iFi audio GO blu - Super small. Super light. Super Sound.
Feb 19, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #1,126 of 1,588
Just got my latest Miter case to complete the collection 😁

BC0E303C-E0AA-410B-94AC-50D884B7BBCB.jpeg

Feb 20, 2022 at 12:58 AM Post #1,127 of 1,588
Hi, I am thinking of getting the Ifi Go Blu to use with Fiio FH7 using 4.4mm balanced. My only concern will be noise. Any users here who have heard that pairing and can advise on noise levels?

Cheers!

Feb 21, 2022 at 11:20 PM Post #1,133 of 1,588
Feb 23, 2022 at 5:52 AM Post #1,134 of 1,588
Ok, so I got the Ifi Go Blu. Mighty impressive. Really enjoying it immediately. Super sound, no noticeable noise via Fiio FH7, 4.4mm balanced. Lovely sound, either wired or wireless. Definitely a keeper. Working out a way of velcro-ing a clip to it now.

Noticeably low noise interference when backed onto my Samsung A52. That's nice. Means I can use it as a wired dac, strapped to the phone. The Fiio Q5S and Mojo are hopeless in this regard.

Did I mention the sound? great sound! What a blast!

Feb 23, 2022 at 6:05 AM Post #1,135 of 1,588
Further observations, the Go Blu feels much more like a mini-DAC/Amp than a bluetooth dongle than the BTR3 or BTR5, which have both hitherto been my go-to BT devices til now. I've been really messing around with various DAPs and phones with the Go Blu since yesterday. It's a really fun device. As I'm thinking now of it more as a DAC, I've been seeing what I can hard wire it to and finding out some quirks.

Wired, it doesn't play ball with my Fiio X7ii, oddly as a DAC. Otherwise, works nicely with the M6 Fiio, and gives the sound a nice boost there.

In windows, it's a bit of a pain. It really doesn't like the Tidal app; it works, but the volumes are all cocked up, very sensitive, making huge volume jumps. In Musicbee, it fairs better, and also in Roon. It's all a bit odd in windows. I can't quite figure it out; I'm setting exclusive mode in apps, and yet the windows volume is still kicking in when I turn the dial. I have been bitten with volume overload several times, unexpectedly which was very unpleasant.

I'm settling back into a regular setup either wired or via BT using my Samsung A52 as my go-to device, and I might use the M6 with it for more portable use. That's a fun setup.

Any pointers on how to hardwire using windows would be appreciated. It'd be nice to use as a portable DAC reliably for both windows and android.

Feb 24, 2022 at 12:02 PM Post #1,136 of 1,588
Big review of iFi go blu from convince me audio. The part i like a lot is the synergy, he talks about how good it sounds with focals and it is absolutely true, with my focals the go blu sounds so good. Its solid with other things too, but unusually nice with the Elegia/Focal Clear

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #1,138 of 1,588

Thanks so much for this nicely written review! As per @animalsrush's post, GO blu now features two filters;

STD - a mid-length filter that with some ringing included
MIN - a short filter with pre and post ringing reduced

Thanks!

Just makes me enter deep into de music in a different way.

That's the idea, thanks :)

Big review of iFi go blu from convince me audio. The part i like a lot is the synergy, he talks about how good it sounds with focals and it is absolutely true, with my focals the go blu sounds so good. Its solid with other things too, but unusually nice with the Elegia/Focal Clear

Thanks, we have to try GO blu with Focals then and keep up!

As I'm thinking now of it more as a DAC, I've been seeing what I can hard wire it to and finding out some quirks.

Yep, GO blu was designed as a tiny DAC/amp package with a wireless input to pair it with your smartphone.

Wired, it doesn't play ball with my Fiio X7ii, oddly as a DAC.

As long as that FiiO DAP can output digital data via USB, it should work.

Any pointers on how to hardwire using windows would be appreciated.

Jus to clarify, are you experiencing volume issues only in Tidal?

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Mar 2, 2022 at 12:54 AM Post #1,140 of 1,588
Just got my latest Miter case to complete the collection 😁

BC0E303C-E0AA-410B-94AC-50D884B7BBCB.jpeg

Lovely cases in their own right!

Thank you for the time and effort you put into this awesome review!

Ok, so I got the Ifi Go Blu. Mighty impressive. Really enjoying it immediately. Super sound, no noticeable noise via Fiio FH7, 4.4mm balanced. Lovely sound, either wired or wireless. Definitely a keeper. Working out a way of velcro-ing a clip to it now.

Noticeably low noise interference when backed onto my Samsung A52. That's nice. Means I can use it as a wired dac, strapped to the phone. The Fiio Q5S and Mojo are hopeless in this regard.

Did I mention the sound? great sound! What a blast!

Thank you!

What a fantastic device.
For me its a must have.
I also have the fiio M11 plus LTD, Ifi Gryphon, but this little device it's amazing!
Just makes me enter deep into de music in a different way

We appreciate the love!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back