iFi audio GO blu - Super small. Super light. Super Sound.
Sep 24, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #317 of 1,588
I was expecting it to have enough power. Is it a bad pairing?

I’ve only listened to them on my element and mjolnir before today, as they sound pretty bog standard out of a phone. They sounded nice though with both xspace and xbass on. It’s unbelievable for the size of the GO. They aren’t a headphone I would use whilst commuting though so not something I would likely do again.

I’ve used it with the moondrop starfields as well now. Again they sound amazing with the bass and space on. I love the sound on this as much as the hip dac.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #319 of 1,588
A bigger brother joined the team .
8005A337-74D1-4A80-AAEE-DC72C62B2BBD.jpeg

Sep 25, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #320 of 1,588
A bigger brother joined the team .
Suggest another addition for the Go blue...... A magnetic attachment for holding it on shirt/clothing

Attachments

• 20210925_173107.jpg
    20210925_173107.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210925_173046.jpg
    20210925_173046.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Sep 25, 2021 at 9:02 PM Post #321 of 1,588
Suggest another addition for the Go blue...... A magnetic attachment for holding it on shirt/clothing
Is it ok to use magnets 🧲 so close with a electronic device?

Sep 25, 2021 at 9:14 PM Post #322 of 1,588
Is it ok to use magnets 🧲 so close with a electronic device?
Listening now as I write this and no problem. Also added the same to my Shanling UP4 with no problems.

Sep 26, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #323 of 1,588
I just received my Go Blue and so far, I am very pleased with the build quality and SQ when paired with my Moto G7 Power. I have to thank Bloom Audio for their superb customer service; I placed my order on Friday and received my Go today (Tuesday). I also appreciated the Thank You note and Skittles 🤗

Pairing with my phone was virtually instantaneous and the operation was quite intuitive after a quick read of the User Manual.

Initial testing via the 4.4 output with some of my lossless test files convinced me that it would be difficult if not impossible for me to tell the difference between the Go and my Hiby R5 DAP.

I found the tonal options to be subtle but yet effective. The X-bass seemed to add a bit of solidity and space to the soundstage without any bloom or any other annoying artifacts and I quite liked it. I didn't so much care for the X-Space as it seemed to make the highs a bit edgy, however I do need to try it with some of my other phones.

Overall, I am very satisfied with my purchase decision and the only thing on my want list would be to add crossfeed to the sound options via one additional click. Hopefully this could be considered in a future firmware update as was done with the Qudelix.

Edit: It seems, after use with several different sources, the reception distance is notably less than many of my other Bluetooth devices and subject to dropouts due to rather small line of sight interruptions.
according to ifi ads the case is made by plastic to improve signal strength but that does not seem to help much in your case. I ordered one and I hope the strength is better than on my BTR5, which I am retiring because its glass broke, it's heavy and the range is poor. Also, the volume knob made me hit the order button to get a Go.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #324 of 1,588
First of all, I am a big fan of IFI audio and their Xbass ever since I bought the Zen dac to go with my Z1R. I was thrilled to hear about the Go Blu and bought it immediately from Wod audio in Germany. I’ve had it for some days now and here are my impressions and observations.

• Excellent sound quality as always from ifi. Compared to my BTR5 the details sounded a bit better to me
  • Super light weight and tiny, yet remarkable craftsmanship
  • Volume knob is very practical and handy. No need to worry about accidental volume changes in pocket as it has a click-step adjustment
  • 4.4mm on such a tiny thing is impressive. No longer worrying about fragile 2.5mm pins
  • Xbass brings out the bass on my Xelento. I use it as my daily driver now replacing the SE846
  • Xspace did not make much difference to my ears with these IEMs at least
  • Battery lasts very long. Never ran out of it so far. I just recharge it from time to time. Again being colour blind I can’t tell whether it’s full (green) or half-full (yellow)
Minor issues as others have already pointed out
  • There’s noticeable hissing especially on the 4.4mm and when using sensitive IEMs like the SE846. On the BTR5 and while directly plugging into my iPhone there is no hiss. With the Xelento the hiss are not so noticeable
  • Go blu does not remember the paired devices properly. After pairing a second device it forgets the first one
  • A small light weight clip-on would be nice to wear this on the shirt or on the neck at the back of my sweaters paired with a short cable. This is how I used my BTR5
  • Not sure if this is just me as I am a bit colour blind. I cannot make out the difference in LED colour between the Xspace only and Xspace+Xbass on. They both look same to me and so is hard to say
  • It would be nice to have the power LED turn off automatically after a short period as in dark places this is a bit distracting
  • Last but not least, an auto-power off after some minutes of inactivity would be nice to save battery
Thanks to IFI for this wonderful device ! I know you guys are not into DAPs but if you make one as sexy as the Go blu I would buy it instantly ! All it would require is a nice portable device with good battery life and streaming options. I don’t care if it is Android or not !

