iFi audio NEO iDSD - The Performance Edition is here! (INFO: Post 837, Page 56)
Apr 28, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #737 of 1,148
For your desktop amps, the price gap between your ZEN CAN Signature to Pro iCAN is crazy lol. Massive hole to fill there methinks so I purchased a Gustard H16 instead :grimacing:

All good, enjoy the heck out of this setup :sunglasses:

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
May 2, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #738 of 1,148
May 2, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #739 of 1,148
Sorry @iFi audio but I got tired of waiting for you guys to bring out a NEO iCAN or equivalent.

For your desktop amps, the price gap between your ZEN CAN Signature to Pro iCAN is crazy lol. Massive hole to fill there methinks so I purchased a Gustard H16 instead :grimacing:

Nice synergy with my NEO tho

Low Res IMG9844.JPG

Low Res IMG9843.JPG
Exactly! A NEO iCAN is really missing from iFi's range. This way I won't have to ditch iGalvanic and iUSB3.0 because of upgrading to Pro series. And it would be awesome to see a Black Label/Signature version of NEO iDSD + iCAN stack!

May 2, 2021 at 6:42 PM Post #740 of 1,148
with the Neo I can't mute the sound on windows any more. The sound is still playing.

With my Ifi Nano Black Label I was able to mute the sound. Is there a way I can achieve this with the neo?

neo_mute.PNG

May 3, 2021 at 5:02 AM Post #741 of 1,148
Just saw this in the iFi Download Hub along with the 1.35 firmware (but no longer the older firmware). Anyone know what this is about? I thought we were going to be given options on firmware as advertised in the first post of this thread.

NEO iDSD – Firmware 3.18

Release date: April 01, 2021
This download is for: macOS, Windows
Currently unavailable

May 3, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #742 of 1,148
Exactly! A NEO iCAN is really missing from iFi's range. This way I won't have to ditch iGalvanic and iUSB3.0 because of upgrading to Pro series. And it would be awesome to see a Black Label/Signature version of NEO iDSD + iCAN stack!

We're always listening so you never know what could be coming down the line! Unfortunately we can't confirm or deny anything until stuff is launched.

with the Neo I can't mute the sound on windows any more. The sound is still playing.

With my Ifi Nano Black Label I was able to mute the sound. Is there a way I can achieve this with the neo?

Do you not want to use the analogue volume on the Neo to mute?

Just saw this in the iFi Download Hub along with the 1.35 firmware (but no longer the older firmware). Anyone know what this is about? I thought we were going to be given options on firmware as advertised in the first post of this thread.

NEO iDSD – Firmware 3.18

Release date: April 01, 2021
This download is for: macOS, Windows
Currently unavailable

I'll check in with the team on this and get back to you!

May 4, 2021 at 4:24 AM Post #743 of 1,148
When I play music from my Desktop PC with Amazon Music Application installed and the following settings, my Neo shows PCM 48 kHz.

When I play the same song from my mobile phone with the app and connected with bluetooth, my Neo shows PCM 96 kHz.

Can anyone help me?

amazon1.PNG

amazon2.PNG

May 4, 2021 at 8:08 AM Post #744 of 1,148
When I play music from my Desktop PC with Amazon Music Application installed and the following settings, my Neo shows PCM 48 kHz.

When I play the same song from my mobile phone with the app and connected with bluetooth, my Neo shows PCM 96 kHz.

Can anyone help me?
The trick is to set Exclusive Mode "On" in your Amazon Music App.. works for me but Im using Mac

May 4, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #746 of 1,148
Sorry I didn't meantion this but exclusive mode is of course set. Doesn't solve my problem
Amazon's "exclusive mode" toggle in the Windows app does not work the way you might expect and I do not believe you get bitperfect playback via the Amazon app in Windows . It seems to block sounds from other apps but it still gets resampled by Windows. You are getting 48khz because you have the sample rate set to 48khz in Sound Settings (in Windows search for "sound settings" and select the Neo --> Device Properties --> Additional .device properties --> Advanced tab --> Default Format drop-down --> select sample rate of source content).

This is not an issue specific to the Neo and I think all USB DACs may have this issue when used with Amazon Music on Windows. Other services like Qobuz actually bypass Windows so their Exclusive Mode actually works. People have been asking Amazon to fix this since they launched the Amazon Music HD service but they gave us a half-baked (and, in my opinion, very misleading) exclusive mode switch instead.

Note, this is also an issue for Android phones with Amazon (resampled to 48khz unless you use something like UAPP, which does not work with Amazon). I don't think bluetooth is bitperfect either given the limited bandwidth.

Last edited:
May 18, 2021 at 11:00 PM Post #747 of 1,148
Although @Sebastien Chiu and me do our best to help everyone in need of assistance, our STS line is the suggested go-to place for a reason. Girls and guys who handle support tickets have seen dozens of issues both me or Seb haven't, and they work closely with our R&D. That's why anyone able to sort you out among our staff is our STS :)

For now the GTO is the only one we have :)
Here is the legit reason why the GTO filter should not at all be the only one iFi has (start watching at 27:44):

There needs to be a bit perfect option.

Last edited:
May 20, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #750 of 1,148
I sent my Neo back to the reseller. Didnt get a feedback here and it was a no go for me to not be able to mute the unit.

We understand - what did you move on to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back