iFi audio GO blu - Super small. Super light. Super Sound.
Oct 15, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #541 of 1,588
I'm having a very specific problem. My LG V60 is my main phone and I cannot get it to connect to the ifi Go blu with LDAC. It defaults to aptX Adaptive and I can only change it to go to a lower bitrate, nothing higher. My LG v60 has no issue connecting to the WF1000XM4 and the ifi go blu has no issue connecting to a Pixel 4A with LDAC.

I've gone through developer options and the bluetooth menu, so I know it's not something like that. I've also updated the ifi Go Blu's firmware.

There seems to be a specific compatibility issue between the ifi go blu and the V60. Has anyone else experienced any issues like these?

Oct 15, 2021 at 8:45 PM Post #543 of 1,588
have you tested ldac with other devices? On the LG I think there’s a toggle in the pull down menu for ldac but that may be the quad dac
Yeah. My V60 has no issues connecting via LDAC to other devices. And same with the ifi go blu.

I found someone that had the same issue I did with the qudelix 5k: https://forum.qudelix.com/post/ldac-not-working-with-lg-v60-10595429

They were able to get it fixed but it seems I won't be able to replicate that since there's no app for the ifi GO Blu where I can disable aptx adaptive.

Oct 16, 2021 at 12:42 AM Post #544 of 1,588
Hi folks!

Big heads-up! You can now update the Go Blu on iOS devices!

Search "iFi-Gaia" on the app store and you will be able to update the Go Blu.

Thanks for being patient with us on this!

Oct 16, 2021 at 12:48 AM Post #545 of 1,588
For anyone having issues with the app on iOS, you need to first disconnect the device in your Bluetooth list then it will show up in the list of devices in the app. Select it, hit the settings tab and you can update from there. The process is much simpler on iOS than on android.

Oct 16, 2021 at 12:50 AM Post #546 of 1,588
Go Blu sounds great, has a beautiful timbre, but hiss a lot, mostly by 4.4 but also a little by 3.5. By 4.4 the noise is so loud that you can't focus on the music. Is it normal? Do I have any defective product? (I'm listening with an iPhone)

The hiss is more common, as the more sensitive IEMs become.

The Go Blu is designed to power a wide variety of devices at one sensitivity setting, and as such, we decided to find a good middle ground between headphones and IEMs.

I have no hiss problems whatsoever although I only tried high impedance headphones on it and a 22 ohm lcd-x. I don't have any sensitive IEMs to test

Hope it's a good synergy with your LCD-X!

The Timeless is getting great feedback from a lot of people. I would have gone for one if hadn't bought too much already. It's nice to see more good planar IEMs though.
I've also bought a few DUNU and Fiio cables with modular plugs to be more versatile.

Seems like The Timeless is going to be a flagship killer IEM in the 200-300 IEM range. Shoots way above the price from what I have heard in my circles.

@DUNU-Topsound cables have a forever home in my set-up and come highly recommended by me!

I got mine in a few days early today from Bloom Audio. I’ll comment later on a comparison vs the BTR5, but initial impressions are it’s close enough to be masked by Bluetooth limitations. Here are a couple other observations when hooked up to an iPhone 13.

1 - I was hoping for better Bluetooth range over the FiiO and so far it seems about the same, it may reach a lot better but it’s still very limited when compared to my AirPods

2 - I can hook my BTR5 and use as a wired dongle on my phone, when I hook this thing up I get an error saying to draws too much power so those looking to run like like a dragonfly off your phone be warned it may not work.

3 - The one area where this has an advantage over the FiiO is the addition of xbass and xspace. Those are both very tastefully implemented and pair particulars well with my Dunu SA6, I find these to work better than what I’m able to achieve with the EQ on the FiiO

Thanks so much for your feedback!, especially in regards to wired mode on your phone. I'll look into this!

Am I understanding this correctly that I need Android to apply a firmware update, or is there an alternative to do this with a windows pc, max or iPhone?

I don't quite understand how to update firmware? via android phone or windows 10 laptop? In the instruction download, there is a driver for USB (for windows) but it is mentioned in this thread to update by android only?

The USB driver is for windows playback only, it’s sometimes needed for high resolution tracks. The firmware update must be done via an android phone.

