iFi audio iPower X - The Official Thread
May 15, 2024 at 4:58 PM Post #511 of 513
Feedback to iFi Audio

Make a more audiophile/luxury version of this powersupply. Better, braided/sleeved cable. Remove the big light/LED and put the money into better cable.

This SMPS is such an elegant sound on my Cisco CBS220 switch right now.

I think this power supply goes well with FMC because of the clean and elegant sound signature.
A better cable would be great. I don't know why they made it so thin this time. The iPower 2 has a really nice thick cable.

Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 6:38 PM Post #512 of 513
Maybe LED/Light is the secret to the sound of this powersupply! - who knows!?

Atleast better cables could be improved

May 15, 2024 at 7:17 PM Post #513 of 513
Maybe LED/Light is the secret to the sound of this powersupply!

Nope, just certain Asian's like blue lights. Had I had a say I would have at least used a very warm orange....

who knows!?

I do.

Atleast better cables could be improved

Absolutelty. Plug too.

The PSU itself has milliohm level output impedance (and microvolt level noise), other than current limiting if power drawn exceeds ~12VA, the output impedance literally is the Cable and Plug/Socket and noise is most likely either common mode mains leakage mandated by EMC legistlation and/or noise picked up by the cable acting as antennae.

So a heavy gauge Coax Cable, like it was used on the original iPowers (for good reasons) is de rigeur. Or twin and shield with substantial gauge.

The DC plug/socket pretty much sux.

Much better DC plugs & sockets that are not much larger exist. I like XT90, which are rated at 90A and 0.0003 Ohm (0.3 mOhm) contact resistance.

Thor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back