iFi Audio nano iDSD Black Label (TOUR details - PAGE 12 / TOUR participants - page 26 post #386)
Dec 2, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #421 of 1,008
I've just tried the 'Direct' output and I don't know if I'm imagining it but it sounds more open. Hard to compare because of changing the volume each time you swap, but it does sound that way....
This is sounding really good!

Dec 2, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #422 of 1,008
I think the IEMatch is perhaps a little recessed in the mids but they are so close its hard to call!

Dec 2, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #424 of 1,008
:wink: Brilliant isn't it. We will forgive you the mistake about the bag. I didn't realise either. (don't tell anybody)
I have the micro BL and it has the hole in the bag too. And I assumed it was a flaw as well.

Dec 3, 2017 at 3:08 AM Post #425 of 1,008
Read your review and I agree that the Nano BL does seems to have a strong bass presence.
thanks. Reread that sectiom and realised there was a word missing. I didnt mean to say i didn't like the enhanced bass, kust that i noticed it! Will have to fire my sub editor, but corrected now :)

Dec 3, 2017 at 3:26 AM Post #426 of 1,008
I have the micro BL and it has the hole in the bag too. And I assumed it was a flaw as well.
I've added an update to my review on this, ill drop ifi a line too :)

Dec 3, 2017 at 6:16 AM Post #427 of 1,008
thanks. Reread that sectiom and realised there was a word missing. I didnt mean to say i didn't like the enhanced bass, kust that i noticed it! Will have to fire my sub editor, but corrected now :)
Not a issue but I noticed the bass specifically with orchestral bass and double bass with slow bowing playing. The Nano BL is on the warm side of neutral. The mids have a fuller rich sound as compare to my Sabre DAC. The Nano BL is far better than the Silver Nano I owned and like it better than my previously silver iDSD.

Dec 3, 2017 at 6:25 AM Post #428 of 1,008
Not a issue but I noticed the bass specifically with orchestral bass and double bass with slow bowing playing. The Nano BL is on the warm side of neutral. The mids have a fuller rich sound as compare to my Sabre DAC. The Nano BL is far better than the Silver Nano I owned and like it better than my previously silver iDSD.
Agree completely on the bass, but i have to say i actually really like the sound, esp with my SE425s. Cant comment on those other devices, but it is subtly noticable v the schiit modi 2. Pleased to see somebody else has noticed this - for me it is not a criticism and, as i say, it's a winner for me. Ive got to work in london tomorrow and am really looking forwards to my train ride because ill get an hour and a half uninterrupted with the Nano BL :)

Dec 3, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #429 of 1,008
Oh dear me, this wasn't in the script!
Just been trying out the Nano BL and comparing it to my ifi Audio "stack" of iDSD/iCANSE/iUSB and all the cables using Tidal HiFi from my PC. Its a win for the stack but by a rather slim margin. In fact I changed up from my Meze 99s to HD800s to be sure what I was hearing. Now listening to hi res stuff from my iPhone direct into the Nano BL and its unreasonably good.

I will try again tomorrow and after a nights sleep as right now I am just enjoying the damn music!!!

Dec 3, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #430 of 1,008
Just been trying out the Nano BL and comparing it to my ifi Audio "stack" of iDSD/iCANSE/iUSB and all the cables using Tidal HiFi from my PC. Its a win for the stack but by a rather slim margin. In fact I changed up from my Meze 99s to HD800s to be sure what I was hearing. Now listening to hi res stuff from my iPhone direct into the Nano BL and its unreasonably good.

I will try again tomorrow and after a nights sleep as right now I am just enjoying the damn music!!!

So, would you say the Nano BL sounds significantly better than your iDSD in your stack?

Dec 3, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #431 of 1,008

This sounds rather unbelievable, if I may say so!

I haven't heard the Nano yet, but I'm sure it will be impressive, although I don't know if it will be this impressive.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #433 of 1,008
So, would you say the Nano BL sounds significantly better than your iDSD in your stack?
As I say its not better than the stack but pretty darned close. I am going to do some more listening tomorrow and see what that yields. I haven't tried the iDSD by itself against the Nano but I will do that also tomorrow.

Dec 3, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #434 of 1,008

I haven't heard the Nano yet, but I'm sure it will be impressibe, although I don't know if it will be this impressive.

I haven't heard the Nano yet, but I'm sure it will be impressibe, although I don't know if it will be this impressive.
As I noted this is just a first listen so will get more time with it all tomorrow, but I was surprised certainly. Oh and of course you may say whatever you want.

Dec 3, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #435 of 1,008
As I say its not better than the stack but pretty darned close. I am going to do some more listening tomorrow and see what that yields. I haven't tried the iDSD by itself against the Nano but I will do that also tomorrow.

Fantastic. Been curious if it's an audio upgrade, with the added benefit of taking it OTG with my iPod touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back