Please see my update in my post above! Our iPhone app is live and now you can update on both iPhone and android.

Yeah. My V60 has no issues connecting via LDAC to other devices. And same with the ifi go blu.

I found someone that had the same issue I did with the qudelix 5k: https://forum.qudelix.com/post/ldac-not-working-with-lg-v60-10595429

They were able to get it fixed but it seems I won't be able to replicate that since there's no app for the ifi GO Blu where I can disable aptx adaptive.

That's certainly odd that the L60 is the only device not reflecting LDAC to the Go Blu. I will look into this as well and see if we can bring up any solutions for you.

Oct 16, 2021 at 12:50 AM Post #547 of 1,588
For anyone having issues with the app on iOS, you need to first disconnect the device in your Bluetooth list then it will show up in the list of devices in the app. Select it, hit the settings tab and you can update from there. The process is much simpler on iOS than on android.

Thanks!

Oct 16, 2021 at 1:08 AM Post #549 of 1,588
The hiss is more common, as the more sensitive IEMs become.

The Go Blu is designed to power a wide variety of devices at one sensitivity setting, and as such, we decided to find a good middle ground between headphones IEMs.
so is it something that cannot be fixed in the next update? I mainly use IEM, does that mean Go Blu is not for me? I already had a few DAPs and DACs, but this was the first time I encountered a hiss problem.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2021 at 1:13 AM Post #550 of 1,588
so is it something that cannot be fixed in the next update? I mainly use IEM, does that mean Go Blu is not for me? I already had a few DAPs and DACs, but this was the first time I encountered a hiss problem.

We are still looking it and seeing if there's anything we can do with a post firmware update.

The Go Blu is absolutely for folks with IEMs, and we highly encourage people with IEMs to use it as it is the truest form of on the Go listening.

Some IEMs will have hiss, while others won't at this time.

EX: My Unique Melody MEST MK 2 does not have hiss on 3.5mm or 4.4mm balanced, while my Campfire Solaris Flower Edition does of small amounts on both settings.

Oct 16, 2021 at 1:41 AM Post #552 of 1,588
With my DUNU SA6 I get significant hiss out of the 4.4 jack but it’s very minor on the 3.5 jack so that’s what I use. The fact though that the 4.4 jack can easily run my Focal Clear means I can live with some hiss on the 4.4 jack.

I can confirm that the firmware update fixed the issue using this as a dongle from the iPhone, works great now. The sound quality over Bluetooth is good but the difference going to the wire is quite apparent so glad that got fixed.

Oct 16, 2021 at 6:56 AM Post #553 of 1,588
Some thoughts after few days of owning it.
Sound wise it is fantastic device rendering middle tier DAP useless imho. Couple of things that are either cons or things to be worked at.
1. No companion app. C'mon ifi, it is 2021, device with this usage profile and with this price should have one.
2. No gain selection. Low sensitivity IEMs have hiss, also the volume goes very loud very fast.
3. When connected via USB cable to windows pc volume is extremely high, that much high that when it is set to 0 in Win you can still hear music.
4. Using with Win PC over BT and with MS Teams. There is some kind of bug that does not occur with my other bt devices. When I leave/finish call I can hear ringer in headphones. Need to make dummy call to get rid of it. Probably fw issue, not sure if it happens with other software.

Despite the teething issues and disadvantages over likes of Q5k/ES100 I take GO blue over them. My ears are happy bit my brain screams:
Why ifi, oh why!? This could be perfect device with little bit more effort, but right now it is just very good.

Oct 16, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #554 of 1,588
4787AD84-495B-45CF-8617-32331E8D939B.jpeg

Go Blu with Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk are great together. As an IEM newbie it looks like it’s a great time to enter the IEM world with all these great new products coming out — and the Go Blu is the CUTEST of them all.

Oct 16, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #555 of 1,588
Hi folks!

Big heads-up! You can now update the Go Blu on iOS devices!

Search "iFi-Gaia" on the app store and you will be able to update the Go Blu.

Thanks for being patient with us on this!
Thanks for this!!:heart_eyes: If possible, it would be really nice if the new firmware could be downloaded within the app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back