iFi audio GO pod + IEMs = brilliant wireless sound on the GO!
Aug 29, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #1,201 of 2,122
hello guys, didnt know their a Go Pod thread....i guess its time i share my overwhelming love about this TWS dac-amp here...and some pairing pics
right now its this:

these are harder to drive that it seem and since impedance is 16ohm, it dont get full 120mW amping push....but, and this is an important BUT...you can bypass impedance matching by hooking an 32ohm (or more) IEM, then put it in charging case and reconnect and then just hooking the 16ohm IEM to get full power...and now my Final A8000 is fully wake up, headroom open alot, dynamic is plenty lively, just wow.

Go Pod is the true audiophile solution for TWS hater like me....and IEMs collector.

Ldac connectivity is excellent, control is minimalist and intuitive, we have long range stability too, to the point i forget my phone outside, wonder in my home until 4 or 5 walls begin to block signal a bit...i couldn't believe it yet its true.

Once you get this, all TWS buds seem absurd toys. and i own Final ZE8000, Hifiman Svanar wireless, UM Ufree etc....all taking dust now. for good. Cause hey, i have infinite number of TOTL TWS eargasm now!
Welcome to the Club, excellent post, I fully and wholeheartedly agree with you!
The GO Pod is the absolute best device of its kind!

I just wish iFi Audio would consider adding a toggle switch for the auto-detection of the Impedance. Something like, turn auto-detection OFF and then two text boxes to appear, so that the users could type in the Impedance and Sensitivity of their IEMs. If left as is, so this toggle switch to ON, the auto-detection could still happen.
🙂

Aug 29, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #1,202 of 2,122

I just wish iFi Audio would consider adding a toggle switch for the auto-detection of the Impedance. Something like, turn auto-detection OFF and then two text boxes to appear, so that the users could type in the Impedance and Sensitivity of their IEMs. If left as is, so this toggle switch to ON, the auto-detection could still happen.
🙂
I agree, and hopefully, these advancements for those who need them will come along. I am sure all these requests are being considered.

Cheers!!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Aug 29, 2023 at 8:02 PM Post #1,203 of 2,122

🙂
Agree about impedance gain app....i was talking about this today. but until then the trick isnt that hard.

im listening to Go Pod+ISN H50 rigth now and its a glorious paring. both having natural tone, the extra dynamic and openess of Pod is very addictive, as well as an overall smooth sirup fatigue free balance...its like the ZE8000 flavor with better technicalities (and louder volume and more lively dynamic). Yummy!

1693353752201.png

Aug 29, 2023 at 11:46 PM Post #1,204 of 2,122
I bought these a couple of days ago, and immediately flashed firmware to 1.52. Yesterday I was having issues where one ear would drop sound sporadically. Not always the same ear.

I tried downgrading to the previous firmware, and so far today not having any dropouts. Anyone with similar issues?

Aug 30, 2023 at 1:15 AM Post #1,205 of 2,122
I bought these a couple of days ago, and immediately flashed firmware to 1.52. Yesterday I was having issues where one ear would drop sound sporadically. Not always the same ear.

I tried downgrading to the previous firmware, and so far today not having any dropouts. Anyone with similar issues?
I’ve had that issue since I first got the Go Pod back in April. Even with two firmware updates this issue continues to occur sporadically during listening. The quick solution I found is to stop the Bluetooth connection and then reconnect.

Aug 30, 2023 at 2:50 AM Post #1,206 of 2,122
I’ve had that issue since I first got the Go Pod back in April. Even with two firmware updates this issue continues to occur sporadically during listening. The quick solution I found is to stop the Bluetooth connection and then reconnect.
Thanks, I'll see how it goes today... If I continue having problems hopefully I can return it. Okay it is still disconnecting, this is a return.

The other issue I have is that it doesn't automatically connect to my phone when I take them out of the case. I have to open bluetooth settings on my phone and connect. None of my other current gen bluetooth devices have this problem.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2023 at 5:06 AM Post #1,207 of 2,122

Thanks, I'll see how it goes today... If I continue having problems hopefully I can return it. Okay it is still disconnecting, this is a return.

The other issue I have is that it doesn't automatically connect to my phone when I take them out of the case. I have to open bluetooth settings on my phone and connect. None of my other current gen bluetooth devices have this problem.
I have never faced any of these issues. Only when I am far from my phone, like on different floor, it might disconnected for a second but if I move my head a bit it reconnects again. I am always listening to LDAC 990/909kbps, automatically set via the Bluetooth Codec Changer App, paid version, on each pairing.

