iFi audio iDSD Signature - The saga continues!
Aug 4, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #1,862 of 2,172
Guys when using this primarily on the desktop, should i keep it plugged into power or should i just use the battery?

You can use either :) - but plugged in is ok long term!

Aug 4, 2022 at 3:54 PM Post #1,864 of 2,172
Thank you, i will keep it plugged in from now on then. I am using my samsung phone charger right now, is there a good iFi power supply that would fit better with the iDSD Signature?

edit: just bought the iPower 2

The signature runs on battery power, so an iFi power supply or a power supply from another brand will make no difference outside of convenience.

Aug 12, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #1,865 of 2,172
Will the ifi signature fast charge with a fast charger or will it charge at its own pace ?
When I listen to it plugged in its not a problem but at night while in bed I don't plug it in for a few hours & it take ages to charge up.

Attachments

• 16603406586119188597451521556018.jpg
    16603406586119188597451521556018.jpg
    788.3 KB · Views: 0
Aug 18, 2022 at 6:31 PM Post #1,866 of 2,172
Have a Signature arriving tomorrow as I need a transportable rig. I will be using it with ZMF Verite Closed.

I currently have an AW Forza Noir Hybrid cable with a 6.35 SE jack as well as the stock ZMF cable with 3.5mm jack.

I understand that the Sig is not fully balanced but will there be any advantage to buying a balanced cable? terminated with a 4.4mm Pentaconn?

Aug 18, 2022 at 6:36 PM Post #1,867 of 2,172
Have a Signature arriving tomorrow as I need a transportable rig. I will be using it with ZMF Verite Closed.

I currently have an AW Forza Noir Hybrid cable with a 6.35 SE jack as well as the stock ZMF cable with 3.5mm jack.

I understand that the Sig is not fully balanced but will there be any advantage to buying a balanced cable? terminated with a 4.4mm Pentaconn?
I don't think theres any advantage since its not balanced unless you want to keep the same termination for all your cables. Also, the 4.4 has a connection issue which is a pain sometimes. Cant be pushed in all the way otherwise the sound cuts off or is unbalanced from a side. Need to pull it out slightly every time.

Aug 18, 2022 at 6:46 PM Post #1,868 of 2,172
I don't think theres any advantage since its not balanced unless you want to keep the same termination for all your cables. Also, the 4.4 has a connection issue which is a pain sometimes. Cant be pushed in all the way otherwise the sound cuts off or is unbalanced from a side. Need to pull it out slightly every time.
Thanks that would certainly save some money. I was about to go down another cable rabbit hole 😃
I'd read that the 6.35 doesn't benefit from S balance but the 4.4mm might.

I also run an LC Grand Silver into my Elites but that is XLR so all different terminations anyway.
The SE works well with the Verite Closed from my Burson C3XR as it doesn't overpower them. Just need a portable solution.

Aug 18, 2022 at 8:14 PM Post #1,869 of 2,172
Will the ifi signature fast charge with a fast charger or will it charge at its own pace ?
When I listen to it plugged in its not a problem but at night while in bed I don't plug it in for a few hours & it take ages to charge up.

The Signature will charge at it's own pace.

Not much, but you could grab a 4.4 anyways and future proof yourself when you go to a a fully balanced solution.

Non-balanced will be more than enough to power the ZMF VC - I use that combo daily! :)

Aug 18, 2022 at 9:22 PM Post #1,870 of 2,172
The Signature will charge at it's own pace.

Not much, but you could grab a 4.4 anyways and future proof yourself when you go to a a fully balanced solution.

Non-balanced will be more than enough to power the ZMF VC - I use that combo daily! :)
That's great to hear. Thanks Sebastien. Out of interest, what cable do you use on the combo?
I would be torn between something like a balanced Forza Noir Hybrid or going all out on a TC Silver Widow or LC Grand Silver. Any recommendations?

I run a balanced Lavri cable silver grand on my Meze Elites from a Burson C3XR but not sure if that would be too much on the VCs?

Aug 18, 2022 at 11:17 PM Post #1,871 of 2,172
That must only be with some 4.4 balanced cables because my sennheiser & sony 4.4 cables work fine pushed all the way in every time.

Aug 18, 2022 at 11:29 PM Post #1,872 of 2,172
That must only be with some 4.4 balanced cables because my sennheiser & sony 4.4 cables work fine pushed all the way in every time.
Yup, its a bit or miss with me with 4.4 jacks on the Signature. I read its because its not a real Pentaconn jack. Could be wrong though

Aug 31, 2022 at 11:21 PM Post #1,874 of 2,172
Been spending the past hour reading previous threads.

So, is the consensus that the IFI Signature can fully power a Hifiman He1000v2?
On the website, it says it's 1900mW into 32ohms.

I am currently using a Singxer Sa1 (6400 mW at 32ohms) and about the same price as the IFI Signature (would love to see another $450 sale).
Would the IFI Signature be a sidegrade or an upgrade in terms of sound performance?

Thanks for your input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back