iFi audio iPower X - The Official Thread
Jul 13, 2022 at 12:29 PM Post #391 of 505
Jul 13, 2022 at 12:49 PM Post #392 of 505
Jul 13, 2022 at 12:58 PM Post #393 of 505
What is the component you are using the power cord on?
Well...right now the computwr to burn it in...im planning on 3 chords and the denefrips bic500 power conditioner...the other 2 chords will go on the dac and one on the amp

Jul 14, 2022 at 5:10 PM Post #394 of 505
So just to see, I put the Odin2 on the dac and then the amp and even before burn in I can perceive greater resolution and clarity as well as a more extended and planted bass with better body. I'm only a few songs in but the cord seems better on the amp instead of the dac...but the ares ii dac has a built in power supply on its own, dont get me wrong the ares sounded great on the power cord, but the Jot2 just improves more in my opinion. The overall sound is a bit more musical and engaging when the cord is on the Jot2...interesting! I'll order the bic500 in a week or 2 and order another 2 power cables and just burn them in 1 by 1. I'm still shoked how massive this thing is! It's a beast!

cord.jpg

Jul 14, 2022 at 5:45 PM Post #395 of 505
So just to see, I put the Odin2 on the dac and then the amp and even before burn in I can perceive greater resolution and clarity as well as a more extended and planted bass with better body. I'm only a few songs in but the cord seems better on the amp instead of the dac...but the ares ii dac has a built in power supply on its own, dont get me wrong the ares sounded great on the power cord, but the Jot2 just improves more in my opinion. The overall sound is a bit more musical and engaging when the cord is on the Jot2...interesting! I'll order the bic500 in a week or 2 and order another 2 power cables and just burn them in 1 by 1. I'm still shoked how massive this thing is! It's a beast!

cord.jpg
Wait until after burn in, you will be in for a pleasant surprise. If you are getting two more I recommend for one of them you get a Odin Gold, basically the gold version of what you have. The gold version offers a bit warmer and more musical presentation. This is what I am experiencing so far while burning in the Odin Gold cable.

Jul 14, 2022 at 5:50 PM Post #396 of 505
Szore, when I get home later I will forward you to a link to a head-fi thread where we are discussing this and I am sharing burn-in experience with the Odin Gold power cable. Also the tweaks I have done to the cables. This may interest you.

Jul 14, 2022 at 5:50 PM Post #397 of 505
Wait until after burn in, you will be in for a pleasant surprise. If you are getting two more I recommend for one of them you get a Odin Gold, basically the gold version of what you have. The gold version offers a bit warmer and more musical presentation. This is what I am experiencing so far while burning in the Odin Gold cable.
Ah, I ordered them already...maybe I'll get a gold for the PC....

Jul 14, 2022 at 9:19 PM Post #398 of 505
Oct 18, 2022 at 6:29 AM Post #399 of 505
Anyone here that can verify if the ifi elite needs burnin?

I have noticed compared to X model, that the elite has a more dark tonality. Boost in the lowends, but it slightly darkens the mids and up. Not sounding like a "veil" but more "warm".

The X model is very pure and natural sounding on diablo. I will try to see how it goes on my JCAT card, if it is the same.

Oct 18, 2022 at 7:16 AM Post #400 of 505
Anyone here that can verify if the ifi elite needs burnin?

I have noticed compared to X model, that the elite has a more dark tonality. Boost in the lowends, but it slightly darkens the mids and up. Not sounding like a "veil" but more "warm".

The X model is very pure and natural sounding on diablo. I will try to see how it goes on my JCAT card, if it is the same.
I didn't notice any difference even after 2 months with my ipower elite which I bought for my pro idsd.

I have different experience with you though because mine seemed to brighten up the setup.

After adding ac purifiers though, it retains the benefits of the ipower elite(details and tighter bass) while smoothening up the treble.

Dec 5, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #401 of 505
Bought the X today, everything suddenly is "brighter"? It's interesting, the amount of upper freqs doesn't change, but the X reveals some clarity up top, plus a lot of surprising textural decay. I can hear the X makes my set up craving for some upgrades in signal chains, and it also makes me realize how noticeable is my tinnitus is when headphones switching, oops. Maybe I'll consider some more ifi stuff.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2022 at 11:51 AM Post #402 of 505
Bought the X today, everything suddenly is "brighter"? It's interesting, the amount of upper freqs doesn't change, but the X reveals some clarity up top, plus a lot of surprising textural decay. I can hear the X makes my set up craving for some upgrades in signal chains, and it also makes me realize how noticeable is my tinnitus is when headphones switching, oops. Maybe I'll consider some more ifi stuff.
Good to hear you have some benefits! The improvements you hear are system dependable, I think. I have two of them; one for my Chord Qutest DAC and one for my EtherREGEN audio switch. Honestly: I can't hear any difference but my ears are quite old.

Dec 5, 2022 at 11:54 AM Post #403 of 505
but the X reveals some clarity up top, plus a lot of surprising textural decay.

Exactly. The cleaner a power feed is, the finer and easier to distinguish upper registers become, but without increasing their amount. Thanks!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Dec 5, 2022 at 11:57 AM Post #404 of 505
Good to hear you have some benefits! The improvements you hear are system dependable, I think. I have two of them; one for my Chord Qutest DAC and one for my EtherREGEN audio switch. Honestly: I can't hear any difference but my ears are quite old.
Yeah, I just plug the X straight to the wall, wondering how much more the X would reveal if I buy some ifi purifier stuff and better cables ofc...So far so good. I like the aesthetic tho.

Dec 6, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #405 of 505
Secret sauce on a more musical chain with lots of details is the AC Purifier. I am previously using just a chinese power conditioner before having the ipowerstation, but with the addition of AC purifier, it is almost as good as ifi powerstation that doesn't have extra ac purifiers and has lower total cost.

I suggest to have 2 AC Purifiers; 1 plugged on the outlet and 1 to separate your digital and analog equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back