iFi audio Pro iDSD Signature and Pro iCAN Signature - The Pro range just got better!
Mar 28, 2022 at 4:55 AM Post #391 of 871
Greetings everyone!

Just wanted to hop in and report that the Audeze LCD-5 pairs extremely well with the wonderful Pro iCAN Signature.

No need for any apps or EQ; the XBass, 3D effect and the different Tubes modes will be more than enough to help you find your favorite sound signature. :beyersmile:

thank you for your feedback,,, I have the LCD-5 and may get a pro ican Signature tomorrow. :)

I have no budget for a Pro iDSD Sig, so I am considering pairing this with an SMSL d1se instead. Anyone, Is this ok?

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2022 at 6:32 AM Post #393 of 871
I'm using the iPRO DSD with an iCAN Signature. I'm finding that with Focal Stellia's I don't have much wiggle room on the volume control of the iCAN - it's pretty loud at around 8 o'clock. What output setting on the iPRO DSD is recommended for the two units in combination?

Mar 28, 2022 at 6:39 AM Post #394 of 871
Was not able to save up for the Pro IDSD Signature but got the former Pro IDSD which I am really happy with its pairing to Pro Ican Signature!

Definitely a step up to Neo.

Will just upgrade later to Ipower Elite and Supanova to further improve sound!

Really nice job @iFi audio

Is there any benefit from having both the iDSD and iCAN?
I realise the iCAN has features such as XBASS and 3D settings but from a straight amplifier only perspective with all the tweaks disabled, does the iCAN improve the sound over the iDSD as in integrated DAC+AMP when using the iDSD as DAC only feeding iCAN as amplifier?

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #395 of 871
Is there any benefit from having both the iDSD and iCAN?
I realise the iCAN has features such as XBASS and 3D settings but from a straight amplifier only perspective with all the tweaks disabled, does the iCAN improve the sound over the iDSD as in integrated DAC+AMP when using the iDSD as DAC only feeding iCAN as amplifier?
For me yes,

The Pro Ican Signature has fuller, smoother sound and slightly better separation than amp section of Pro IDSD alone.

Not sure about the case of Pro IDSD Signature though.

Mar 28, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #396 of 871
I use the LCD5 with the iFi PRO iDSD (non Sign version) and I do think that it is a great combination.

Thanks! And here I can only say that some of our customers are very happy with their LCD-5s driven directly from Pro iDSDs, so it seems that there is something special about that combo.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Mar 30, 2022 at 2:11 PM Post #397 of 871
I upgraded my Singxer SA1 to a IFI pro iCAN signature....have just started to burn in my ears with it. LCD-5 and this amp are said to be a perfect match. time will tell n' will get back in a week with feedback. I feed it with a tone 2 pro DAC and my other phones are Aargon T60 and Denon AH-D9200. my last upgrade consieration is to get a SMSL d1se DAC but I doubt it will improve sound more than what I get now.
ifi.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2022 at 4:45 PM Post #399 of 871
,,, but, I am disappointed at ifi quality and QC.
I received the box damaged with a patch tape, and the brass label is missing on the unit that was in the box despite the picture with the brass label on the amp.
image832.png

Where did you buy it from? I’ve gotten retaped and damaged boxes of iFi products multiple times when ordering from Amazon.

I’m sure @iFi audio would be willing to send you a new stick-on badge, but I’d be extra careful and check the serial number with them to make sure you got a genuine signature unit and not a repackaged original version.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2022 at 5:13 PM Post #400 of 871
I received the box damaged with a patch tape, and the brass label is missing on the unit that was in the box despite the picture with the brass label on the amp.
image832.png
The packaging was super tight on mine and it would be easy to rip it. That with the missing badge I’d guess it’s been opened and repackaged

Mar 30, 2022 at 5:26 PM Post #401 of 871
image832.png
Are the surround of the volume and input selection gold? I'd check that out with iFi, seems strange.

Mar 30, 2022 at 5:29 PM Post #402 of 871
image832.png

https://support.ifi-audio.com/

Where did you buy it from? I’ve gotten retaped and damaged boxes of iFi products multiple times when ordering from Amazon.

I’m sure @iFi audio would be willing to send you a new stick-on badge, but I’d be extra careful and check the serial number with them to make sure you got a genuine signature unit and not a repackaged original version.

We'll see what we can do to help!

Mar 30, 2022 at 9:09 PM Post #403 of 871
I have a tiny DAC, a tone 2 pro that feeds into this amp. Can I do better? Since Griffin xDSD has the same DAC as in the Pro iDSD signature, will it sound almost as good if I use that one as a DAC instead of the pro iDSD, or are there any other good DACs around USD 600 that you may recommend as DAC to the pro iCAN?

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2022 at 1:00 AM Post #404 of 871
image832.png
Same here, received mine also without the emblem signature.

Luckily, the store where I bought mine was able to request for one from Ifi.

Mar 31, 2022 at 1:01 AM Post #405 of 871
I have a tiny DAC, a tone 2 pro that feeds into this amp. Can I do better? Since Griffin xDSD has the same DAC as in the Pro iDSD signature, will it sound almost as good if I use that one as a DAC instead of the pro iDSD, or are there any other good DACs around USD 600 that you may recommend as DAC to the pro iCAN?
Neo Idsd has very good pairing with the Ican especially after the firmware update where you can select filter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back