iFi audio iDSD Diablo - A portable reference done our way!
May 18, 2021 at 6:44 AM Post #1,411 of 2,986
Included is iPurifier which has a USB B connection to source.

Is this only for Devices with USB B output or could a (USB B to A) cable make this effective for USB A devices?

My concern is adding additional cable could cause other issues.

Last edited:
May 18, 2021 at 6:54 AM Post #1,412 of 2,986
When you play mqa using asio driver and set diablo as decoder through roon or audirvana what current sample rate does iFi (by AMR) HD USB Audio Control Panel show? Mine shows either 44100 Hz or 48000 Hz regardless the actual MQA sampling rate (88,2 96 192 kHz) When setting diablo as renderer iFi (by AMR) HD USB Audio Control Panel shows higher sample rates up to software core decoding capacity (96 kHz). If you have unit that correctly shows mqa led status (green and blue) are current sample rates in iFi (by AMR) HD USB Audio Control Panel shown correctly too or do you see only low sample rates?

May 18, 2021 at 7:13 AM Post #1,413 of 2,986

Is this only for Devices with USB B output or could a (USB B to A) cable make this effective for USB A devices?

it's USB C that's included. you could use it to power other devices, though usually USB A is used for output instead of input.

charger promises to deliver 5 volt at 2.5 ampere, which is compliant with the USB standards

May 20, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #1,414 of 2,986

When you play mqa using asio driver and set diablo as decoder through roon or audirvana what current sample rate does iFi (by AMR) HD USB Audio Control Panel show? Mine shows either 44100 Hz or 48000 Hz regardless the actual MQA sampling rate (88,2 96 192 kHz) When setting diablo as renderer iFi (by AMR) HD USB Audio Control Panel shows higher sample rates up to software core decoding capacity (96 kHz). If you have unit that correctly shows mqa led status (green and blue) are current sample rates in iFi (by AMR) HD USB Audio Control Panel shown correctly too or do you see only low sample rates?

I believe our control panel shows 41 44 or 48. Let me double-check on that with the team.

it's USB C that's included. you could use it to power other devices, though usually USB A is used for output instead of input.

charger promises to deliver 5 volt at 2.5 ampere, which is compliant with the USB standards

This is correct, @Soundizer!

May 28, 2021 at 2:33 AM Post #1,416 of 2,986
Hello,
I have a question to tax even the keenest of minds regarding the Ifi diablo...where would one purchase a UK slide adaptor to fit on the supplied ipower?

Many thanks.
You could probably contact iFi customer support for that.

May 28, 2021 at 7:27 AM Post #1,417 of 2,986

I used it this way:
USB-A source → USB-A to USB-B cable → iPurifier3 → USB-A to USB-B cable → DAC. You can use whatever cable you feel like using between the source and the iPurifier, it makes no difference (provided you use a decent-enough quality cable).

I think he was referring to the iPurifier3 and not to the iPower power supply, but I might be wrong.

In case anyone is interested, I recently posted my full review here. In short, as many of you already know, I think the Diablo is great and is probably the de facto ruler of the portable scene thanks to its massive power output.

May 28, 2021 at 7:32 AM Post #1,418 of 2,986
I think he was referring to the iPurifier3 and not to the iPower power supply, but I might be wrong.

I think you might be correct there. whoops :X

May 29, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #1,421 of 2,986
@iFi audio is there already an ETA regarding the balanced IEmatch? And will it be an IEmatch with 4.4mm plug to be useable with the Diablo? Even my not so easy to drive Empire Ears Valkurie (96dB) are to loud on Eco mode :frowning2:

Although I have no new info on the subject of a balanced iEMatch, it most likely will feature a 4.4mm plug :)

In case anyone is interested, I recently posted my full review here. In short, as many of you already know, I think the Diablo is great and is probably the de facto ruler of the portable scene thanks to its massive power output.

Fantastic work, many thanks :beerchug:

Last edited:
iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/iFiAudio/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
May 29, 2021 at 6:56 PM Post #1,423 of 2,986
Just a question ... I usually hear my music via Tidal. For some master tracks I get the magenta LED and for some others some kind of yellow. Does anyone know why? Firmware is 7.0 and USB driver is 3.2

May 29, 2021 at 6:59 PM Post #1,424 of 2,986
Just a question ... I usually hear my music via Tidal. For some master tracks I get the magenta LED and for some others some kind of yellow. Does anyone know why? Firmware is 7.0 and USB driver is 3.2
I have a related question, if that’s ok. I’ve just upgraded the firmware to 7c and the LED stays white all the time. My previous firmware apparently had GTO but the LED was always yellow. Does anyone know if the all white all the time LED indicates GTO or not (or if something got messed up)? Thanks!

May 31, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #1,425 of 2,986

I have a related question, if that’s ok. I’ve just upgraded the firmware to 7c and the LED stays white all the time. My previous firmware apparently had GTO but the LED was always yellow. Does anyone know if the all white all the time LED indicates GTO or not (or if something got messed up)? Thanks!

Hi y'all! Can you please provide both of these serials numbers here so I can check in on these units on our end?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back