iFi audio iDSD Signature - The saga continues!
Apr 14, 2023 at 9:21 PM Post #2,026 of 2,172
Yes also connect the charger, and turn if off when you're not using it, though I would recommend using a nice separate wall charger for it as computers are super noisy and the noise leaks through on mine. I believe if it's always plugged in the battery only charges to 80% to preserve it longer.
For the wall charger it can be a simple USB C to a 5W Power adapter or would you recommend something else? Like an accessory from ifi to remove any noise (I checked iPower, but it doesn't seem to have a USB-C option) or a separated linear Power supply like the Topping P50?

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2023 at 10:06 PM Post #2,027 of 2,172
For the wall charger it can be a simple USB C to a 5W Power adapter or would you recommend something else? Like an accessory from ifi to remove any noise from the Power supply (I checked iPower, but it doesn't seem to have a USB-C option) or a separated linear Power supply like the Topping P50?
Just use a normal charger. If you notice any issues or degradation in sound when using a generic charger compared to Signature on it's own then look at cleaner power supplies.

I don't think that with a battery powered device, the sound quality will be effected when using generic chargers but I have not tested this.

Apr 14, 2023 at 10:24 PM Post #2,028 of 2,172
I have used different chargers connected to my Diablo, I don’t hear any changes in sound but some are noisy with a little “electrical interference” of some sort audible with no music playing. I found a Samsung 25 watt charger was quiet.

Of course your mileage may vary.

May 2, 2023 at 3:16 PM Post #2,029 of 2,172
Anyone hear any news regarding the "Finale"?

Adorama has their link up for it:
https://www.adorama.com/ifimidsdf.html

Screen Shot 2023-05-02 at 12.26.43 PM.png

Last edited:
May 2, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #2,031 of 2,172
May 24, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #2,034 of 2,172
I have been looking for quite some time for cans that would pair with Signature and would make it sound great instead of just fine. Considering the amount of output power and the fact that I have liked previous Burr-brown ifi dac implementation in terms of sound signature this was a lot harder than I could imagine. The quest is over for me: Meze Advar are the ones. This is quite a surprise for me that IEMs and not full size cans ended up with such great synergy.

It also showed me cleary that Signature is a deadend. Chord did real development with Mojo 2 vs OG Mojo, ifi did not and even removed some features available in previous models. I really try to like Signature but all its drawbacks and lack of real progress from previous models makes it so hard. I need to be much more careful with next ifi purchase.

May 24, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #2,035 of 2,172
I have been looking for quite some time for cans that would pair with Signature and would make it sound great instead of just fine. Considering the amount of output power and the fact that I have liked previous Burr-brown ifi dac implementation in terms of sound signature this was a lot harder than I could imagine. The quest is over for me: Meze Advar are the ones. This is quite a surprise for me that IEMs and not full size cans ended up with such great synergy.

It also showed me cleary that Signature is a deadend. Chord did real development with Mojo 2 vs OG Mojo, ifi did not and even removed some features available in previous models. I really try to like Signature but all its drawbacks and lack of real progress from previous models makes it so hard. I need to be much more careful with next ifi purchase.
My focal clear & focal radiance both sound great with my signature as do all my many iems. A lot of people prefer the signature over the mojo also, different tastes.
I also have the fostex tube amp that works well with iems & headphones.

Jun 3, 2023 at 8:02 AM Post #2,036 of 2,172
Can anyone show me how the coaxial cable input looks like on ifi idsd signature?

Jun 3, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #2,038 of 2,172

Ive heard all, to me the signature has the best sound of all. Mojo 2 sounds digital to me.

Jun 3, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #2,039 of 2,172

Users who are viewing this thread

Back