iFi audio iPower X - The Official Thread
Dec 6, 2023 at 9:22 PM Post #481 of 505
@iFi audio I received an iPowerX today with plans to use it with my Schiit Lokius. I plugged it in and zero power. I thought based on the limited information I could about the power requirements that the 15V version would work. Is there something maybe I'm missing?
I do not own a Lokius. Just looked on the Schitt Lokius product page and it says requires a 14-16VAC transformer. Is the iPower X 15 volt output DC or AC?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Dec 6, 2023 at 11:34 PM Post #483 of 505
Dec 7, 2023 at 5:01 AM Post #484 of 505
I will certainly pass along your compliments to the Chef! :xf_wink:

Thanks!

Cheers!!
Note:
- Can’t get the quote function to work, sorry. My post should be seen in conjunction with user ‘presense’s posts and findings on the missing ground in ifi elite on previous pages.

What about current users ifi?!!! I have two elites! Making that kind of fix for future elites proves that the product was flawed to begin with.

Ifi, You need to address this and tell us what’s changed and why and are the new elite products coming out safer and / or better at handling noise in any way ?

I do apologize for being a bit direct but my patience with the current ifi company is at a low point. Zen stream ain’t working consistently, software is a mess. And dropping by the new ‘improved and mighty powerful’ Diablo 2s thread isn’t encouraging either…

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024 at 6:18 AM Post #486 of 505
I'm thinking about getting one of these (5v version) but it would be to power a device with a USB B (the square one) socket and I can't find a suitable adapter. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024 at 7:13 PM Post #489 of 505
Thanks for your replies, it's a Waxwing (https://parksaudiollc.com), a new phono front end/ADC that replaces the Puffin. As you can see in the picture, it is poweered by 5v DC from a normal wall wart so I'm hoping the clean supply from an iPowerX will get the best from it but I've searched Ebay and Amazon and can't find a round DC socket (to connect to the iPower) to USB-B adaptor. I've got the socket and can cut a USB-B cable and make it work if necessary but it'll be easier to just buy a ready made one if such a thing is available.

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    425.5 KB · Views: 0
Jan 2, 2024 at 7:23 PM Post #490 of 505
. . . have never seen a USB-B DC input. Once had a [Topping E50] DAC with, I believe, a micro-USB (B) DC input and got the Topping P50 linear power supply which had an option for a micro-USB out . . .

Thank you for the photo.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024 at 7:40 PM Post #492 of 505
Looks like the 5v Elite comes with a pair of USB adapters:

Looks like a USB-A(?) and a USB-C [or is it a micro-B] adapter?
Micro and C yes.

Elite has an “analog” sound to it. It may not suit all needs. However iPower X is more neutral, softer and non-intrusive or aggressiv vs Elite.

I prefere Elite mostly on non-audio devices like NAS, Router or switches.

Jan 2, 2024 at 7:44 PM Post #494 of 505
Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024 at 7:59 PM Post #495 of 505

Users who are viewing this thread

Back