iFi Audio Pro iDSD discussion thread
Jan 22, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #1,922 of 3,456
Thank you for all of your comments on my questions.

I was thinking to use iDSD Pro's volume as an attenuator and use iCan Pro's volume as a main volume with the remote (as iCan's volume never goes above 9 O'clock position for my system), but if the remote signal is the same for both my plan fails.... maybe only to close physically to cover the IR receiver. It would be nice if you make a cool official cover for this purpose.

Thank you,

Yes, the remote is the same for both devices and yes, it will control both of their volume controls, IF these are enabled.

Of course there's no point in having two volume controls active. Simply set Pro iDSD to fixed line-out (HiFi). Then the signal bypasees completely its volume control module and Pro iCAN's volume control can be used instead.

We don't comment other peoples' work, that's one of our principles.

In case of nano iDSD BL, the MQA beta firmware currently upsamples non-MQA streams to 8x PCM via a filter of our specification.

In case of Pro iDSD, anything non-MQA will not pass through MQA upsampling and that's it.

No, we don't consider it. If one doesn't like MQA, s/he shouldn't use it.

It's been known for a good while now:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ifi-audio-pro-idsd-the-official-thread.869144/

Mar 1, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #1,924 of 3,456
bonjour, actuellement j'ai aussi le ifi pro ican, j'attends le ifi pro iDSD, pour le comparer à mon dac T+A dac8, ma question, est ce que si l'on place le curseur en position 0 db ou 9 db ou 18 db l'augmentation de la puissance ne dégrade t il pas le signal, serait il possible de connaitre le fonctionnement interne des amplis, y a t il 3 amplis à l’intérieure des boîtiers qui permet la demande de puissance, merci
Tony

Mar 2, 2018 at 12:37 AM Post #1,925 of 3,456
English please. Or use an online translator.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2018 at 1:31 AM Post #1,926 of 3,456
English please. Or use an online translator.

hello, I also have the ifi pro ican, I'm waiting for the ifi pro iDSD, to compare it to my dac T + A dac8, my question, is that if we place the cursor in position 0 db or 9 db or 18 db the increase in power does not degrade the signal, would be possible to know the internal operation of the amps, are there 3 amps inside the boxes that allows the demand for power, thank you
Tony

Mar 2, 2018 at 1:37 AM Post #1,928 of 3,456
hello, I also have the ifi pro ican, I'm waiting for the ifi pro iDSD, to compare it to my dac T + A dac8, my question, is that if we place the cursor in position 0 db or 9 db or 18 db the increase in power does not degrade the signal, would be possible to know the internal operation of the amps, are there 3 amps inside the boxes that allows the demand for power, thank you
Tony

Mar 2, 2018 at 1:40 AM Post #1,929 of 3,456
[QUOTE = "Katie88, poste: 14077628, membre: 486070"] C'est un français assez basique, mais si vous ne comprenez pas le français, vous pouvez vous-même utiliser un traducteur en ligne. Je viens de vérifier google translate et la traduction est exacte. [/ QUOTE]
merci, merci,.....

Mar 2, 2018 at 3:03 AM Post #1,930 of 3,456
Hi tonyo442

For the iDSD Pro and iCAN Pro we use circuitry that keeps a constant feedback factor with varying gain so for the same output voltage and load adjusting effectively changes only the volume control position.

Best wishes

iFi audio team

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Mar 2, 2018 at 3:19 AM Post #1,931 of 3,456
It’s quite basic French, but I f you don’t understand French, you can use an online translator yourself. I just checked google translate and the translation is accurate.

Sorry Bud, but he could use the online translator in the first place and save us the hassle.

Which he just did (I think). Thank you!

Mar 2, 2018 at 4:33 AM Post #1,932 of 3,456
Sorry Bud, but he could use the online translator in the first place and save us the hassle.

It never ceases to amaze (and embarrass) me how, not withstanding the fact English is only the 3rd most spoken language in the world, many of it’s native speakers have the arrogance to rebuke others when they don’t automatically express themselves in English.

I’ve never found this to be the case with Chinese or Spanish speakers.

Mar 2, 2018 at 5:27 AM Post #1,933 of 3,456
Mar 2, 2018 at 8:53 AM Post #1,935 of 3,456
Hi tonyo442

For the iDSD Pro and iCAN Pro we use circuitry that keeps a constant feedback factor with varying gain so for the same output voltage and load adjusting effectively changes only the volume control position.

Best wishes

iFi audio team

Hi IFI team, I am pretty sure that running the unit high gain vs low gain will introduce some signal distortion (and higher snr), regardless of the op-amp used - how much of that will be audible? I am not sure, someone with an oscilloscope can measure the distortion. You probably need op - amp data sheet for the IFI unit in question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back