iFi Audio Nano iDSD discussion + impression
Sep 7, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #1,441 of 2,063
Hi everyone this is first for me posted and I not good in English please accept my apologize.

This is time to choose between Micro iDAC and Nano iDSD. I want to config to my HiFi system only and almost is PCM material that I have. what model shall match to me? thank you.

If I were you, I would go for Nano iDSD. I would rather have the option to be able to play DSD files for the future.
And also, iDAC kinda lacks the connectivity.

Sep 8, 2015 at 5:47 AM Post #1,445 of 2,063
Sep 8, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #1,447 of 2,063
Sep 8, 2015 at 8:41 AM Post #1,450 of 2,063
A
I heard that nano iDSD had lineout issue due to 3.5mm phone acts as switch to cut off lineout signal when plugged 3.5mm male. Anyone got this issue? and how to fix it?

And sometimes sound drop and broken. When insert 3.5mm male twice a time this issue come back as normal. And this issue happen again for twice a day.

Sep 8, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #1,451 of 2,063
A
I heard that nano iDSD had lineout issue due to 3.5mm phone acts as switch to cut off lineout signal when plugged 3.5mm male. Anyone got this issue? and how to fix it?

And sometimes sound drop and broken. When insert 3.5mm male twice a time this issue come back as normal. And this issue happen again for twice a day.

You said you only want to use this in your hifi system.

Will you use headphones?

Does your hifi system have a headphone socket?

Sep 8, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #1,453 of 2,063
You said you only want to use this in your hifi system.

Will you use headphones?

Does your hifi system have a headphone socket?

Yes, I only use in my HiFi system and connected my B&W P7 on NAD 356BBE'S Phone out.

Then any problem that might arise with the headphone socket will not trouble you because you will not be using it.

Sep 8, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #1,454 of 2,063
Then any problem that might arise with the headphone socket will not trouble you because you will not be using it.

Inside phone socket of Nano have switch function to cut lineout signal when you insert 3.5mm male and reconnect lineout when you remove 3.5mm male. The switch mechanism sometimes lack or poor contact them impact to lineout sound quality.

Sep 8, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #1,455 of 2,063

Inside phone socket of Nano have switch function to cut lineout signal when you insert 3.5mm male and reconnect lineout when you remove 3.5mm male. The switch mechanism sometimes lack or poor contact them impact to lineout sound quality.

Yes... but if you do not use that socket then there will be no problem with the switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back