What phone do you have? I am using the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra.
Perhaps you got a defect unit, I would get it replaced.
Try to contact iFi Support, they are very helpful!

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2023 at 5:43 AM Post #1,208 of 2,122
With a brand new Z Fold 5, as the room is in a corner of my office, my Go Pod can be used at full speed 990/909 in only half of the surface the 200m², while the tiny Sony WF-1000XM5 can be used anywhere from the room in one corner to the room in the opposite corner with door closed (more then 10meters with some doors in between)
So I can use the Go Pod without any issue around my desk .. it's a bit more complicated if I go to some other people's room... For sure the 1000XM5 is amazing like many others in AAC mode not LDAC full speed => Sony knows perfectly how to optimize LDAC

Aug 30, 2023 at 6:10 AM Post #1,209 of 2,122
With a brand new Z Fold 5, as the room is in a corner of my office, my Go Pod can be used at full speed 990/909 in only half of the surface the 200m², while the tiny Sony WF-1000XM5 can be used anywhere from the room in one corner to the room in the opposite corner with door closed (more then 10meters with some doors in between)
So I can use the Go Pod without any issue around my desk .. it's a bit more complicated if I go to some other people's room... For sure the 1000XM5 is amazing like many others in AAC mode not LDAC full speed => Sony knows perfectly how to optimize LDAC
So, are you satisfied from the GO Pod connectivity range?

If I understand you correctly, you say that in a 200m² business area, you have good connectivity in approx. 100m². I do not know if this satisfies you but I believe it is a very good result, assuming that in your business environment there is a lot of IT equipment, laptops, desktops, landline phones, modem/routers, printers/scanners/photocopiers and so on. Surely, I cannot know your business environment, just assuming here.

Sony definitely knows how to optimize LDAC perfectly, I assume! But only iFi Audio creates and develops the GO Pod. 😉👍

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2023 at 6:18 AM Post #1,210 of 2,122
So, are you satisfied from the GO Pod connectivity range?

If I understand you correctly, you say that in a 200m² business area, you have good connectivity in approx. 100m². I do not know if this satisfies you but I believe it is a very good result, assuming that in your business environment there is a lot of IT equipment, laptops, desktops, landline phones, modem/routers, printers/scanners/photocopiers and so on. Surely, I cannot know your business environment, just assuming here.

Sony definitely knows how to optimize LDAC perfectly, I assume! But only iFi Audio created and develops the GO Pod. 😉👍

I feel Go Pod is not the best for available range at office, but not that bad at all and really usable at home and in my office.. Sound Quality with Kiwi Ears Quintet or IER-M9 is really convincing and better than 1000XM5 .. even quite near a good dap like WM1A in BT reveiver mode.

I just want a better adapter around my ears like a DIY cable with 2 pins to mmcx, which allows to be better adjusted by users around the ears.

Aug 30, 2023 at 6:30 AM Post #1,211 of 2,122
I feel Go Pod is not the best for available range at office, but not that bad at all and really usable at home and in my office.. Sound Quality with Kiwi Ears Quintet or IER-M9 is really convincing and better than 1000XM5 .. even quite near a good dap like WM1A in BT reveiver mode.

I just want a better adapter around my ears like a DIY cable with 2 pins to mmcx, which allows to be better adjusted by users around the ears.
I agree with you and I believe that the GO Pod is, by far, the best available device of its kind today!

Luckily, I do not have any discomfort issues with the GO Pod and I am wearing it almost all day long. I am even going for a 30-minutes jogging session, 3 times per week, with it. I might feel a slight discomfort after 5 hours of continuous use, which is expected. One strange thing I have observed is that, sometimes, after my jogging while sweating hard, if I will touch the Volume Up button, it sticks and keeps raising the volume to the maximum! I have to quickly take my phone out of my pocket then and decrease the volume or better stop the music playback altogether, because the button is stuck or something. I've never reported this, though, as I consider it a bad use case of the product from my side and not a malfunction. Of course, it would definitely help if the GO Pod had like UTWS5 buttons but it is what it is.

