iFi audio xDSD- The Official Thread
Apr 22, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #2,326 of 2,506
XBass works famously in Bluetooth mode, as does 3D+, but I can't say anything about it compared to the xCan.

Night and day difference if you're talking about sound in book :) they are different devices at heart.
See I've been good about buying toys and now you gotta say that... I wanna try the Grados with the Diablo sooooo bad...

Apr 22, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #2,327 of 2,506
XBass works famously in Bluetooth mode, as does 3D+, but I can't say anything about it compared to the xCan.

See I've been good about buying toys and now you gotta say that... I wanna try the Grados with the Diablo sooooo bad...

The Diablo is a fantastic pairing with my SR80es! Still on my personal bucket list to go back to the hemps and see how they scale.

Apr 23, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #2,328 of 2,506
The Diablo is a fantastic pairing with my SR80es! Still on my personal bucket list to go back to the hemps and see how they scale.
Hey Sebastien

Back to a small subject we touched on a week or so ago - regarding the impedance compatibility for the IEMatch/Earbuddy.

If you remember, I asked you whether there is any minimum recommended impedance for the IEMs, since a review satated it's 12.5 ohm, and whether me using such device with my 10ohm IEM would cause any issues/sound degradation/weird freq response - you said there is no minimum impedance.

However, accroding to the comparison chart on the ifi website when checking the iFi Ear Buddy/IEMatch details, we see the following:

1619193484151.png

So I find myself having to ask again for clarifications - is this specification from the ifi website correct? And if so, what are the exact (unwanted) effects that could happen when using it with a 10ohm impedance IEM?

THANKS!

Apr 23, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #2,329 of 2,506
Hey Sebastien

Back to a small subject we touched on a week or so ago - regarding the impedance compatibility for the IEMatch/Earbuddy.

If you remember, I asked you whether there is any minimum recommended impedance for the IEMs, since a review satated it's 12.5 ohm, and whether me using such device with my 10ohm IEM would cause any issues/sound degradation/weird freq response - you said there is no minimum impedance.

However, accroding to the comparison chart on the ifi website when checking the iFi Ear Buddy/IEMatch details, we see the following:

So I find myself having to ask again for clarifications - is this specification from the ifi website correct? And if so, what are the exact (unwanted) effects that could happen when using it with a 10ohm impedance IEM?

THANKS!

If using with a 10-ohm headphone, the attenuation will be -14.3dB or -24.7dB (depending on attenuation switch position).

Using a 10-ohm headphone is fine, just that the actual attenuation is different from that specified.

The same goes for the Odin or Dorado.

There are no "unwanted" or adverse effects from using IEMatch with a headphone under 12.5 ohm.

Hope that helps. No need to worry!

Last edited:
May 1, 2021 at 8:10 AM Post #2,331 of 2,506
Well, today the xDSD just stopped doing Bluetooth at all. It does not work whatsoever. I cannot find it with my phone, holding the button does not make it show up in pairing mode, nothing. I've unpaired it from the phone, restarted, turned the xDSD off and on a dozen times. It has completely stopped any kind of wireless functionality. If I hold the settings button, the blue/red flashing never happens. It literally just stopped existing in Bluetooth mode.

May 3, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #2,332 of 2,506
Is no interconnect better than a $500 cable? :)

Depends on who you are :wink:

Well, today the xDSD just stopped doing Bluetooth at all. It does not work whatsoever. I cannot find it with my phone, holding the button does not make it show up in pairing mode, nothing. I've unpaired it from the phone, restarted, turned the xDSD off and on a dozen times. It has completely stopped any kind of wireless functionality. If I hold the settings button, the blue/red flashing never happens. It literally just stopped existing in Bluetooth mode.

So sorry to hear this bud. Grab a support ticket here and we'll see how we can help you: https://support.ifi-audio.com/

Any chance you are still under warranty?

Did you also try holding the BT button for 3 seconds so it goes into force pairing mode?

May 3, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #2,333 of 2,506
So sorry to hear this bud. Grab a support ticket here and we'll see how we can help you: https://support.ifi-audio.com/

Any chance you are still under warranty?

Did you also try holding the BT button for 3 seconds so it goes into force pairing mode?

It's not under warranty, no. And yeah I've tried holding the button for much, much longer than 3 seconds to no avail. 😥

I'll open a ticket.

Last edited:
May 4, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #2,336 of 2,506
It's not under warranty, no. And yeah I've tried holding the button for much, much longer than 3 seconds to no avail. 😥

I'll open a ticket.

Can you PM me your ticket #? Thanks!

May 6, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #2,337 of 2,506
Got another odd one. The battery LED on the back is yellow now? The manual says white/green/red are the only colors it should be.
1620313765793.png

May 6, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #2,338 of 2,506
Got another odd one. The battery LED on the back is yellow now? The manual says white/green/red are the only colors it should be.

I checked in on this one for you. Haven't seen this before on the xDSD...as the ones you mentioned should be the only one you should be seeing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back