iFi audio iDSD Signature - The saga continues!
Mar 29, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #2,015 of 2,194
Hello,

Juste trying ifi idsd signature on heddphone, windows, turbo mode, qobuz wasapi.
Sounds great. Enough power, way enough for those who wondered including me.

But, there is no software or way to know battery level and settings?

Regards Greg

Apr 14, 2023 at 3:12 AM Post #2,021 of 2,194
Would you guys say I *need* a USB isolator when connecting to a gaming PC ?
If so, which one do you recommend ? I took a look at the iPurifier, would that be a good choice?

And just to clarify it: I just need to connect this to my PC to receive the full 4.1W of Power/32 Ohm ? No need for any external power supply? It won't discharge when plugged to my PC right, I can use it as a full Desktop AMP/DAC combo without worrying about the battery ?

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2023 at 6:35 AM Post #2,022 of 2,194
Would you guys say I *need* a USB isolator when connecting to a gaming PC ?
If so, which one do you recommend ? I took a look at the iPurifier, would that be a good choice?

And just to clarify it: I just need to connect this to my PC to receive the full 4.1W of Power/32 Ohm ? No need for any external power supply? It won't discharge when plugged to my PC right, I can use it as a full Desktop AMP/DAC combo without worrying about the battery ?
If I remember correctly, the micro iDSD Signature has the iPurifier tech built into it. So it's not necessary to add any USB purifiers.

No need for external power supply to get full power like it's needed for the Fiio Q7 or M17.

You cannot switch between battery and external power so the device is always powered from the internal battery. Connecting it to a Desktop will still use it's internal battery so having it connected to a PC 24/7 will effect battery life.

Apr 14, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #2,023 of 2,194
If I remember correctly, the micro iDSD Signature has the iPurifier tech built into it. So it's not necessary to add any USB purifiers.

No need for external power supply to get full power like it's needed for the Fiio Q7 or M17.

You cannot switch between battery and external power so the device is always powered from the internal battery. Connecting it to a Desktop will still use it's internal battery so having it connected to a PC 24/7 will effect battery life.
Ok, it will affect battery life, but the device will discharge when using from a PC ? Like, it will stop playing after (don't know, 10 hours) ? If that's the case how do you guys use this as a main desktop dac/amp? Do I need to also connect the USB-C charging cable to the PC so I don't run off battery on day-to-day use?

Apr 14, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #2,024 of 2,194
Yes also connect the charger, and turn if off when you're not using it, though I would recommend using a nice separate wall charger for it as computers are super noisy and the noise leaks through on mine. I believe if it's always plugged in the battery only charges to 80% to preserve it longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back