iFi audio GO blu - Super small. Super light. Super Sound.
Nov 27, 2022 at 3:07 PM Post #1,426 of 1,594
Hi rocketron,

What was the original bad range and what is the new one?

Mine has a range of about 15ft - would this be considered an okay range for this device?

Hi there.
My first Go Blu would drop out at about 3 meters.
The second unit I have and still enjoy almost daily has a range of easily 15-20 meters.

I even use the Go Blu while washing the car.
Phone sat inside the house.
No problem at all.
I’m only using AAC from a iPhone.
Different codec may have less or more range?

Hope you enjoy your Go Blu it’s a fantastic little device .
In fact it’s stopped me spending far more on a dap as a portable solution.

Nov 27, 2022 at 4:37 PM Post #1,427 of 1,594
Hi there.
My first Go Blu would drop out at about 3 meters.
The second unit I have and still enjoy almost daily has a range of easily 15-20 meters.

I even use the Go Blu while washing the car.
Phone sat inside the house.
No problem at all.
I’m only using AAC from a iPhone.
Different codec may have less or more range?

Hope you enjoy your Go Blu it’s a fantastic little device .
In fact it’s stopped me spending far more on a dap as a portable solution.
Thanks for the reply dude.
I'm really happy with this except for the BT range.

I will try AAC codec and get back.

I use LDAC right now, 15-20ft it cuts out.

Nov 28, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #1,428 of 1,594
British Connection: Go Blu x RHA CL2

GB does great with planar IEMs: most planars need warmth and bass boost to sound musical. CL2 also has a tall but narrow stage, and Xspace helps to widen it out!

20221128_100123.jpg

Nov 30, 2022 at 11:59 AM Post #1,429 of 1,594
Was really hoping for an update on a controllable gain. Unfortunately it had to go back. Form factor and feature set was great, but the noise floor is just way too high. Was distractingly noticeable on all my IEMs and it really diminished fine detail in music. Maybe a v2 will be better.
I wouldn't hold your breath. @iFi audio make thousands of inane posts on the forums but seem to provide very little support.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2022 at 12:16 PM Post #1,430 of 1,594
I just want a version 2! The Go blu were my favourite BT-transmitter, but it could really use an update. I can't even use the Go Blu with my ATPX Adaptive USB-adapter since the SoC of the Go blu is too old.

Might get a used in the meantime, dont really wanna pay full price for a BT-product that's soon 1.5 years old.

LE Audio/LC3
Slightly larger battery
Clip included
Basic App
Newer BT/DAC chip

Please :D

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2022 at 4:08 PM Post #1,431 of 1,594
Yeah, I would love to see a second generation of the Go Blu as well. The form factor and the volume control wheel are outstanding, somewhat reminding me of the Apple Watch crown.
Sadly my experience hasn‘t been that great. The balanced output produces too much noise for many of my favourite IEMs and the bluetooth signal sometimes even drops out when my phone and the Go Blue are in my left and right pants pockets.

Dec 9, 2022 at 5:17 PM Post #1,432 of 1,594
and the bluetooth signal sometimes even drops out when my phone and the Go Blue are in my left and right pants pockets.

This has been reported on a number of occasions, but always totally ignored by iFi :frowning2: :thumbsdown:

Dec 9, 2022 at 5:56 PM Post #1,433 of 1,594
Comparing this to Khadas Tea - similar sound quality in BT mode
BUT

Go Blu volume wheel is a huuuge plus. Go Blu buttons are recessed and accidental presses are nigh impossible, on Khadas Tea, accidental button presses are very, very common, as the buttons potrude. Not volume control. Not quick EQ.

Go Blu is eons ahead of Khadas for me as a BT dongle due to usability and form, while equalling the Khadas in fidelity. Have been using both side by side for 3 weeks now.

Dec 13, 2022 at 12:04 AM Post #1,434 of 1,594
New ifi go blu user here and ordered the leather case at the same time. Has anyone else noticed that the case puts pressure on the wheel so that it can't turn.

To leave enough room for the wheel to operate freely, the case needs to be hanging off the bottom and the top corners exposed.

Makes me not want to use the leather case at all.

Dec 13, 2022 at 12:27 AM Post #1,435 of 1,594
New ifi go blu user here and ordered the leather case at the same time. Has anyone else noticed that the case puts pressure on the wheel so that it can't turn.

To leave enough room for the wheel to operate freely, the case needs to be hanging off the bottom and the top corners exposed.

Makes me not want to use the leather case at all.

I didn't even bother with the iFi leather case simply because the bottom part is exposed. Althought it's snug fit, still gives me the feeling that the GO blu will drop from the bottom.

Get yourself a Miter case, much much better that the iFi case.

Dec 14, 2022 at 5:43 AM Post #1,436 of 1,594
Yesterday, it's my third iFi Go blue that died in less than 2 years probably because of the USB-C supplies I used ..
I have 5 or 6 USB-C plugs available for all my portable stuff and probably one or two are incompatible with the iFi Go Blu => only the iFi Go Blu is dying (I am using Samsung Smatphones, Apple Ipad, Qudelix 5K, FIIO BTR7, A&K Kann Alpha, Less BX2-plus, and many others) ..
It's pity, but I will definitely give up using iFi portable stuffs due to insufficient power protection...

Dec 17, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #1,437 of 1,594
this really looks like swollen battery! be careful!

i dont have this problem with my newly acquired go blu. but i've experienced the same for my fiio m17 recently and a portable power bank long, long time ago. given most electronics are equipped with lithium battery, most people will likely experience this first hand someday.
Hi,
Had the same problem after 9 months. Sent it back and it was replaced. Also had the battery losing it's charge too quickly( lasted only 1 hr at the end). New unit's bt range is much better btw.

Dec 17, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #1,438 of 1,594
Trouble downloading the newest firmware for my go Blu. I watched the video. Did everything as instructed. Didn’t work. Wrote customer support. I explained in great detail the steps I took referring to their YouTube vid. Two days later, got a response with a link to the video.

Completely worthless. Very disappointed. It appears they didn’t read my email.

Oh well V.2 will be coming out in 2023 (my guess, zero rumors). I’ll get a great deal of satisfaction NOT BUYING their latest offering. They won’t hear me, but I will have the last laugh!

Leo

Dec 18, 2022 at 6:50 AM Post #1,439 of 1,594
Write something nice about iFi. They will be all over you in minutes :D

Dec 18, 2022 at 7:29 AM Post #1,440 of 1,594
Hey there,

One thing that would make the Go Blu even better, would be if I could use it with an inline mic and remote.
Can anyone tell me if the Go Blu has a TRRS 4.4 mm jack? If so: If I take a 3.5 mm cable with mic and remote and put it into the 4.4 mm jack via a 4.4 to 3.5 mm adapter, will I get the full potential of the 4.4 mm jack or am I limited because the 3.5 mm cable is not balanced?

Thank you very much in advance,
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back