iFi audio Pro iDSD (Official) - NEW Firmware - MQA and more.
Mar 15, 2022 at 4:17 PM Post #2,012 of 2,185

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2022 at 12:44 AM Post #2,013 of 2,185
Considering it's an OLED display, always-on will probably affect it because of the specific technology burn-in issues.

Mar 17, 2022 at 7:24 AM Post #2,015 of 2,185
Really happy with this pairing!

So detailed and clean, yet very musical and smooth.
pro dsd.jpg

Mar 18, 2022 at 9:03 AM Post #2,016 of 2,185

So detailed and clean, yet very musical and smooth.pro dsd.jpg
I have the same pairing and its indeed very good. The Soekris 2541 is as good and may be better to some....I switch between both every few weeks...I think the Soekris from a sound perspective to my ears and my headphones is the winner by a small lead...

Mar 19, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #2,017 of 2,185

Have the same pair in the “old” version, but I am sooo happy🤪 Don’t want to hear what is improved….

Mar 19, 2022 at 2:42 PM Post #2,018 of 2,185
Have the same pair in the “old” version, but I am sooo happy🤪 Don’t want to hear what is improved….
Old pairing is still very good :)

Mar 21, 2022 at 2:08 AM Post #2,021 of 2,185

Thanks very much! Appreciate the love :) What's your favorite headphone to pair with it?

Mar 21, 2022 at 7:09 AM Post #2,022 of 2,185
Thanks very much! Appreciate the love :) What's your favorite headphone to pair with it?
From my personal collection, everything can sound amazing because of how you can tweak sound with tubes/filters/xbass.

From the headphone store which I was able to demo with almost same setup(amplifier was pro ican and not signature one), Meze Empyrean and Hifiman Susvara had a very good pairing with the ifi pro stack :)

Apr 4, 2022 at 5:11 PM Post #2,023 of 2,185
Wowsers, that noise sounds like electrical issues. I’m no expert, but maybe @iFi audio or @Sebastien Chiu has some ideas?

If the noise only occurs in tube or tube+ mode, I’d suspect the tubes themselves. If you open up the units, you could switch out the tubes and also find out if there’s any dust or other build-up inside the unit or the tube sockets.

To paraphrase a favorite movie quote, "let's not start scratching each others' backs just quite yet" but I did get a chance to swap out the tubes and it appears that the problem may have been with stock tubes. I had purchased a pair of WE 396A for this unit anyway, so if that's the case, I hope I'm fine. I've been listening on Tube+ all day and have not had the problem crop up yet.

Onward and upward (hopefully).

Looking to the future, I also posted this in the iCAN thread: If a guy gets the iPower Elite (15v as mentioned earlier in the thread) and connects it to the iDSD Pro first, where do you get the "daisy chain" cable that goes from the output of the iDSD Pro to the iCAN Pro? In the picture on Amazon, it doesn't look like it comes with that cable by default...

Apr 8, 2022 at 1:04 PM Post #2,024 of 2,185
To paraphrase a favorite movie quote, "let's not start scratching each others' backs just quite yet" but I did get a chance to swap out the tubes and it appears that the problem may have been with stock tubes. I had purchased a pair of WE 396A for this unit anyway, so if that's the case, I hope I'm fine. I've been listening on Tube+ all day and have not had the problem crop up yet.

Onward and upward (hopefully).

Looking to the future, I also posted this in the iCAN thread: If a guy gets the iPower Elite (15v as mentioned earlier in the thread) and connects it to the iDSD Pro first, where do you get the "daisy chain" cable that goes from the output of the iDSD Pro to the iCAN Pro? In the picture on Amazon, it doesn't look like it comes with that cable by default...
I bought this:
https://www.thomann.de/gb/ebs_ebs_dc2_90f_flat_daisy_chain.htm
It works fine. Have been in doubt though, if the quality matters. I use the standard power supply to the pro ids and the the daisy to the ICAN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back