iFi Audio iOne official thread - There can be only one!
Apr 9, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #76 of 454
I am positively shocked by these news and an ifi fan from now on. Before i consider buying any audio product i will check ifi products first.

My dealer agreed to the exchange and asked me to return mine but does not have the new model in stock yet so i am thinking to return it when he has it in stock in order not to be without it for a long time. I hope this is a reasonable request and ok with ifi audio.

My understanding is that the 5v power supply included in the extended range model is not an ipower but a normal one. I would be so happy if it was an ipower version since the ipower is such an excellent power source.

I would be also grateful if ifi could include all these useful adapters in the box like the usb hubs discussed above or the usb adapter needed for the ipower. It was a cheap adapter but a hassle to find for me . In the ipurifier box i found several useful adapters and cables that would be very difficult to find otherwise.

In the very future I hope you will be able to combine some of your products together. For example, I would love to have a device from you that combines the abilities of ione and itube2 obviously at higher (reasonably) price. Is not the cost i am trying to avoid but the clutter around my amp, two RCA cables etc. Of course, ione is such a device that combines so many functionalities so you are definitely in the right direction.

In my case, both ione (wired version) and ipurifier were the devices that made an significant improvement in my system comparable only to when i changed my amplifier from a crappy home receiver to my budget but more than decent marantz.

I tested ione in my friend's 5000 audiophile system and sounds incredible too.

I am looking forward to the new version. Thank you ifi audio.

Apr 10, 2017 at 8:53 AM Post #77 of 454
I am positively shocked by these news and an ifi fan from now on. Before i consider buying any audio product i will check ifi products first.

My dealer agreed to the exchange and asked me to return mine but does not have the new model in stock yet so i am thinking to return it when he has it in stock in order not to be without it for a long time. I hope this is a reasonable request and ok with ifi audio.

My understanding is that the 5v power supply included in the extended range model is not an ipower but a normal one. I would be so happy if it was an ipower version since the ipower is such an excellent power source.

I would be also grateful if ifi could include all these useful adapters in the box like the usb hubs discussed above or the usb adapter needed for the ipower. It was a cheap adapter but a hassle to find for me . In the ipurifier box i found several useful adapters and cables that would be very difficult to find otherwise.

In the very future I hope you will be able to combine some of your products together. For example, I would love to have a device from you that combines the abilities of ione and itube2 obviously at higher (reasonably) price. Is not the cost i am trying to avoid but the clutter around my amp, two RCA cables etc. Of course, ione is such a device that combines so many functionalities so you are definitely in the right direction.

In my case, both ione (wired version) and ipurifier were the devices that made an significant improvement in my system comparable only to when i changed my amplifier from a crappy home receiver to my budget but more than decent marantz.

I tested ione in my friend's 5000 audiophile system and sounds incredible too.

I am looking forward to the new version. Thank you ifi audio.

A lot of usb adapters can be found on Amazon. Forza audio works also can custom make you one if you are looking for something more premium feel. Also I thought I remember reading it didn't come with the ipower maybe it was something else though.

Apr 11, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #78 of 454

Yes, our dealers are in the loop.

This was response from my dealer, so process does not yet appear to be clear:

"hi, ifi have not told dealers what to do yet and who is paying for the returns and shipping the new units back out

the original units are not faulty there is just a longer range version being made"

Apr 12, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #79 of 454

This was response from my dealer, so process does not yet appear to be clear:

"hi, ifi have not told dealers what to do yet and who is paying for the returns and shipping the new units back out

the original units are not faulty there is just a longer range version being made"

Let us double-check this.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Apr 15, 2017 at 1:45 AM Post #81 of 454
@iFi audio I was wondering who has to bear the shipping of returning the product. I know it maybe a foolish question but since i have to ship from India to Singapore it might become an expensive affair for me. Please let me know what your policy is. Thanks

Apr 15, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #82 of 454
@iFi audio
 I was wondering who has to bear the shipping of returning the product. I know it maybe a foolish question but since i have to ship from India to Singapore it might become an expensive affair for me. Please let me know what your policy is. Thanks

I'm in the u.s. so maybe it's different, but I've paid for returning to ifi for repair/exchange.

