iFi audio - Introducing the ZEN DAC Signature V2 and ZEN CAN Signature HFM, Perfectly Balanced As All Things Should Be!
Oct 14, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #91 of 212
Oct 15, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #93 of 212
I am using RCAs between M500 and Zen CAN and balanced should not make a diff, but it looks so good with balanced all the way, so please point me to a good dual female XLR to pentacon 4.4 cable. IFI has only male XLRsM.
Must be less than 25 cms, something like this but better looking.
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2021 at 6:50 AM Post #96 of 212
Has anyone else noticed that the iFi headphone calculator reports that basically all headphones of any brand, coupled with any iFi-Audio product is highly mismatched? And that it recommends using the ieMatch in every case, despite the fact that there is no 4.4mm ieMatch option to use with their DACs?

Oct 26, 2021 at 7:07 AM Post #97 of 212
Hello,

Is the Ifi Zen Dac Signature V2 powerfull enough to drive active studio monitors? I have adam t8v studio monitors.
powerfull enough to drive active studio monitors :question: hø?

Oct 29, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #99 of 212
i have a Zen DAC v2 + Zen Can stack, with the Zen Stream topping it off. I have the volume on the Zen DAC set as variable so I can take advantage of the TrueBass function feeding into the Zen Can, which iFi suggests as an option on their Amazon page.

The trouble is, I can’t seem to find an optimal volume setting between the PowerMatch options on both the Zen DAC and Zen Can and the volume potentiometer on the DAC. I’ve played around with myriad options, but the sound through my Sony Z1Rs and Sennheiser 820’s is consistently clipped and harsh.

Can anyone offer suggestions on whether the PowerMatch on the DAC should be on or off when connected to the CAN, and where the volume knob on the DAC should be when the variable volume setting is selected? Thanks!

Oct 30, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #101 of 212
hello. Have zen stream and dragonfly cobalt feeding the Exposure amplifier and then q axoustics concept 20 speakers. Would like to take advantage of DSD too so i would buy a Signature DAC. Is the 120$ price difference ( in my country) to regular Zen Dac audible?

Nov 1, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #102 of 212
hello. Have zen stream and dragonfly cobalt feeding the Exposure amplifier and then q axoustics concept 20 speakers. Would like to take advantage of DSD too so i would buy a Signature DAC. Is the 120$ price difference ( in my country) to regular Zen Dac audible?
I compared both, and the (Signature Zen-Dac) is more detailed with brighter highs compared to the regular Zen-Dac which has its highs rolled off a bit.

Nov 3, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #104 of 212
I ordered today the zen dac for 280$. Should it come with ipower X standard?

Where did you order it from out of curiosity?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back