Finally, when it come to sound quality, for me personally, the GO Pod sounds at least on the same level with my FiiO BTR7 and Qudelix-5K, without EQ. Only my Mojo 2 sounds better. This is valid for all my IEMs besides my Elan+ , which is a very peculiar IEM that doesn't "like" bad recordings (and which I'm replacing soon).

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2023 at 9:47 AM Post #1,212 of 2,122
What phone do you have? I am using the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra.
Perhaps you got a defect unit, I would get it replaced.
Try to contact iFi Support, they are very helpful!
I'm using a Pixel 7. If the store does not accept the return, I'll try iFi support, thanks.
One strange thing I have observed is that, sometimes, after my jogging while sweating hard, if I will touch the Volume Up button, it sticks and keeps raising the volume to the maximum! I have to quickly take my phone out of my pocket then and decrease the volume or better stop the music playback altogether, because the button is stuck or something. I've never reported this, though, as I consider it a bad use case of the product from my side and not a malfunction. Of course, it would definitely help if the GO Pod had like UTWS5 buttons but it is what it is.
I had this happen as well. In fact it just happened randomly without touching it, because sweat got on the button. The buttons definitely feel like a downgrade from the physical ones on the UTWS5. If I end up keeping it, I'll try out the 4-button-press disable pattern before going for runs.

Aug 30, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #1,213 of 2,122
I'm using a Pixel 7. If the store does not accept the return, I'll try iFi support, thanks.

I had this happen as well. In fact it just happened randomly without touching it, because sweat got on the button. The buttons definitely feel like a downgrade from the physical ones on the UTWS5. If I end up keeping it, I'll try out the 4-button-press disable pattern before going for runs.
Excellent idea, I will try it, too!

PS: I'd also suggest to re-install the latest firmware and perform a factory reset from the GAIA App right afterwards. Keep an eye to the process and follow the instructions.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2023 at 3:36 PM Post #1,214 of 2,122

I dont yet....but have you try with wifi off?
it does happen with Svanar TWS with Ldac and wifi one...
it perhaps happen 2 time for a total of 1 second....in whole month i use it....it was a very specific spot in my city....

Aug 30, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #1,215 of 2,122
well why not share this,im worrking on my Go Pod review....and decide to compare it to one of best value ultra portable bluetooth dac-amp, the Qudelix 5K.

so, thee you gooooooo:

VS QUDELIX 5K

The 5K isn't a true wireless Bluetooth DAC-AMP, but still extremely portable and among the best sound and app control wise. In fact, this comparison underline how valuable is a proper control application to take full advantage of DAC and AMP potential.
In that regards, the 5K is from a far above other league since Go Pod don't have dedicated app to control amping gain, change sound filter, play with EQ.

Then talking about connectivity ange and stability, they are about on par but 5K seem even more stable and the special antenna it use permit even longer distance range and fewer intermitence with Wifi on, but again, very minimal so ill put both on same level here.

In term of amping power, it's quite similar since both can deliver 4vrms, i feel the dynamic is more authoritative with the Go Pod, which is surely due to an independant amp chip.

Now the sound is most important factor and these 2 don't offer similar musicality and dynamism at all. 5K is colder, cleaner and more neutral, aiming for an high fidelity reproduction of music instead of a fun and engaging one that Go Pod offer. Timbre is thinner but more transparent, bass leaner, less round and impactfull but more textured and less warm, mids are more open and crisp with more precise imaging but dryer timbre, vocal feel more recessed as well as instrument seem all on same loudness amplitude range, feeling more digital in rendering while lusher, more holographic and analog with Go Pod. Treble is more brilliant with longer natural resonance, cleaner airier openess and edgier definition. Macro dynamism is leaner, lighter in weight note and impact, not as holographic and wide and tall in spatiality.
Go Pod offer warmer, bassier and fuller bodied sound experience, the sub bass doesn't seem roll off in rumble, mids are lusher and more bodied, more fowards yet creamier and smoother too and treble is thicker so percussions feel moe tactile and 3D, less compressed in overall rendering. Sound layering is superior though transparency of timbre isn't as boosted.
To my ears, it's evident i prefer tonality and dynamic push, timbre and soundstage of Go Pod, since this is no1 reason i never hype the 5k: it doesn't trigger any emotional response and keep me away from music, while im in the middle of it with Go Pod.

Nonetheless, in term of technical performance and overall price value, it's evident the Qudelix 5K is a smarter buy....if you don't care about the cable laying around!

1693424323645.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back