wondering if you use xbass and 3d on the xdsd and celestee.And if it makes the bass/soundstage larger on the celestee 😊
Hi! No worries. A quick disclaimer to my answer. I'm by no means an audiophile, which may sound (no pun intended) strange given the equipment I use. Call me an audiophile in training if you wish. I've come a long way from crappy gear, but if I'm being honest, I could probably not tell the difference between the Celestee and something lower-end, like a good $300-400 pair of headphones.

Given the above; this is my current setup:

MacBook Pro => Docking via USB-C, USB-A to xDSD (the blue cable supplied), and then the Celestee via the supplied unbalanced cable. The audio source right now is a mix of Spotify (which is where most of my playlists are at) - and Apple Music and Tidal. Depending on the music played, most often this gives me PCM 44/48/88/96kHz quality. I mainly listen to a mix of singer/songwriters like Emma Ruth Rundle, Chelsea Wolfe and the likes, more death metal bands like Amenra, My Dying Bride, Altar of Plagues etc., indie-/jazz pop like GDRN, and a bit classical music.

At any rate; with my current setup and the music I listen to; I can't really say that I'd be able to tell the difference between XBass+ on, and not. 3D+ on and off; well, maybe, there's a subtle difference, but not to the point that I, with my current setup and audiophile-level, would use this as a buy/don't buy point. YMMV though.

If anybody has suggestions as to the setup, feel free to comment on it.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2021 at 4:22 AM Post #2,380 of 2,506
2 nordmenn som sitter å skriver engelsk til hverandre? At dere gidder! :)

Xbass is nice with some AKG, Grados etc.
3d is often too much. Grado, beyerdynamic etc sound too shrill with 3D

Nov 3, 2021 at 6:43 PM Post #2,382 of 2,506
Hi! No worries. A quick disclaimer to my answer. I'm by no means an audiophile, which may sound (no pun intended) strange given the equipment I use. Call me an audiophile in training if you wish. I've come a long way from crappy gear, but if I'm being honest, I could probably not tell the difference between the Celestee and something lower-end, like a good $300-400 pair of headphones.

Given the above; this is my current setup:

MacBook Pro => Docking via USB-C, USB-A to xDSD (the blue cable supplied), and then the Celestee via the supplied unbalanced cable. The audio source right now is a mix of Spotify (which is where most of my playlists are at) - and Apple Music and Tidal. Depending on the music played, most often this gives me PCM 44/48/88/96kHz quality. I mainly listen to a mix of singer/songwriters like Emma Ruth Rundle, Chelsea Wolfe and the likes, more death metal bands like Amenra, My Dying Bride, Altar of Plagues etc., indie-/jazz pop like GDRN, and a bit classical music.

At any rate; with my current setup and the music I listen to; I can't really say that I'd be able to tell the difference between XBass+ on, and not. 3D+ on and off; well, maybe, there's a subtle difference, but not to the point that I, with my current setup and audiophile-level, would use this as a buy/don't buy point. YMMV though.

If anybody has suggestions as to the setup, feel free to comment on it.

You're off to a great start, everyone was an audiophile in training once upon a time and many of us still are learning new things day by day!

Hi bud, what color does the xDSD reflect when it is connected? Does it flash green or blue when you go into searching mode? Perhaps it accidently switched to the wrong mode.

The Celestee is already an excellent pairing with our xDSD, and if you fancy them the adjustments work great. The bass is more pronounced and impactful, and I think there is a slightly wide sense of stage when the xSpace is on.

A forum where everybody switches languages whenever they are talking to a fellow countryman, sounds great! :thinking:

Welcome to the fun!

Nov 4, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #2,384 of 2,506
What's up with iFi support? I want to replace the battery on my xDSD, they told me to send money by PayPal, but when I asked how much (the times now) they don't reply!

Please PM me your ticket # - thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back