iFi audio GO pod + IEMs = brilliant wireless sound on the GO!
Dec 24, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #1,576 of 2,148
From the way you describe things, it is not clear to me what exactly happened. I hope in your ticket to iFi customer service, you will explain things in a detailed and crystal clear manner. Failing to do so will only result in weeks of delays, as they will struggle to understand what exactly happened.

What happened here is that you've tried a firmware update on Android, without having firstly installed the latest GAIA App, a prerequisite for a successful firmware update. You are absolutely right that iFi Audio should have a proper App, offering OTA updates and also warnings about possible incompatibilities. I also believe that @iFi audio should notify us here about any firmware updates, providing detailed, step-by-step instructions on how to update, in the same post.

Good luck and I sincerely hope you won't have to send your GO Pod back to iFi Audio to unblock it.
Hey Nick, you basically described what happened.

1. I used the Gaia app to update the firmware.
2. It appears to have worked, but the left hook then went into factory reset mode. It could not be reset. The right hook continued to function.
3. I later updated the Gaia app, paired with the right hook, and hit the reset config button.
4. This appears to have reset both, as I was then able to get either the left or right to pair and play music one at a time, but not both together.
5. My next step will be to try and update the firmware one hook at time and see if that works.

In the meantime, I will use my new HB1, which is a sonic improvement, though less convenient.

Dec 24, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #1,577 of 2,148
Hey Nick, you basically described what happened.

1. I used the Gaia app to update the firmware.
2. It appears to have worked, but the left hook then went into factory reset mode. It could not be reset. The right hook continued to function.
3. I later updated the Gaia app, paired with the right hook, and hit the reset config button.
4. This appears to have reset both, as I was then able to get either the left or right to pair and play music one at a time, but not both together.
5. My next step will be to try and update the firmware one hook at time and see if that works.

In the meantime, I will use my new HB1, which is a sonic improvement, though less convenient.
Well, gaia is not even giving me the option to update the firmware. Perhaps as a result of only one hook connecting? So there goes that. This is so irritating.

Dec 24, 2023 at 1:52 PM Post #1,578 of 2,148
Well, gaia is not even giving me the option to update the firmware. Perhaps as a result of only one hook connecting? So there goes that. This is so irritating.
Did you go to Settings ---> Software Updates?

Inside Software Updates you should see:
Current Version = the firmware you're currently using
Current firmware name = GO Pod

Below it says: SELECT UPGRADE FILE

You tap on that and select the firmware file you've saved on your phone

Can you see all that?

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2023 at 4:18 PM Post #1,579 of 2,148
Did you go to Settings ---> Software Updates?

Inside Software Updates you should see:
Current Version = the firmware you're currently using
Current firmware name = GO Pod

Below it says: SELECT UPGRADE FILE

You tap on that and select the firmware file you've saved on your phone

Can you see all that?
I'm aware. It doesn't show up. Restarted Gaia several times. Unpaired and repaired. It's just screwed at this point.

Dec 24, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #1,580 of 2,148
I'm aware. It doesn't show up. Restarted Gaia several times. Unpaired and repaired. It's just screwed at this point.
Okay, I think I understand what is happening, you cannot see those options because only one Pod is paired.

I've just tested this, I took just one Pod out of the case and immediately it paired with my phone. In screenshot 1 you can see the available option in GAIA App.

In screenshot 2 you can see the available options when both Pods are paired.

Hope you won't have to wait long for the factory reset needed performed in the factory.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 24, 2023 at 9:12 PM Post #1,582 of 2,148
Did allowing the battery to drain have any effect?
Couldn't do it. They turn off after 5 minutes to save battery. I'd have to leave them out for week and keeping touching home to keep them on. Tried for a day. Was super annoying.

Dec 25, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #1,583 of 2,148
It actually didn't require it. I downloaded it from the ifi site into gaia. At no point did any issue or non compatibility get flagged. It updated and then sometime between 30 seconds and 60 seconds after it completed the update, the music shut back off on my left earhook and it started flashing red and green. There is zero way I would have known I had to update the gaia app in order to update the firmware.
I got exactly the same problem after uodated to v1.5.4. I got my go pod updated and both units could played muaic briefly. Then the right side shut down amd kept flashing green and red repeatedly. my units are sent back to rhe dealer for repair and they advised need to send to manufacturer to see what's wrong. I guessed it has something go do with the uodating process too.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #1,584 of 2,148
I got exactly the same problem after uodated yo v1.5.4. I got it updated and both units could played muaic briefly. The. The right side shut down amd kept flash green and red repeatedly. my units are sent back to rhe dealer for repair and they advised need to send to manufacturer to see what's wrong. I guessed it has something go do with the uodating process too.
How many days will this take, if I may ask? Have they told you?

Dec 25, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #1,587 of 2,148
Is the the shure tws option have low volume still? Last I heard the max volume was still too low and the experience was horrible for some iems. The fiio utws5 for example, was way louder

For the Z1R I find it a tad low. For the Volür though, it's great. And I like my music loud.

There are different settings in the Shure app for different Shure IEMs that have different output power. But for any hard to drive IEM it might not be enough.

If Shure would just make a TW3 but designed to be universal rather than just for their IEM, it would be perfect.

I think it's probably such a small part of their lineup that is the least of their priorities.

We need fiio, iFi or another smaller company to do this product type justice. Nobody's there yet.

Dec 25, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #1,588 of 2,148
How many days will this take, if I may ask? Have they told you?
They didnt say how long it'll take. They just told me will send back to the manufacturer to look at it.

Dec 26, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #1,589 of 2,148
Couldn't do it. They turn off after 5 minutes to save battery. I'd have to leave them out for week and keeping touching home to keep them on. Tried for a day. Was super annoying.
Again my apologies for any issues you are having.

Have you filed a Support ticket yet? You have not PM'd me if you did. Please update me as to whether you have done this.

I am also going to look at the possibility of posting instructions when they post new firmware.

Cheers!!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back