Note: I had to make a new account to post this as I haven’t used my old Head-fi account in years and I don’t remember that account anymore.

Sep 26, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #326 of 1,588
Any comparison with the Qudelix Q5k?

Thanks.
I don't have the GO Blue so can't answer your question (asked the same question previously) but can tell you the 5K doesn't have the issues that @nioh just posted above. 5K works fine with the SE846 with no noticeable hiss as far as I could tell and can customize alot of those features. The question is do you want a smaller/simpler device with a volume knob but limited customizability, no EQ and no app (not all users need these features) or do you not care about the plain black box design of the 5K (which I personally like) and want EQ, app, control over almost every detail, etc. Seem like each device is targeted at two very different types of users

From a sound perspective (still hoping someone will do a comparison between the two, both devices are probably first and foremost intended as Bluetooth devices. I have had the Qudelix since it came out and have been very happy with it (much better than the ES100 I used before that). Don't mind 2.5mm balanced since I have a few of those balanced cables on IEMs and a 2.5mm interconnect for my Hart Audio cable system but others who prefer the 4.4mm may prefer the Blu.

Still hoping someone will do a comparison.

Sep 26, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #327 of 1,588
First of all, I am a big fan of IFI audio and their Xbass ever since I bought the Zen dac to go with my Z1R. I was thrilled to hear about the Go Blu and bought it immediately from Wod audio in Germany. I’ve had it for some days now and here are my impressions and observations.

• Excellent sound quality as always from ifi. Compared to my BTR5 the details sounded a bit better to me
  • Volume knob is very practical and handy. No need to worry about accidental volume changes in pocket as it has a click-step adjustment
  • 4.4mm on such a tiny thing is impressive. No longer worrying about fragile 2.5mm pins
  • Xbass brings out the bass on my Xelento. I use it as my daily driver now replacing the SE846
  • Battery lasts very long. Never ran out of it so far. I just recharge it from time to time. Again being colour blind I can’t tell whether it’s full (green) or half-full (yellow)
  • There’s noticeable hissing especially on the 4.4mm and when using sensitive IEMs like the SE846. On the BTR5 and while directly plugging into my iPhone there is no hiss. With the Xelento the hiss are not so noticeable
  • Go blu does not remember the paired devices properly. After pairing a second device it forgets the first one
  • A small light weight clip-on would be nice to wear this on the shirt or on the neck at the back of my sweaters paired with a short cable. This is how I used my BTR5
  • Not sure if this is just me as I am a bit colour blind. I cannot make out the difference in LED colour between the Xspace only and Xspace+Xbass on. They both look same to me and so is hard to say
  • It would be nice to have the power LED turn off automatically after a short period as in dark places this is a bit distracting
  • Last but not least, an auto-power off after some minutes of inactivity would be nice to save battery
Thanks to IFI for this wonderful device ! I know you guys are not into DAPs but if you make one as sexy as the Go blu I would buy it instantly ! All it would require is a nice portable device with good battery life and streaming options. I don’t care if it is Android or not !

Note: I had to make a new account to post this as I haven’t used my old Head-fi account in years and I don’t remember that account anymore.
i think its cause of your color blindness ... for me its easy to say what color is on there... cause both on is white

auto shut down ... please dont or at least with some good time window like 30mins or so.. would be very annoying if its shuts down every 5 mins where you are not using it .. battery last long enough i think .. so there is no need for it from my view .

Sep 26, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #328 of 1,588

maybe this helps

1x press - X Bass
2x - x space
3x both
4x off

Sep 26, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #330 of 1,588
I’ve only listened to them on my element and mjolnir before today, as they sound pretty bog standard out of a phone. They sounded nice though with both xspace and xbass on. It’s unbelievable for the size of the GO. They aren’t a headphone I would use whilst commuting though so not something I would likely do again.

I’ve used it with the moondrop starfields as well now. Again they sound amazing with the bass and space on. I love the sound on this as much as the hip dac.
hi, is the go blu sound similar to hip-dac?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back