Apr 15, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #83 of 454

@iFi audio
 I was wondering who has to bear the shipping of returning the product. I know it maybe a foolish question but since i have to ship from India to Singapore it might become an expensive affair for me. Please let me know what your policy is. Thanks

I'm in the u.s. so maybe it's different, but I've paid for returning to ifi for repair/exchange.

Thanks for the reply.

Apr 23, 2017 at 6:49 AM Post #84 of 454
Any further news on the exchange program? Am still waiting for response from dealer / iFi on the procedure to return and receive extended range model

Apr 23, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #85 of 454
  Any further news on the exchange program? Am still waiting for response from dealer / iFi on the procedure to return and receive extended range model

Your dealer should take care of it. If nothing happens, please let us know via PM.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Apr 23, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #87 of 454
This device is going to be pretty cool, especially the extended range BT version.

I'll be integrating it with my little man cave PS4 system which is currently:  PS4 (Spotify, videos, gaming, etc.) > TEAC UD-501 > Schiit SYS >  Emotiva A-300 > Polk LS90 

How I might use it:

A)   PS4, Tidal via phone > iOne > coaxial > TEAC UD-501 > Schiit SYS >  Emotiva A-300 > Polk LS90 

B)   Will iOne be able to control volume to analog RCA outputs or is it simply a pure 2V out?  
If it can control, then no passive preamp needed...bam

Tidal via phone > iOne >  Emotiva A-300 > Polk LS90 

Will the iOne sound better than my TEAC UD-501?  
That will be interesting.  My main goal is to use the iOne as a bluetooth DDC for Tidal/Spotify/etc. streaming from my phone and also to be used for converting my PS4's optical signal to a potentially cleaner signal into the TEAC.  If the iOne's RCA output is variable then I could possibly dump the SYS and TEAC with this nifty device.

I am assuming this device needs a constant 5V, meaning it doesn't have a battery.  I didn't see any mention in the manual about estimated battery life under any situation.

Lastly, when we are ready to buy the extended range unit, will the regular versions be still carried by vendors?  Just have to be careful and make sure online vendors have updated product details.  

Apr 24, 2017 at 2:25 AM Post #88 of 454
May I be bold enough and ask if the ione is a defective piece of tech as the BT doesn't work as advertised and the sad part is no one seems to own up and say hey we made an error and are rectifying it. Product quality s something that should never cloud customer service. It is part of who the company is. So is the nano ione non ER version a bad piece of engineering?

Apr 24, 2017 at 6:20 AM Post #89 of 454
I've heard nothing but good things in response to this product. There were a few who started noting issues with BT, but iFi stepped in, modified their product and setup the ability to exchange for the new one if you had already purchased it. While I won't lie that their product lineups and how they disseminate information can be confusing,  I don't see any reason to panic. The BT issue is fixed. I believe it was the simple fact that the metal casing around the iOne was blocking most of the signal with only the small plastic section in the front allowing signal through. Now they've added windows to the sides, so the signal should have no issue now.

Apr 24, 2017 at 6:40 AM Post #90 of 454
  I've heard nothing but good things in response to this product. There were a few who started noting issues with BT, but iFi stepped in, modified their product and setup the ability to exchange for the new one if you had already purchased it. While I won't lie that their product lineups and how they disseminate information can be confusing,  I don't see any reason to panic. The BT issue is fixed. I believe it was the simple fact that the metal casing around the iOne was blocking most of the signal with only the small plastic section in the front allowing signal through. Now they've added windows to the sides, so the signal should have no issue now.

i completely agree with you. What i was point to was a particular set of exchange between a seller and a buyer where the seller refuses to admit that there is a problem with BT. Therefore i was just asking if that indeed was the case. iFi is such a great company with an impressive lineup and i don't want to see them sweeping dirt under the carpet.

Secondly, elsewhere in the world the shipping costs involved for return and repair can sometimes mount to the actual price of the product involved. There seems to be no clear indication as to the bearer of the shipping charges etc. The dealers also seem to be pretty silent on this. This particular dealer is an excellent one and always communicates very well but all of a sudden there has been radio silence. Therefore a series of not so fortunate events made me make such a comment. Sorry about the rambling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back